Thumbhole stock addition?

Hey, I'm new here but I gotta ask...

1. Is it possible to add a thumbhole stock to the normal saiga-12 that comes with the average rifle stock?

2. Would that be considered a pistol grip and therefore illegal?

I'm looking into buying a Saiga next and I want to know what my options are...personally I don't think the standard stock looks very good...all my weapons have a pistol grip or fiberglass thumbhole stock.

:killer:

A bunch of us have already. Its a grey area I'm told in the end by my ATF sources. Some jackass was trying to tell me that the ATF just ruled a thumbhole was a pistol grip too, but I've never seen such a ruling, and even then it only applied to rifle stocks too so its kind of immaterial in regards to a shotgun. Once again, out of the mouth of the enforcement division localy.

I shoot mine in matches all the time so if it were "wrong" I'm sure someone would have approached me by now on the firing line.

Cool, I knew I wasn't thinking of something new. What stock did you mount on a Saiga-12 that has the trigger and guard as far back as the ones I see for sale that have the standard stock? I keep looking at other fiberglass and wood stocks thinking..."hmmm, if I cut it here, would it mount ok?"

Hey Ky Soldier, generally you have to move the trigger foward (someone should do a detailed guide on how this is done, as i am not really sure) than most AK style stocks should mount with some modification. or you could try to make your own if you have some carpentry skills.

BTW what model H&K is that in your pic? looks like a HK53

Edited by Tbird Man

Yeah, I've seen some discussion on here before about moving the trigger, I imagine that's a little over my head right now, I'm still relatively new to the Kalashnikov family. ;) I bet I'd fair better at converting a stock to fit; regardless of the trigger placement. Oh yeah, that's not an HK, although if you like HKs we'll get along fine :D It's actually a CETME (Spanish surplus parts with a new Century receiver; predecessor to the more modern HK G3, better known as an HK 91 to civilians.) But, once I get done installing the HK parts I ordered yesterday, you won't be able to tell to well! If you are interested in one, I'll tell you all about it and refer you to where I got mine.

Hey Tbird Man, I just got back from vacation and saw your post. CETMEs really aren't expensive (especially if you've bought AKs in the past) the one I got came with 4 twenty round mags and 1 five round mag for $310 + tax. Now that isn't bad at all for an HK look alike. A guy at the range had the real HK91 and he was impressed by mine; the only real give away is the rear sight. The HK91 (G3) has the typical round HK rear sight just like the MP5 you mentioned, mine does not. Plus minor magazine differences that most people don't notice.

If you're interested heres the address...I bought the last one but they assured me they'd order more :D

http://64.226.66.194/miva/merchant.mv?Scre...ategory_Code=RF

Well, the way you get weapons shipped to you is to have them shipped to an FFL licensed dealer near you. They charge a small fee, usually about $25 I think. The website I sent you has its store near me so I was able to drive there and cut out my local dealer.