What is the best buffer

I'm getting ready to order a buffer for my new saiga 12 and was wondering which buffer will be the most durable yet offer the most protection to the internals of the gun? Buffertech? BlackJack? Green? Black?...... Help me. I'm drowning in marketing mayhem ;-) Thanks for any info.

Tim

The best buffer is the one that is in the gun! As near as I can tell,they all work well. I bought blackjack in green and black, tried the green and never saw any reason to change. Works well and several hundred assorted rounds later there is no detectable wear on either the buffer or s-12 .

G O B

I've had my S12 a while now. I purchased 3 Blackjack buffers for it and the first one is just now starting to show one or two cracks around the edges. They work well and to let you know how long they last, When I got mine they came in red or blue colors (mine are red) and now it's green or black.

i bought the buffertech for mine....i had not heard of the blackjack buffers at the time and i've never used one so i can't offer an opinion on those but the buffertech after several thousands of rounds is still holding up fine....i'm sure either would be fine though....

the ones I got from blackjack Im pretty happy with. I have one in my SAR1, one in my saiga12, one in my ar15, and one in my 10/22, and they all seem to help at least a little bit with bolt snap, and seem to improve the cyclic rate of the two AK types. The one in the 10/22 is real nice, because it seems to have taken a noticeable amount of action noise out of the gun. all of them are green, except the 10/22 which is purple, and are holding up well under my abuse.

Thanks all for the input. I think I will order a couple of green BlackJack buffers today. Hopefully we'll see a bit of improvement in the weather here in Washington this weekend so I can get to blastin' this weekend. Thanks again for the help.

smitty

OK, ok, I'll go out in the rain. :cryss: Actually, I was raised on the Oregon coast. Plenty of rain there. Truth be known, if you didn't go out on a rainy day you didn't go out. I do hate the rust though. I'm pretty pumped up to try out this gun so I will be out on Saturday to blast a few old Christmas caroller plywood yard decorations. Probably won't have the buffers yet but I'm sure it won't hurt the Saiga any. Thanks for all the help and inspiration.

Smitty

smitty, honest? this gun love the rain. wipe it off when you get home and dont even bother to oil it if you are tired. make a buffer outta an old inner tube if you cant afford the ten bucks......

this gun wont rust majorly if you go out in the rain with it. just strip it and wipe it with an oiled cloth when you get home. I PROMISE it wont rust like crazy like your other guns........

if you cant shoot you gun in the rain, why have it? it should be in a case on the wall...........