Skeleton Stock?

Is the Saiga Skeleton Stock made in the USA? I was told that adding the skeleton stock along with a new 30rd (922r compliant mag from Surefire), would still make the overall weapon itself 922r compliant. If the skeleton stock isn't made in the USA, would a Surefire mag in conjunction with this stock be in violation of 922r ????

Is the Saiga Skeleton Stock made in the USA? I was told that adding the skeleton stock along with a new 30rd (922r compliant mag from Surefire), would still make the overall weapon itself 922r compliant. If the skeleton stock isn't made in the USA, would a Surefire mag in conjunction with this stock be in violation of 922r ????

That doesn't sound right. The skeleton stock is Russian made, and even with the Surefire mags I'd think you need to replace one more part on the rifle to comply with 922r. So you can't just slap a Surefire in the thing and be compliant.

You are shy just one more part if you use the hi cap mags. The Russian stocks don't count. New stocks are easy to change out. Next to that you can try the piston (1 part), or the FCG (2 or 3). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Happy Turkey Day!

• 3 weeks later...
You are shy just one more part if you use the hi cap mags. The Russian stocks don't count. New stocks are easy to change out. Next to that you can try the piston (1 part), or the FCG (2 or 3). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Happy Turkey Day!

If you install the Russian Saiga Skeleton Stock (2 foriegn 'Parts' per ATF - PG AND Butstock, albeit in one piece) Then you add an ALL US 30 rd Mag. - You Are NOT 922r Compliant. You Now have 15 'countable parts' to start and you've replaced 3 w/ US (mag) - then you still need 2 US to get to 10 foriegn parts to be 922r compliant (FEDERAL Law Only - ck Kali and Ny it won't work there - shitty state laws...)

I like to add the Ace Folding/PG (2 US) and a US 30 rd. mag (3 US) then I'm Over by 1 Part, I'm down to 9 Imported

parts.

Detail: 1) You Started w/ a stock Saiga w/ MOnte Carlo Stock = 14 'Countable Parts - ALL Foriegn)

2) You Added a Russian Skeleton Stock = 2 Foriegn Parts, but the butstock portion just replaces the orig.

monte carlo stock - you just ADDED a PG foriegn part, per ATF. So One New Foriegn 'Part' = 15

3) Now You need at LEAST 5 US Parts. - I Choose (for ease) 1- ACE PG/Folder (2 US parts), 2- USA mag (3 US

parts. (just Don't Ever put in a Foriegn Mag. ... or EVEN Have ONE NEAR The Rifle!)

post-7063-1196998708_thumb.jpg

Edited by BullShark012

DLT, You would be correct IF he was using a st. Monte Carlo Stock, he would need Just 1 more 'Part' to get to 10 imported parts (922r compliant to use 30 rd. mags). BUT, He's using a Skeleton Drag type Russian Stock - That's 2 Foriegn Parts per the ATF! (thumbhole stocks count as PG AND Butstock parts! - 2 Parts) So he needs to Add 2 More US parts along with the 3 US on the mag!