Will Saiga .308 handguard fit the 12 gauge models?

No, unless you find a way to modify one. I've tried, and have run into thickness issues. Haven't given up yet. I'm referring to the synthetic handguards.

Wooden ones probably have just enough material, but considering that you'd have to refinish part of it, it may be just as well to get a fresh US made one (shameless plug) and keep or sell the S-308 one unmodified. I'd say modifying the 308 handguard is the way to go if that's specifically the type of handguard you want, beyond the finer economics of it all, or if a roughly 6 month wait isn't acceptable.

Yes it will. I put this wood set from my .308 onto my S-12 safe queen. You will have to remove some material from the inside

walls of the forearm. It needs to be relieved for the barrel right around the chamber area, and also cut out to allow room for the gas block.

post-1293-1196261786_thumb.jpg

:smoke:

This gun handles like a dream now. A BIG improvement over the factory plastic furniture.

Yes it will. I put this wood set from my .308 onto my S-12 safe queen. You will have to remove some material from the inside

walls of the forearm. It needs to be relieved for the barrel right around the chamber area, and also cut out to allow room for the gas block.

This gun handles like a dream now. A BIG improvement over the factory plastic furniture.

Does the screw hole line up the same with your .308 handguard on the S 12 or did you have to drill open a new screw hole?

Does the screw hole line up the same with your .308 handguard on the S 12 or did you have to drill open a new screw hole?

Yes I had to drill and countersink a new hole for attachment. I left the sling loop in it's original location with a nut on the back (inside).

Are you using wood or plastic?