a totally newb question

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what do you say when the "gun antagonists/believers" stand behind the "gun enthusiasts"????

that is something i would LOVE an answer to.

do they have less of a right to shoot back?

someone clarfiy this for me. as a on-staff member, I would enjoy entertaining some abuse and bullshit.....ive taken enough over the years at my own fault, and now im not....

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU SAYING? you think this guy is some piece of crap for defending your kids at college?

LOL, give me a fucking break. NO loyalites.

hey, stay off my property ok?

Hmmm, those forum threads were pretty tame compared to those on GlockTalk. Celebrity status has certainly been achieved! :haha:

Personally, I've made too many mistakes in my life to laugh at other peoples so I'll go with "people suck" for 1000 Alex! :ded:

Well before the armchair cops and soldiers jump in and start saying he's not a POLICE officer, but a security guard instead, y'all just think about what people in that line of work do. They ARE police.

No, they are not. Don't believe me, check your state's statutes.

Very true. I have operated under 'cloak of authority' or deputies and HPD a few times, but its not a permanent status or anything, and its only basic stuff, like "search and cuff him" or "search the other side of the building", something of that nature. But someone that assaults security are treated with a felony instead of a misdemeanor, akin to assault of a public servant.

My primary function is to be a deterrant and nothing more. The absolute lack of training needed to even hold a commission is mind boggling. Thats why I've taken a few classes on my own and airsoft when I get a chance.

I'm just not one that can do the whole 'observe and report' thing under certain circumstances- like weirdos jumping bank tellers for instance.

Very true. I have operated under 'cloak of authority' or deputies and HPD a few times, but its not a permanent status or anything, and its only basic stuff, like "search and cuff him" or "search the other side of the building", something of that nature. But someone that assaults security are treated with a felony instead of a misdemeanor, akin to assault of a public servant.

My primary function is to be a deterrant and nothing more. The absolute lack of training needed to even hold a commission is mind boggling. Thats why I've taken a few classes on my own and airsoft when I get a chance.

I'm just not one that can do the whole 'observe and report' thing under certain circumstances- like weirdos jumping bank tellers for instance.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but you're cool in my book. :super:

Well before the armchair cops and soldiers jump in and start saying he's not a POLICE officer, but a security guard instead, y'all just think about what people in that line of work do. They ARE police.

I don't care what the statutes say. When you let your wife and kids go to the mall together for instance (if you have any...), and they have to mingle with all the street urchins that congregate there, it's not the official "police force" that are there keeping an eye on them for you while you are not there. It's not a guy with a permenant badge, a cruiser, and a shotgun in the front seat who is responsible for them staying safe while they walk around inside and then carry all those Christmas presents across the dark parking deck on the way back to the safety of their vehicle. It's the mall security police who are there for your family while you are unable to be there protecting them.

Same goes for bank guards and nowadays, school guards. If you have a badge on and carry a gun then you ARE a cop for all I'm concerned. If any of fulltime police officers here don't respect those guys just because they haven't completed all the training you have, then that's sad and another example of how people need to work harder to stay on the same team and not be such stuck up snobby assholes like a lot of those jerks cracking jokes on this and other forums.

Get a life y'all. Really. :rolleyes:

I don't care what the statutes say.

Wow, now there's a pro-law abiding attitude. lol

When you let your wife and kids go to the mall together for instance (if you have any...), and they have to mingle with all the street urchins that congregate there, it's not the official "police force" that are there keeping an eye on them for you while you are not there. It's not a guy with a permenant badge, a cruiser, and a shotgun in the front seat who is responsible for them staying safe while they walk around inside and then carry all those Christmas presents across the dark parking deck on the way back to the safety of their vehicle. It's the mall security police who are there for your family while you are unable to be there protecting them.

Hmmm. Most major shopping malls make sure that they have commissioned officers working security for a variety of reasons, one being insurance/liability issues and the second being prosecutorial considerations.

But thanks to your vast firsthand experience, you already knew that, right? (wink wink)

Same goes for bank guards and nowadays, school guards. If you have a badge on and carry a gun then you ARE a cop for all I'm concerned.

Well, hundreds of millions of us are glad that "as far as your concerned," you're wrong--they're not cops.

Problem is, too damned many of them think they are.

If any of fulltime police officers here don't respect those guys just because they haven't completed all the training you have, then that's sad and another example of how people need to work harder to stay on the same team and not be such stuck up snobby assholes like a lot of those jerks cracking jokes on this and other forums.

Get a life y'all. Really. :rolleyes:

And we might submit that if you don't want to be the crack of jokes, quit acting like that's exactly what you're after.

Oh, and also while you're at it, try dialing up a little reality. Go out and join the military. Go out and apply for a citizens' police academy. Sign up for state police ride-along opportunities. Go do a reserve or volunteer deputy training regiment with your local sheriff's office.

Nah, you won't do that. That's the real deal and it takes more than a closet full of clothes from Cheaper than Dirt or your local army/navy surplus store. It also takes fortitude, brains, determination and the ability to pry yourself away from your computer.

But, the opportunity's there boys. Almost every sheriff's department has a reserve deputy program. If you can pass the psychological profile, meet the physical requirements and get your state-licensed certification, you can wear a real badge and make real arrests.

Might just change your outlook. The real world tends to do that.

Bullfrog (re-tired)

Been reading this post. I guess I'll take a lot of crap over this but here it goes. It would appear to me that some people need to back off of this guy. So what if he is a security guard at a school. I guess if a real cop was assigned to do the job as his regular duty. That would make him a pussy since he isn't on the street taking care of real bad guys and writing tickets.

So this in fact must also make every correctional officer/jailer/security officer a pussy also? I don't think so.

Just because someone doesn't have a seals neptune or a ranger insignia doesn't make them less of a man. Now don't go jumping to conclusions here about me either. In fact I'll throw my little bit of experiance out there just so the big and tough can pick on it.

8 1/2 yrs as a navy corpsman assigned to the marine corps.

Have spent the last 8 years as a Correctional officer at a state prison.

Have been a certified police officer for the last 4 years.

A former reserve sheriff's deputy.

And also a member of the prison's CERT team.

Now I don't mean to come off as a badass or anything like that. But just because some does or doesn't have a certain qualification doesn't make them more or less of a man.

I'll jump off my soap box now and let the bashing begn.

Hmmm. Most major shopping malls make sure that they have commissioned officers working security for a variety of reasons, one being insurance/liability issues and the second being prosecutorial considerations.

But thanks to your vast firsthand experience, you already knew that, right? (wink wink)

Bullfrog (re-tired)

No in fact I didn't know that. Wow I actually learned something from a troll. Maybe it does pay to feed them sometimes?.........Naaaaaa..... starve bitch, I for one, am not feeding you any more. Go crawl back in your hole on that other board. If you want respect just for being whatever it is you retired from, you barfing up the wrong tree here.

police ride alongs aren't an option anymore- at least not here in Harris county. Way too many liability issues.

Frog does have a point with some guards trying to be cops. Far more of a problem are the ones with a complete lack of dedication- that show up with their uniform all thugged out and worn improperly, who just walk around on the cell phone all the time and show up to get paid- IF that. You mainly see that with noncoms though.

Edited by dayan inikhaton

As a fellow airsofter, I have to ask what exactly is wrong with dressing up in BDUs and tac gear to "show off" and feel cool? I never really got that sentiment. It is not demeaning or degrading to LEOs and Enlisted at all unless you act stupid while wearing the uniform. Personally, I use my tac stuff just as it was created for, and I DON'T wear ARMY name tapes on my ACUs like the rest of the guys I play with. I know I am not in the Army, and I don't try and represent myself as such(honestly I don't even have a problem with that, it's just personal preference.) But I don't get why people get all defensive and up in arms about you wearing black BDUs, a balaclava, a tac vest, and some pouches. What is it intrinsically about those items that says "I NEED TO BE A SWAT GUY SOOOO BAD!1!" ?

Alot of the bullcrap that was being spouted over on the calguns thread pissed me off, so I totally laid into them, and don't expect to be going back there. They're just bitter because California is such a Nazi state, and Saigas are hard to get there :)

BTW, I was looking at the mag you had in your Saiga, and I actually thought it was a Marui mag from the start, LOL.

the mags are HK Marui clones. ^_^ cost me almost about half as much as the Saiga.I used it purely as a safety measure since of course you cant load ammo into an airsoft magazine. It works so closely with the AK specs that the magazines themselves will fit perfectly.

as a former NYer, I never really cared for the "peace love and dunebuggies, but dont touch my stash or Ill kill you" mentality of ALL of california.

cool, far out, man....I want a saiga12....

guess what you self centered peace loving morons? THEY ARE ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA!

....that cracked me up when I saw that. what a bunch of assholes.

dayan should be given contributer's status just because of the amount of traffic he unwittingly has brought this site in the last few days, and THATS the reality of it.....

Edited by Bvamp

Wow, I just went through all the threads this generated. Props to Dayan for being able to take all the shit.

The internet is indeed a strange place, people who would normally be civil, become insolent, those who know a little, become experts, those who know all too well their own flaws, become quick to point out flaws of others.

Dayan is cool in my book.

as a former NYer, I never really cared for the "peace love and dunebuggies, but dont touch my stash or Ill kill you" mentality of ALL of california....you self centered peace loving morons....

lol...both Tony Rumore and myself were born and raised in California.

Well to tell the truth- Part of me doesn't give a shit- and the other part just did it for a chuckle anyway. My friend (the one that shot the pics) dressed up in his graduation gown and cap and put a bass guitar on his back and proceded to pose like the Liberian commandos do. Talk about silly stuff.

I don't need any kind of status change just because I ended up tickling the funnybones of a bunch of trolls. If I increased traffic- fine. But it wasn't exactly my intention. If you thank anyone, thank the guy that linked this thread to begin with XD

post-7657-1196654257_thumb.jpg