With only 3 options out of what i own?

Ruger P95 - Personal Defense

S-.223 - can take deer/small game and the enemy if needed

Rem 870 12 ga - Ditto!

If i could squeeze 1 more in - my ruger 10/22 for quiet-ish small game collection.

my marlin 22. I can and have taken food with it past 100 yards in yards, when starving. (read that again).

my s12 with buck and slug for defense work, against two legged and four legged mammals, if they figured where I was with my 22

one other rifle, at this point, excluding an a-bolt and including a vepr 308 I just picked up to hold and profit on, but looks like I will now permanently keep. just in case i need to bring the fight on, and not with a mind weapon, like a 22.

ammo -

2000 rounds of 22 AT LEAST. THIS IS THE FIRST GUN AND CALIBER I WOULD ALWAYS CHOOSE ABOVE ALL ELSE.

25 rounds of 12g, half and half between slugs and 15 pellet buck

200 rounds of other rifle, would be sure it was an american round, to resupply with easier.

edit: I would not take a pistol unless it was loaded with snake rounds and was a revlover, and I could not have all three of the above. I can substitue that with knife or rock. I have never been a big pistol fan, and it isnt from being in NY. I can do as much damage with my fist, and faster.....

Edited by Bvamp

Bvamp -- You were right about your new atavar. OUTSTANDING! I think that "Awesome" might also apply.

In answer to what three guns...

Pistol -- Astra Model 400 in 9mm Largo

Rifle -- M-91/41 Carcano bolt action in 6.5mm Carcano

Shotgun -- Saiga .410

These make absolutely *no* sense to most but they are what I have. BTW, I've had both the Astra 400 and the M-91/41 Carcano since 1966 so they sort of fit like an old hunting jacket. Also, the Carcano has a max effective range of 760 meters (about 800 yards) with 160 gr bullets and that's with their sorta weird sights. So, this list is based on what I have available rather than what might actually be more practical.

Edited by Aethelbert

1. Glock 20 10mm with TLR2

2. Remington 700 Police .308 Rifle with Leupold 56070 Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 Riflescope, Harris Bipod and Custom stock

3. DSA Stainless Steel Para-Carbine .308. with EoTech and 40mW Green laser.

My three gun choice would be 3 long guns and a side arm:

M1 Winchester .30-06 Garand because it is the only one I can put in the #8 ring consistently at 100-150yds with open sights.

3 bandoliers of clipped FMJ ammunition .30-06

CAR-15 10 1/2" with 5 1/2" FH, laser and flashlight combo, 6x scope

4 30rd magazones clipped together in pairs and a sealed battle pack of FMJ

Saiga AKS-12 converted with BRG3 wood and dinzag AK-74 brake

2 10rd magazines, 2 8rd magazines, 50rds #8 shot, 50rds #2 shot, 50rds rifled slugs

FEG GKK .45 auto pistol

2 8rd magazines, 100 rds FMJ, 100rds Federal Hydra-shok hollow points

This is if I have to carry it all on my back. Obviously more if I get to use my grandson's Radio Flyer AT wagon and even more if I get to use my truck. :killer:

nyclu3

If the us was invaded tomorrow and your only choice was to head for the hills what 3 guns would you bring

7.62x39 and any pistol 9 or .45

Apart from that after a wile the invader will provide new weapons and ammo and other supplies.

Remember move light move quick.

Edited by vjor

I was not surprise but curious about the .22. I had a marlin tube feed .22 when I lived in Fannin County, Georgia. You could shot outside city limits. So every Friday I would buy a 500 round box of Federal or Remington from Walmart. Maybe a couple of CCI if I had the extra cash and wanted better accuracy. Make a long story short, I was the manager of a Cingular Wireless store. I took all the defective phones and display progaganda and hang it from trees and there would be a firefight like no other. Knowing that a .22 can shred a coleman proprane camping canister from 50yrds is this a weapon for just food for those of you that picked it? Why? I know that 15 hollow points coming at you in a couple seconds would probably be lethal at close range. As Vjor said move quick and light. Thanks for the input.

Happy Thanks Giving!

I never got the .22 thing either. Yes it's light, ammo is light, etc. But as I imagine a SHTF scenario, with everyone heading away from the cities into the "hills" can you imagine all the real hunters being joined by perhaps millions of guys with less than real skills heading out to collect game? It will be more dangerous than the city with everybody armed and freaking out. I'm going to ground. I have a food stash.

First of all I am not running away I am headed to the front to meet the enemy! My AR-15, my Saiga x39, my Beretta 92 FS! If I am headed to fight in a city or urban enviroment my Beretta 92, Beretta CX4, and S-12 of course.

I'm not headed for the hills I am headed to the meet and destroy the enemy! Who is with me?

Edited by topmaul

The .22lr is a fairly capable round if used properly. You can carry a heck of a lot of ammo for it and it's easier to make a field expedient suppressor for it than a large caliber weapon. A headshot with a .22 within 50yds will kill a man just as well as if you'd used a .308. If you have the skill and the equipment, you can push that even farther unless it's suppressed.

As for me, heading for the hills is not an option unless I knew for sure the rest of my family could keep up.

Besides, you shouldn't head for the hills because that's the high ground and everyone knows that high ground is always a key piece of terrain for occupying forces. If you're gonna evade, follow the low ground, keep quiet, and stay hidden.

Now if it was a zombie uprising we're talking totally different tactics....