a totally newb question

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man...I'm ashamed....this place is turning into another barfcom:rolleyes:

PUKE! :ded:

Dude just wants to try and have some fun. Then he makes the mistake of posting some dressy pics on what used to be a helpful forum full of ENTHUSIASTS who could answer questions without making fun at others' expense. Some of that BS on the other forums posted reminds me of why I came here in the first place. Too many stuck up assholes in the gun community.

People who claim to hate "soap opera" type shit on gun forums even jump in head first. :rolleyes: Sure lets all have a big laugh at the new guy.

FWIW dude :ph34r:

There are lots of others out there who can do a conversion for you if you go thru the proper legal channels to get it done. Tromix is arguably the best but there are others like Red Jacket, for instance, who you can ship your gun to and get a very high quality job done. One thing a lot of people don't realize is, the bigger and busier a place "that does that kind of work" is, the less time they have to spend on an individual gun. The object is to make money. Not taking anything at all away from professional gunsmiths, but someone who doesn't have a backlog of weapons ten miles long, has the extra time to put into a weapon if you want some really custom stuff done to it.

Or like was also suggested, and used to be the norm here, before all the Tony worshiping started...you can do the conversion very easily yourself by following the many posted tutorials on the subject. It doesn't take any special tools and a Saiga conversion is far from rocket science.

Just PM me if you need any help man. I can walk you thru it just like I've done for many others here.

Geez...I'm still shaking my head at you guys who have nothing better to do than link back and forth between different gun forums laughing at others who are just trying to get started out in the world of military firearms, instead of trying to help. :rolleyes: Yeah he locked a x39 mag in a .223, so what. He was doing it for effect and got the the wrong effect. Instead of laughing at him maybe someone should try warning him not to try and shoot it that way. I wonder how many of you, and the laughing hyenas on the other forums, actually tried loading one up just to see if it would work~lol.

In his defense...I've seen him post a picture of himself in his POLICE uniform. I don't think anyone would pose in a picture like that, brandishing a weapon, unless that was their real uniform.

post-1293-1196390291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Thats one of the problems with the internet, If you post a picture or something and one person sees an opportunity to poke fun good or bad it is just going to explode into something it was never intended to be. Just look at the number of hits this is getting most all guest from other forums that have really been VERY negative towards him.

Edited by Superhawk138

Well before the armchair cops and soldiers jump in and start saying he's not a POLICE officer, but a security guard instead, y'all just think about what people in that line of work do. They ARE police. They are trusted to keep the peace just like any other LEO and are often called upon to defend the public, not just babysit properties while everyone else is asleep.

In fact we have a member here who just a couple weeks ago got banged a up a little while thwarting a bank robbery in progress.

Well before the armchair cops and soldiers jump in and start saying he's not a POLICE officer, but a security guard instead, y'all just think about what people in that line of work do. They ARE police. They are trusted to keep the peace just like any other LEO and are often called upon to defend the public, not just babysit properties while everyone else is asleep.

In fact we have a member here who just a couple weeks ago got banged a up a little while thwarting a bank robbery in progress.

I believe that was Dayan himself who posted about the a-hole at the bank. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19950&hl=

Edited by Superhawk138

I believe that was Dayan himself who posted about the a-hole at the bank. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19950&hl=

And everyone is riding him why? Seems someone I'd be proud to stand beside and call friend. You guys have issues with this? Sorry, I don't. I think I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Thats one of the problems with the internet, If you post a picture or something and one person sees an opportunity to poke fun good or bad it is just going to explode into something it was never intended to be. Just look at the number of hits this is getting most all guest from other forums that have really been VERY negative towards him.

Superhawk that is exactly what gets me steamed the most about this crap.

When I first came here over 4 years ago, this place was like a sanctuary from the kind of snobby bullshit that goes on on most other gun forums I had been to before this. There were not all these lurkers and high and mighty elitist types hanging around here looking for an excuse to troll someone's post. That's also exactly why I was so hard on those type of idiots back when I was a moderator here. I thought I could stomp enough of them out, before they ever got a good foothold, to where others would take notice and not try that crap here. Well that didn't work so well.

Our forum has grown faster and faster in the past two years or so and with that growth came a lot of undesired company IMO. I mean the type of people who will come here, use us for our knowledge, while not even contributing much or ANYTHING, and then run back and forth to barfcom and the like, to post links like this one, just for others' entertainment. :rolleyes:

That's fucking childish.

And I get accused of carrying on soap operas...lol.

Here ya'll...here's a funny picture just for you...

post-1293-1196395593_thumb.jpg

:eek: JEEEEZ I'm away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. Yeah I did it for fun, I've also changed companies within the last month. Their uniform is full black BDU bottoms and tops. The second pair of kneepads I wear as shinguards over my boots. Yeah I could go just get shinguards, but it would seem like a waste of protective equipment not to use what I got.

No I don't wear them or the PAGST setup while on duty, but when the school I'm posted at now was broken into over the holiday I did respond with my shotgun because of reports of shots fired there. (yes I'm SG qualified).

Well I do appreciate those that stood up for me in my absence. I just wonder why it was needed at all. Don't we all have nutty pics take of us once in a while? Does it matter I thought to use my second pair of kneepads as shinguards?

This more likely or not will be the last time I post any photos here. Besides the fact that I get lost in most of the in depth discussions of tinkering with a weapon's innards, I don't have quite the fancy collection some of you have. Nothing really worth posting anyway. Cheers

And to you wackjobs on AKforums, that's not even a real 7.62 mag. It's a metal airsoft copy I loaded to make sure there'd be no 'mishaps'. Maybe thats a little childish for all of you BUDS graduates, but I felt it a safer decision.

Edited by dayan inikhaton

Over at akforum they are still being inmature about it. but kind of sidetracked as well. with other pics and not just yours. I'm sorry Dayan that you are a victim of something like this. As far as collection goes dude you have a Saiga. Doesn't matter if converted or not awesome guns eitherway.

Edited by Superhawk138
:eek: JEEEEZ I'm away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. Yeah I did it for fun, I've also changed companies within the last month. Their uniform is full black BDU bottoms and tops. The second pair of kneepads I wear as shinguards over my boots.

No I don't wear them or the PAGST setup while on duty, but when the school I'm posted at now was broken into over the holiday I did respond with my shotgun because of reports of shots fired there. (yes I'm SG qualified).

Well I do appreciate those that stood up for me in my absence. I just wonder why it was needed at all. Don't we all have nutty pics take of us once in a while? Does it matter I thought to use my second pair of kneepads as shinguards?

This more likely or not will be the last time I post any photos here. Besides the fact that I get lost in most of the in depth discussions of tinkering with a weapon's innards, I don't have quite the fancy collection some of you have. Nothing really worth posting anyway. Cheers

Please don't say that. I enjoy your posts. Don't want to miss anything you have to say. I think, I hope, people are just misunderstanding. I've done that myself before. i don't care how you're serving. Be it a 'mall' guard or over in Iraq. You serve, you serve. Simple as that.

naw it's all good. If I can take what those students dish out, those guys are pinpricks. Probably in more than one way. "Are you from the internet"

Dude, I'd be honored to shoot with you ANY TIME! Glad you are one of ours!

:eek: JEEEEZ I'm away for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. Yeah I did it for fun, I've also changed companies within the last month. Their uniform is full black BDU bottoms and tops. The second pair of kneepads I wear as shinguards over my boots. Yeah I could go just get shinguards, but it would seem like a waste of protective equipment not to use what I got.

And to you wackjobs on AKforums, that's not even a real 7.62 mag. It's a metal airsoft copy I loaded to make sure there'd be no 'mishaps'. Maybe thats a little childish for all of you BUDS graduates, but I felt it a safer decision.

Why don't you go down to your local recruiter's office, sign up and join the real deal? See what's it's really like instead of posing and posturing. It never ceases to amaze me how enamorated with military and spec ops units some people seem to be, yet completely lack the testicles to even sign up for a walk-in-the-park two year tour in the Army. Guess it's easier and a lot less scary to just hang around army-navy surplus stores and jerk off to Cheaper Than Dirt mail-order catalogues than actually getting into the real thing.

And by the way, numbnuts, if you're gonna use one of my old schools in a disparaging manner, spell it annotate it right: It's BUD/s. Go try it out for yourself sometime.

whats an "enthusiast", anyway?? Im not an "enthusiast". My guns are to kill with, you know, things like someone trying to kill me or my neighbors, an enemy committing an act of war, a tastey animal, or the occasional snowman.

Talk about your armchair soldiers and cops. LOL! This place is rock chalk full of them. Son, you'd soil your britches if you ever had to pull the trigger on another human being--and deep down inside, underneath all your phony tough guy bad ass bullshit, you know it.

And you people wonder why you're the pathetic laughing stock of the legitimate and been-there-done-that gun, military and REAL police (not rentacop mall ninjas from the internet) communities?

LOL!

Bullfrog (retired)

bullfrog i know theres some bad ass guys in the military that would wreck my day. but i also know a lot of people that have been in the marines and the army and you know what. I can beat there fuckin asses i can out shoot them any day and when it comes to the physical condition i can run circles around them so just keep in mind while there are some bad asses in the military theres also a lot of little bitches. My point is just because your in the military or you were doesnt mean that some good old boy from out in the sticks wouldnt fuck your day up. I have nothing but respect for our military but i sure get sick of hearing some of the bullshit about if your not military your not shit. The majority of the people i know that went to the military were the ones sitting on the sidelines during the football games now they get some training and there head swells up the size of a water mellon they think theyre the shit but theyre still the same pussies they always were.

bullfrog i know theres some bad ass guys in the military that would wreck my day. but i also know a lot of people that have been in the marines and the army and you know what. I can beat there fuckin asses i can out shoot them any day and when it comes to the physical condition i can run circles around them so just keep in mind while there are some bad asses in the military theres also a lot of little bitches. My point is just because your in the military or you were doesnt mean that some good old boy from out in the sticks wouldnt fuck your day up. I have nothing but respect for our military but i sure get sick of hearing some of the bullshit about if your not military your not shit. The majority of the people i know that went to the military were the ones sitting on the sidelines during the football games now they get some training and there head swells up the size of a water mellon they think theyre the shit but theyre still the same pussies they always were.

I am not sure how to take that. This nation is involved in two wars, our forces are fighting every day, the enemy is getting smarter, and more dangerous. Most of the personnel in the military do not pull triggers, that does not make them pussies or sitting on the side lines do you think tanks fix themselves, or F-15s? Do you think supplies just show up? Logistics wins wars no I'm not in logistics.

I hope I took what you said wrong.

And that attitude- BF is exactly why I know you're full of BS.

I've been to position 4 twice in the past 2 years. No I didn't shoot, and No I didn't knock someone's head off from 800 yards away, but at least I know I have the stones to get the job done if I have to. I don't get to hide behind navy attournies or classifications either. I squeeze the trigger- I hire my own lawyer. I don't have to prove anything to you- I know what I'm about.

It must be nice to sit there on your vast stockpile of acomplishments and try to rub someone's nose in dirt. Then again for all I know you could just be rising from a pit of nothingness even more vast than your lack of civility. Either way, I don't care. Whether you're legit or not- attacking me for what i do for fun is pretty low. Lower than a vet would seemingly sink.

Edited by dayan inikhaton

Bullfrong = Internet toughguy.

toughguy1fn7.jpg

Here is something I've seen many MANY times.

The amount of shit a person talks about how tough and bad ass they are is inverse to the actual level of how tough and bad ass they are.

toughguy1fn7.jpg

The amount of shit a person talks about how tough and bad ass they are is inverse to the actual level of how tough and bad ass they are.

LOL. Your little internet tough guy poster describes almost everyone on this forum thread. I never said anything about my background or experience and you numbnuts wannabes immediately start putting words in my mouth and defending yourselves. That's the first mark of a coward.

But you're right. I'm probably just a sixteen year old high school girl sitting in a Catholic girls school for unwed mothers. LOL!

Actually, someone on the AK forum showed this to us. Always on the look-out for phony soldiers and posers. Looks like we hit the motherload here.

Bullfrog (retired)

toughguy1fn7.jpg

LOL. Your little internet tough guy poster describes almost everyone on this forum thread. I never said anything about my background or experience and you numbnuts wannabes immediately start putting words in my mouth and defending yourselves. That's the first mark of a coward.

But you're right. I'm probably just a sixteen year old high school girl sitting in a Catholic girls school for unwed mothers. LOL!

Actually, someone on the AK forum showed this to us. Always on the look-out for phony soldiers and posers. Looks like we hit the motherload here.

Bullfrog (retired)

People; don't feed the f#cking trolls!!!!!

Bullfrog (retired)

Not sure where you're coming from here. I have the highest respect for those that are serving and those that have served. But I don't begrudge anyone for trying to make an honest living. Seems like that's all this guy is trying to do. If you have inside information, please enlighten me.

topmaul in no way was i suggesting that all the people in our military were pussies i was saying that a lot of the ones who I personally know come home and try to act tough and the bottomline is these guys that i know are still the same person theyre not tough they just have a huge ego and it gets old as for what they do i respect them all of for what they do but what im saying is because your in the military it doesnt make you a bad ass

Bullfrog (retarted)

If I was going to claim to be anything, it certainly wouldn't be security. Civillian even. If I decided to lie my ass off I'd probably pretend to be..... a seal perhaps?

And if you're always on the lookout for phonies and posers- I feel sorry for your complete lack of a life.

Save the retaliatory retort- this is my last post on this, I won't give you anything else to fap to.