im not sure if any one has picked up on the fact that i like to shoot, slugs or not. but a few months back i purchased a slug mold (as i have access to large amounts of free lead) and was looking at reloading presses i found some manual ones that complete a shell each time the lever was pulled (doing all the reloading procedures one step at a time, but kind of like an assembly line). i was wondering; if i wanted to just leave out the shot step how would i go about loading the slug in. and/or is there an attachment for loading slugs?

also could a press for shotgun shells, be made to reload .308 ammo?

Progressive presses aren't the way to go for reloading slugs or buckshot, but they could work I guess. You'd just have to pull out the shells at the shot station and shove the slug in. It'd end up being the same as using a single-stage, but cost a lot more. I've also found them to not be as sturdy.

I believe when you load slugs, you just push them in on top of the wad and the crimp holds them in. If you roll crimp, you roll to the exact height required for slugs, and you use a drill press or hand drill to do so, not a press. So your press would only be for priming and powder dropping, and shoving in wads at that point.

If you were going to solely roll crimp and load slugs, your best bet would the cheapest possible press, a powder drop, a rollcrimp drill head, and a resizer if you were serious about reliable loading (I have one because of the whole mag-fed deal with the Saiga).

Presses for shotguns will not reload .308. They're made for indexing rimmed shotgun shells. .308 reloading involves much different processes: you have to size the cartridge, open the mouth of the catridge, index a bullet into the case, push it down, crimp it in. Shotgun reloading is just jamming stuff down a tube and then folding the top over it.