a totally newb question

okay, I did some photos today featuring my Saiga .223

post-3-1196390726_thumb.jpg

And I noticed that with the grip the way it is it is REALLY awkward with that short skeleton stock. So I'm toying with the idea of getting the grip moved forward. How do I go about that? Do I have to declare anything at the post office? Any idea who does decent conversions? Price? Do I need to buy and ship a new stock and grip combination with the gun?

Probably been addressed before, but I wanted to show off a pic or 2.

post-3-1196390733_thumb.jpg

post-3-1196390741_thumb.jpg

post-3-1196390752_thumb.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long do you want to wait for the gun to be done?

others can and will recommend conversion guys, but as a "senior member" I am only prepared to reccomend Tromix.com

the man is truely one of the best.

the other guys can and will give you some direction, as well as answer your questions.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

if you want to try it yourself i just did one of my s 12s pretty easy conversion not as nice as tromix but looks good and gets the job done. Note if i wouldnt have to wait until 2009 to get my gun done i would have sent it to tromix for the 8" sbr but i dont like sending my babys away anyways

well, product placement or not- thanks XD

I've found tons of information on this site by just sitting back and searching previous posts. It seems by your pics that you you have a "thing" for SWAT/paramilitary stuff. Why not do a bit of research and try it yourself instead of dissing someone else's suggestion. For the price of your vest, you could probably do a conversion.

LOL. I wasn't dissing a suggestion, I was thanking him. And the pads come in handy when airsofting, BELIEVE ME.

I generally don't have the time to go digging around all the old posts, since my job (of which I use some of that gear for) has me on call quite often.

LOL. I wasn't dissing a suggestion, I was thanking him. And the pads come in handy when airsofting, BELIEVE ME.

I generally don't have the time to go digging around all the old posts, since my job (of which I use some of that gear for) has me on call quite often.

Pads when airsofting, Short sleeve shirt maybe pants, mask. Take it like a man feels good when those Echo 1s and KWAs come flying at you 350-400fps. No offense just picking lol :haha:http://airsoftindoorarena.com/Arena.html

Edited by Superhawk138

Number one, I had no tools and I did my conversion (After buying a dremel, some triangular files, a cold chisel, a hammer, and a set of punches).

All in all the tools that I should have owned but didn't and now do cost me about 50+7+14+10. Sooo about $85 for the tools i needed for the conversion. Add in the cost of the FCG, pgrip and stock (which i decided not to use) and you get 35+25+25 About 85 more dollars. So for 170 total and a couple of hours, I did my conversion. The next will be 115 dollars cheaper because I have the tools and stock, all i need is the Pgrip and FCG.

S-12 tromix- 1,000+

S-12 SNoobie- 570+time.

Sure the Tromix is high quality conversion but I don't have an extra 500 just to get the best of the best gun converted. If I had all that money I'd buy PSG-1's and SVD's and awesome rare shit like that.

What's with all the hate :ded: ?? He just wants to show us his stuff, it's perfectly understandable. Hell, I'll probably take/post some similar pictures once I get my 308 refinished (I'm thinking Duracoat Multicam or MARPAT, not sure which I like better).

As far as your question:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

if you want to try it yourself i just did one of my s 12s pretty easy conversion not as nice as tromix but looks good and gets the job done.

+1

All you need are a few tools and some common sense. I went into my conversion with next to no gun knowledge, much less AK experience, and it came out fine, as did I. It's well worth the time.

Acer

Hey guys give the dude a brake, he probably just trying to impress you guys.

I don't think he is loco or anything, well I hope not, just some role play

thats all, for the mases.

Hey big dude, the guys are just fucking with you a little bet no really any hate or anything.

Edited by vjor
I like how people made fun of a gun owner on a gun board. BECAUSE HE OWNS GUNS I BET HE'S GONNA KILL A BUNCH OF PEOPLE BECAUSE HE'S TOTALLY CRAZY, RIGHT?! OMG I WONDER IF HE BREAKS THE RECORD OF 37!!!?!?!?!@@#$%%!!

on a californian gun "enthusiast" website, no less.

whats an "enthusiast", anyway?? Im not an "enthusiast". My guns are to kill with, you know, things like someone trying to kill me or my neighbors, an enemy committing an act of war, a tastey animal, or the occasional snowman.

thats the REAL funny part.

(and I hope I get shit from people for saying it, too)

I cant really comment on the other forums. they arent "gun enthusiast" sites.

somebody is famous overnight.....

Edited by Bvamp