Is it easy to disassemble gas system?

All the tools you need is in round toolbox inside the stock (some kind of screwdriver - top part). First of all be sure your weapon is unloaded. Detach magazine, pull the bolt full back couple of times then safely pull the trigger to ensure there is no shell loaded in chamber.

It would be better to disassemble gun first (remove reciever cover, recoil spring, bolt carrier with bolt head).

To unscrew gas port regulator you need to push lock pin (middle part of the image) with screwdriver and turn regulator counterclockwise simultaneously (bottom part of the image). After several turns you unscrew gas port enough to don't care about pushing pin. Remove gas port, turn gun barrel down holding you hand near the gas tube to catch piston separator falling out from tube. If it's stuck just poke the piston with finger to help it to find it's way out.

Better way - read the manual first :)

post-2-1060103951.jpg

Heh, I use a communist made (Chinese) chopstick to push my plunger in personally. :lolol:

All the tools you need is in round toolbox inside the stock (some kind of screwdriver - top part).

ZakherBakher,

Thanks for the guidelines.

I'm sure I have Siaga manual somewhere in my apartment, but I have been unsuccessful so far locating it :)

I am looking into modifying gas system in order to make Saiga single-shot. This way I can legaly put a pistol grip on it.

IMHO Pistol grip doesn't worth absence of semiauto mode

Gaddis Heh, I use a communist made (Chinese) chopstick to push my plunger in personally.

Good for you. As you can see I'm even forced to use communist-made finger in order to push pin with communist-made tool! :up:

Edited by ZakherBakher

I don't think I have even looked once into that little tool tube that came with my Saiga. BTW - if you use the chopstick/pencil technique to hold down your gas tube plunger correctly, you wouldn't have to re-position the tool (as I comprehend how you are doing it now) every time the gas tube plug rotates 1/2 a turn (you could just unscrew it in one motion). :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...