Supreme Court to Hear Second Amendment Case

Yeah well, the television, radio, and fucking internet weren't what they were thinking when they came up with the First Amendment but I don't hear anybody starting shit about it. This dead horse has been getting beat for years now. Do they think that the founding fathers were unaware that improvements and advances weren't going to be made in the firearm industry as well as almost every other? These people are full of shit!

I myself am a Dem, but the issue of Gun Control separates me from the Dems in office. I totally disagree with their positions on the 2nd amdmt. I'm so sick of them beating this thing to death. There's nothing difficult about the 2nd amdmt that requires this deep investigation as to what the writers really intended. How much more clear can it be? These A-hole dems want everyone to think that those of us for the 2nd amdmt have this great desire to go back to "gun-slinger" days swinging our pistols about in a drunken stuper all willy nilly without a care in the world, and they focus on this to deter people from the truth-so they can get their own personal agendas in place.

So often the 2nd part of the 2nd amdmt (which I feel is probably the most important part) is constantly ignored, and that's the rite to form a well organzied and regulated militia. The Dems have to realize that we now live in a post 911 society, and until they get their thumbs out of their asses and quit playing politics with OUR 2nd amdmt, this issue will continue to go on for years.

Like it or not, the fighting will be brought to the streets of America. History ALWAYS has a funny way of repeating itself. What..., are we supposed to rely on a military that's already stretched so thin you can see the other side to protect us from those who invade our nation???? History has shown in the past how vital militias are to this country. They can take all of our guns, but the only thing they'll be doing is dis-arming the law-abiding citizens of this nation, and the criminals will be the ones with the guns. Again history shows that no matter what you take from a criminal they will ALWAYS find a way to get it back. Prohibition couldn't be a better example.

If they screw us on the 2nd amdmt..., all I can say is God, Buddah, or whomever you pray to.., may that higher being help us all because when that day comes, the United States will no longer be safe. The doors will be wide open to terrorists as we will have no way to defend ourselves, families, homes, and this nation that we so love. Let's hope that day never comes.

Its funny all these god damn hippies forget that if we didnt have arms in the first place there would be no USA
  • 1 month later...
The second amendment is very clear, "the rights to bear arms shall not be infringed".

With all these hippies out there, I wonder sometimes if it was worth it to put my life on the line for the USA.

Ded Moroz.

Hey welcome to the board.

You're the only one that can answer that question.

I myself am a Dem, but the issue of Gun Control separates me from the Dems in office. I totally disagree with their positions on the 2nd amdmt. I'm so sick of them beating this thing to death. There's nothing difficult about the 2nd amdmt that requires this deep investigation as to what the writers really intended. How much more clear can it be? These A-hole dems want everyone to think that those of us for the 2nd amdmt have this great desire to go back to "gun-slinger" days swinging our pistols about in a drunken stuper all willy nilly without a care in the world, and they focus on this to deter people from the truth-so they can get their own personal agendas in place.

So often the 2nd part of the 2nd amdmt (which I feel is probably the most important part) is constantly ignored, and that's the rite to form a well organzied and regulated militia. The Dems have to realize that we now live in a post 911 society, and until they get their thumbs out of their asses and quit playing politics with OUR 2nd amdmt, this issue will continue to go on for years.

Like it or not, the fighting will be brought to the streets of America. History ALWAYS has a funny way of repeating itself. What..., are we supposed to rely on a military that's already stretched so thin you can see the other side to protect us from those who invade our nation???? History has shown in the past how vital militias are to this country. They can take all of our guns, but the only thing they'll be doing is dis-arming the law-abiding citizens of this nation, and the criminals will be the ones with the guns. Again history shows that no matter what you take from a criminal they will ALWAYS find a way to get it back. Prohibition couldn't be a better example.

If they screw us on the 2nd amdmt..., all I can say is God, Buddah, or whomever you pray to.., may that higher being help us all because when that day comes, the United States will no longer be safe. The doors will be wide open to terrorists as we will have no way to defend ourselves, families, homes, and this nation that we so love. Let's hope that day never comes.

Its funny all these god damn hippies forget that if we didnt have arms in the first place there would be no USA

Our doors will also be open to the abuses of the government and the streets not safe from government oppression which is why the second amendment is there in the first place. I think the founding father feared a future tyrannical government stripping citizens of theri rights more then a foreign invader. Remember, Europe and England were a pretty long way away back then and after England's defeat probably were considered less of a threat then a future usurper of people's rights. It is not about hunting or protection from crime, although those were also a consideration, it was about the people being albe to defend their liberties in the future that this amendment is about. Unfortunately, the recent track record shows that the government is less concerned with the rights of the people and more concerned with making corrupt politicians rich and secure from the people. Liberty and justice for all is at stake here, not just guns. Once the second amendment is gone the others will follow in short order, mark my words.

Yep. Once the 2nd Amendment is out the door it won't be long before the 1st gets curtailed "for the sake of national security and public order". Unfortunately, the same idiots who claim that crap like that won't ever happen in the US are sorely misguided. We didn't use to sanction torture either.

I really want every single anti-2A journalist in the state of NJ to apply for a Text Originator Identification Card (TOID) and subject themselves to a NICS check and two questionnaires every time they wanted to write an article. I think that's a reasonable request considering that's the process I have to go through every time I want to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights in regards to purchasing a long gun. I haven't even touched on the process of buying pistols or the firearm limitations I have to put up with.

Hi; I'm new here. I consider myself a Democrate because of Republican big business interest at the expense of the average citizen. I am totally against Democrate attacks on gun rights. My personal opinion is these are driven by religious zealots. Why is that all the goofy laws seem to favor the criminal? Gun rights groups have a "save the criminal adjenda". I'm all for for helping troubled persons, when they are in your house though, it,s probably too late though. I have heard anti gun statements like "a person does not have the right to defend themselves". This seems to be the battle cry of the anti gunners. If they can't get the gun outlawed they are just going to try to turn it into the most unappealing firearm that they can. These are people that would not or could not defend themselves if a burgler broke into their home, even if they had a firearm. Some of these would rather watch a daughter be raped than shoot a burgler. They could always go to church next Sunday & pray for the burgler. Fortunatly we had a pastor in the church recently that thought the lives of his members were worth saving both spiritually & physically. They had armed guards for the church, what a concept. There is hope when this happens. I believe that more & more people are waking up to the attacks on our right to bear arms for self defense & that it is OK to defend yourself. I live in Wisconsin & we have a governor that is playing with the lives of the citizens here. We can't conceal carry for any reason. We can''t open carry even though there isn't a law against it. He knows the police can't be everywhere. What is a Wisconsinite supposed to do if your life is in danger, you are supposed to die my friend, it is a sacrifice our governor is willing to make. Many Wisconsinites have died because of his vetos in my opinion, his adjenda is alive & well though. I personlly lost a friend because he went into his yard & asked 3 gangbangers what they were doing there. He was shot dead. He was a good citizen & didn't carry a gun though, right gov.? I personally believe reason will eventually prevail, yes even in Wisconsin. I believe the Supreme Court will find that law abiding citizens can protect themselves in their homes. Will the anti gunners say this only applies to the home, that would be a slippery slope for them. I think most of the country is going in the right direction with gun rights. We got a few states to work on though. Shine on, Randy

• 1 month later...
Hi; I'm new here. I consider myself a Democrate because of Republican big business interest at the expense of the average citizen. I am totally against Democrate attacks on gun rights. My personal opinion is these are driven by religious zealots.

I'd have to disagree with that one. It's not the religious right that wants to take away our guns. It's the loony left.

• 4 weeks later...
Liberty and justice for all is at stake here, not just guns. Once the second amendment is gone the others will follow in short order, mark my words.

Exactly, the right to keep and bear arms is the thread that holds the rest of our rights together. You can be sure though by giving up your guns you are giving all the power to those who will still have them. "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." ----George Washington

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans these days is which rights each party wants to take away from us. It's not a matter of losing our rights, it's a matter of which order we lose them in.

How far are we away from that point when George W. Bush himself says "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face! It's just a goddamned piece of paper", which is an actual quote by Bush and confirmed by at least 3 people present at the meeting where he said it. This coming from a man who took an oath on the Bible to uphold the Constitution itself. He may as well have pissed on the graves of all those men who died to give us our freedom. Are we past the point of no return, too late to take back what's rightfully ours? Who knows, but I bet a great many of us won't stand by and just let it all happen. "In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility - I welcome it." ----John F. Kennedy