Suppressed .410?

Has anyone ever though of a suppressor for the .410?

I just thought it would seem pretty easy to do. (except for the Tax Stamp)

Mabey even use an existing pistol caliber suppressor & adapter for the threading that's on the .410

I bet it would work great with 000 & slugs!

Any thoughts?

Now let's not make it sound too easy to make a shotgun suppressor. Well OK the suppressor is easy, making one that doesn't fill up with 2 pounds of crap after a couple boxes, and has decent reduction, that's the hard part.

Edited by VanKiller
Now let's not make it sound too easy to make a shotgun suppressor. Well OK the suppressor is easy, making one that doesn't fill up with 2 pounds of crap after a couple boxes, and has decent reduction, that's the hard part.

Not hard to design for the right team. Not hard to produce with a lathe and a mill.

• 1 month later...

Not hard to design for the right team. Not hard to produce with a lathe and a mill.

Would this be something you could legally build & put on a shotgun by paying the ATF Tax?

Would the sound suppression be enough to use with out hearing protection?

I have land in an area that's legal & safe for shotguns.

However, my neighbor is a vet that's sensitive to loud shotgun and large caliber blast.

I would love to make everyone happy and still have fun with my Gun.

Thank you for your input

JJ

Would this be something you could legally build & put on a shotgun by paying the ATF Tax?

Yes, just the same as any suppressor.

Yes, the one pictured above is mounted on an 8" Saiga, and you can shoot it without protection- remember, shorties are MUCH louder than full-length guns.

It would be pretty damn long on an 18" gun, though.

Yes, just the same as any suppressor.

Yes, the one pictured above is mounted on an 8" Saiga, and you can shoot it without protection- remember, shorties are MUCH louder than full-length guns.

It would be pretty damn long on an 18" gun, though.

So is Tony planning on marketing his shottie suppressors? I plan on SBSing my 410 this year and a suppressor would be pretty damn cool for it, or can I just use one for a .45?

• 1 month later...
There's no .410 suppressor in the works. The market is too small.

The 12g suppressor is being tooled and will be out "soon".

Hey, Bob. I'm interested in getting one of these for my S12 when it becomes available. Just wondering, would it screw right on using the factory threads or would the barrel need to have more threads added because of the length and weight of the suppressor?

Thanks.

Bob, hi from rainy Ukraine.

Ok pls clarify something to me. What do you mean exactly in different? I take it for the supressor has to work only with slugs,

or you mean it can work with shot also? For slugs I can't imagine any great difference in the internals plus the velocity is lower than a bullet. I've never seen any patent about a specifically designed shotgun supressor can you point to a plan or something?

Joe

A shotgun supressor is different internally than one made for bullets.

That being said, it's easy to make one.

SuppressorX2.jpg

SuppressorX3.jpg

Bob, hi from rainy Ukraine.

Ok pls clarify something to me. What do you mean exactly in different? I take it for the supressor has to work only with slugs,

or you mean it can work with shot also? For slugs I can't imagine any great difference in the internals plus the velocity is lower than a bullet. I've never seen any patent about a specifically designed shotgun supressor can you point to a plan or something?

Joe

Joe,

Our suppressor will work or any load, slug, buckshot or birdshot. A suppressor made only for bullets (or slugs) would fill up with wadding and shot in no time.

We don't have a patent, it's a simple design. Also, the Tromix suppressor will take factory-threaded chokes and muzzle devices (like the Shark Brake).

Edited by BobAsh