New Member/New .223 Owner

Hi, new member. Just got my Saiga .223 yesterday. Still getting over the initial shock that I paid less than $300 for this weapon brand new! I have a question about mag capacity. I was told that to use a 30rd mag would require a modification of the weapon itself. I saw on the forum today that there are now 30rd mags available for the .223 that are 922r compliant and require no modifications to the weapon itself. Is this legit? Can I buy one of these mags, slide her in-and not worry about my weapon not being in compliance with 922r?

Thanks,

Squeak

Unfortunately, no. You still need to replace one imported part with a US-made part. The easiest, though not necessarily cheapest, would probably be the handguard or stock. The cheapest would probably be the custom Fire Control Group (in the stock configuration, the standard AK FCG's won't work.) This requires a fair amount of tedium working inside the rifle. It's not hard, just tedious keeping all those pesky springs and pins and wires in line! :lolol:

You can get all these things from forum member BattleRifleG3. I have done so and was very pleased with the results!

Bill

Shoot, no worries now mate! Just got an email from RAAC. Saiga is now endorsing the new Surefire mags! Now you can get a 30rd mag for your Saiga that requires NO modification to the weapon and the mags are 922r compliant! That's freakin AWESOME! I'm buying a 15 and 30rd. Plus these new mags have a last round bolt lock feature built into the mag. How cool is that :)

Unfortunately, no. You still need to replace one imported part with a US-made part. The easiest, though not necessarily cheapest, would probably be the handguard or stock. The cheapest would probably be the custom Fire Control Group (in the stock configuration, the standard AK FCG's won't work.) This requires a fair amount of tedium working inside the rifle. It's not hard, just tedious keeping all those pesky springs and pins and wires in line! :lolol:

You can get all these things from forum member BattleRifleG3. I have done so and was very pleased with the results!

Bill