Great deal on Brown Bear- $95 per 500 includes shipping

GREAT DEAL

The Ammo Connection is selling Brown Bear 500 rds. for $95 and that INCLUDES SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN Lower 48 .

http://www.ammoconnection.com/ammo_brownbear.html

I just got mine today. Shipped from Vermont to me in Indiana in less than a week. Great folks to deal with too.

louielouie

p.s. Golden Tiger $179.95 per 1000 FREE SHIPPING !!!!!!!!

Edited by louielouie
  • 3 weeks later...
Which is better? Does it matter?

Catahoula

I found a range test done on the "AK47 Review".

"The results. Of the four types we shot, the two 'bears' were best. followed closely by Wolf (black box) with Golden Tiger in last place.

http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1189253823

Great article with lots of photos.

Based on the information and photos in the posting, I think the Brown Bear is the better buy. Besides, Brown Bear ($190 per 1000) is only $5 more than Golden Tiger at $185 per 1000).

post-5881-1197038528_thumb.jpg

louielouie

• 1 month later...

i didnt have alot of luck with Brown Bear .223 when i picked up a few boxes for $3.99/20rnds awhile back at the local Dick's Sporting Goods. The price was right but the performance was terrible. Very inconsistant from round to round. One guy pointed out that my spent cases were going all over the place; some forward, some to the right, some straight up into the roof of the pavillion. This tells me the action is coming back at unpredictable speeds due to however much powder they decided to put in each one. And dirty as hell. Good thing I like cleaning guns.

But worth the price. Dick's stopped carrying it. Now I wish I could get some more, you know, just to terrorize some tin cans.

the silver and golden bear ammo have always performed the best for me in all my ak actions. always much more consistent and cleaner than wolf.

i've still got a ton of the silver bear 308 from cheaper than dirt for $3.00 a box and i'm not gonna waste it too fast! it's great ammo in an ak platform. i have tried to fire the bear ammo in some american hunting rifles and had to strike the primers 2-3 times to get them to fire off due to the hard primers and the rifles having an under powered hammer spring.

for just informal plinking and target shooting i would just buy what ever is the cheapest. i used to be scared to death of corrosive ammo in a gas op gun but i'll be damned if i'm gonna pay these way over inflated ammo prices. best way to go is with surplus. i've recently been playing with 5.45x39 caliber and the corrosive bulgarian WASP surplus. looks just like barnaul/brown bear on the outside, but corrosive on the inside. but if you clean right then there is no issue, period. and at $119 + $12 for 1080 rounds, you can't go wrong! and the more i shoot it the more i love the little 5.45. it's my favorite of the ak calibers! just wish i could find similiar prices on x39 and 5.56

few little tips i've learned you might already know:

1: silver bear HPs fragment

2: wolf HPs no expansion performs like FMJ

3: silver bear not boattailed (no adverse affect on accuracy)

4: wolf boattailed

5: silver bear 142gr 308 bimetal SP expand better than remington corelokt 150gr at 50 yds. (wouldn't think bimetal jacket would expand that good but they do!)

good luck!