a totally newb question

Well before the armchair cops and soldiers jump in and start saying he's not a POLICE officer, but a security guard instead, y'all just think about what people in that line of work do. They ARE police.

No, they are not. Don't believe me, check your state's statutes.

I don't care what the statutes say. When you let your wife and kids go to the mall together for instance (if you have any...), and they have to mingle with all the street urchins that congregate there, it's not the official "police force" that are there keeping an eye on them for you while you are not there. It's not a guy with a permenant badge, a cruiser, and a shotgun in the front seat who is responsible for them staying safe while they walk around inside and then carry all those Christmas presents across the dark parking deck on the way back to the safety of their vehicle. It's the mall security police who are there for your family while you are unable to be there protecting them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/13/...in2466711.shtml

It is mall security that will call the real police when something happens. Sorry, I have dealt with way to many "private security operators" in my life. There are some good and well intentioned ones, as I am sure this gentleman is, but there are many more who are just plain wackos or slugs. There is nothing wrong with having a security job, but that is exactly what it is, a security job. Let's not pretend it is something it is not.

Edited by Twosons
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have knives & mixers like knives & mixers used by real chef's etc should you be laughed at and told to goto culinary school and then work as a chef if you want to have and use knives & mixers like that?

If you have a first aide kit much like the ones used by EMTs and Doctors should you be laughed at and told to goto med school and then work as a doctor or EMT if you want to have and use first aide kits like that?

If you have tools and wrenches used by real mechanics should you be laughed at and told to goto a tech school and then work as a mechanic if you want to have and use tools like that?

If you have a computer just like the ones used by the guys at your DMV should you be laughed at and told to go get a DMV job if you want to have and use a computer like that?

If you have books like the ones read and used in colleges around the country should you be laughed at and told to goto college if you want to have and use books like that?

If you have combs, shampoo, razors etc like your barber does should you be laughed at and told to goto a hairstylist school and then work as a barber if you want to have and use combs, shampoos, razors etc like that?

If you have a sports jersey just like the ones your favorite sports team uses should you be laughed at and told to go play professional or college level sports if you want to have and use a jersey like that?

If you have a bible/koran/talmud just like the ones used at your local church/temple/etc should you be laughed at and told to goto seminary and then work as a minister/rabbi/priest/etc if you want to have and use religious texts like that?

If you have the same flashlights and fire extinguishers your fire department has should you be laughed at and told to be a fireman to have and use fire extinguishers like that?

If you have knives & mixers like knives & mixers used by real chef's etc should you be laughed at and told to goto culinary school and then work as a chef if you want to have and use knives & mixers like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself posing with your knives & mixers in your little chef smock and goofy chef hat?

If you have a first aide kit much like the ones used by EMTs and Doctors should you be laughed at and told to goto med school and then work as a doctor or EMT if you want to have and use first aide kits like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself in those funny little EMT pants and an EMT shirt posing with your first aid kit?

If you have tools and wrenches used by real mechanics should you be laughed at and told to goto a tech school and then work as a mechanic if you want to have and use tools like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself in a polyester shirt with your name on it posing with your tools?

If you have a computer just like the ones used by the guys at your DMV should you be laughed at and told to go get a DMV job if you want to have and use a computer like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself with a pocket protector and a license plate posing by your PC?

If you have books like the ones read and used in colleges around the country should you be laughed at and told to goto college if you want to have and use books like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself looking like you just woke up with bed-head and a hangover posing with your books?

If you have combs, shampoo, razors etc like your barber does should you be laughed at and told to goto a hairstylist school and then work as a barber if you want to have and use combs, shampoos, razors etc like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself posing with your combs, shampoo, razors, etc, in a barber smock?

If you have a sports jersey just like the ones your favorite sports team uses should you be laughed at and told to go play professional or college level sports if you want to have and use a jersey like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself posing with that jersey and the implements of your favorite team?

If you have a bible/koran/talmud just like the ones used at your local church/temple/etc should you be laughed at and told to goto seminary and then work as a minister/rabbi/priest/etc if you want to have and use religious texts like that?

Do you take pictures of yourself in the garb worn by said leader?

If you have the same flashlights and fire extinguishers your fire department has should you be laughed at and told to be a fireman to have and use fire extinguishers like that?

Do you take pictures in your fireman get-up posing with said flashlights and fire extinguishers?

It is not in the tools, but the totality of the circumstances.

I'd like to make a comment on the totality of this particular circumstance...........

You don't have to be dressed in a penis suit to be a dick................

Haven't all you slammers got something better to do?????

Edited by Jeaux E
wow you guys comparing a school security guard to a sworn LEO....

thats funny $hit right there....

Guess it's all a matter of respect.

guy who undergoes a 24-26 week training for a job...must abide by strict rules, requirements, PT requirements, etc..and is a SWORN OFFICER

vs some random guy who has ZERO credentials and requirements/PT requirements and babysits kids at a HS with what...a 6 hr class required by state?

I took a pistol safety course for NYS for my CCL, doesnt make me some bad ass operator.... also got my Type 03 FFL...doesnt mean I am a full fledged 01 FFL dealer or SOT or somethin way above it.

Edited by Dieter122
You would think these morons would have something better to do than slam some guy they dont know. Maybe if you didnt spend so much time ripping on random people on the net you could take some time to reflect on your own worthless lives get fucked you assholes

I know one thing...theres a HUGE diff btwn a sworn LEO and a guy with a security guard license.

Dont tell me its the same, or even CLOSE to the same...cause its not....So don't claim otherwise.

i never said it was the same but who gives a shit what does it matter if the guy has tactical gear he never said he was a cop it doesnt matter if the guy wants to have the gear so what no skin off your ass find something better to do im not disagreeing w/ you its not law enforcement but again WHO cares this whole thing is stupid all because the guy has a vest and some gear. he has stated he is an avid airsoft player so why not have that stuff if it makes his life easier while playing i just dont see what everybodys giving him grief for

man, one reason i lurk here (saiga-12) is how laid back everyone is, not alot of asshole trolling around. sux to see this guy attract so much negative attention. at least he's taking it like a man. i'd have snapped by now and told the bastards how it is, but he's playing the cucumber

still funny though, gotta admit

hey bob, just noticed your response! you dont live in commiefornia any MORE now do ya? :)

All I know is this guy's thread has got to be the most viewed in the span of time its been up on this forum YET. I had figured he would have flipped his lid on someone at this point, and my hat is off to him for not doing exactly that.

I suppose bob.

but, I am no longer dealing with people literally introducing themselves like this - "Hi, nice to meet you, Im a jewish lawyer from lower manhatten". and life is better just because of that. much like you arent dealing with the people that ruined YOUR hometown area that introduce themselves as "hi, im gay, im going to kiss my boy/girl friend in front of you because we want to show you that its ok", although we had some of that where I lived starting to happen too.

I will never fly another flag than the american flag, even if I do buy an airboat and drive it down the street to the lake, or hang out on the beach in a speedo. So I guess I wont ever be a true floridian or southerner! :) Some things you just cant bring yourself to accept, you know?

Sure Ben, but I'll never be an Okie any more than you will become a Floridian.

Ok, Bob

Maybe not an Okie....but an Oki for sure.

(not many will get that.....)

Ok since this thread has been given such a high place on the totem pole... :rolleyes: maybe I'll offer these trouble makers a little more troll food... :haha:

If anyone is implying that I meant a security guard has the SAME qualifications and is the SAME as a real police officer, you need to go back beyond your high and mighty training...way back....can you remember that far back??? Yes I'm talking about grade school and reading comprehension skills, back before we needed armed guards to watch over our children at school...back when we took our fights outside and it was pretty common for kids to bring knives and chains and stuff to school and people didn't make the news by getting caught with a friggin leatherman tool or a fingernail file for Christ's sake. People went to school armed to protect themselves if they REALLY needed it but more often than not, fights were settled with a good old fashioned ass whoopin with people cheering along who would quickly jump in and stop shit if a blade came out or something. Hell nowadays the punks just take a gun in and waste the teacher and whoever else they want to take out with themselves. It's because of these assholes that our man Dayan here is a well respected officer who DOES serve an important role. And if he wants to dress up in his airsoft gear and take pics or pose brandishing his duty sidearm then that's just fine by me.

I wasn't implying he WAS a real police officer with all the same credentials, I was saying I treat these men and women who stand guard over our wives and children, whether in a bank, at the mall, or at school, when we are not there to do so, with just as much respect as I do any cop. That's MY OWN personal prerogative, and it's all about respect, something too many trolls who come around here have NONE of it seems...

Well you will get the same amount back that you give so keep it up. It's nice knowing who to avoid out there in internet gun forum land when one of you doofuses asks me, or some other informed person, a question about Saigas or AKs.

Well you will get the same amount back that you give so keep it up. It's nice knowing who to avoid out there in internet gun forum land when one of you doofuses asks me, or some other informed person, a question about Saigas or AKs.

Now, after pontificating about school yard antics, isn't that sort of a school yard kind of threat?

This thread really proves the old adage that opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink!!!

Cobra, I'm with you; in that if they are willing to put themselves between my loved ones and trouble, then they have my respect, regardless of whether they're a sworn LEO or not!

More troll food please!!!

This thread really proves the old adage that opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stink!!!

Cobra, I'm with you; in that if they are willing to put themselves between my loved ones and trouble, then they have my respect, regardless of whether they're a sworn LEO or not!

More troll food please!!!

Nooooooo! Don't feed them. Maybe they'll go away! Seems lately, they're coming out of the woodwork.

Now, after pontificating about school yard antics, isn't that sort of a school yard kind of threat?

Pontificating?... :lolol:

No that's a promise. ;)

I worked it in

top_2z.jpg

^- SWEEEET. I planned on dropping myself into a room full of zombies, but this works too. My avatar should tell everyone that I never meant to take any of this seriously. I think what they meant by comparing me to a cop is that I take the job seriously, and I'm not a simple wage occupied worker, but I do tend to actually care about keeping my post secure.

I supposed I could have flipped my lid in the past, but the way I see it- of all the crap I take in my real life- this is less than a drop in the bucket. So go ahead with the photoshopping, less work for me.

I supposed I could have flipped my lid in the past, but the way I see it- of all the crap I take in my real life- this is less than a drop in the bucket. So go ahead with the photoshopping, less work for me.

I'll give you credit, you do have a good sense of humor. That is not a bad thing at all.

Edited by Twosons