Talking saiga with Wally world employee - turned A-hole

with the 2 WW's within 11 miles of us in either direction, I can only purchase certain ammo, at the one closer into town, DON'T ask for pistol ammo after dark if you don't want the local Andy and Barney stopping you on the way out of the lot, the other one, they tend to freak out in the middle of the day when I go in and purchase 3-400 rounds of .45 230 grain fmj. The last time I did, the "young gentleman" behind the counter asked me, in a laughing way, what I needed with all the ammo, I told him that this is what's recommended to shot out of my Thompson. This kid screamed "OH MY GOD, YOU OWN A THOMPSON MACHINE GUN". I replied, NO I DON'T, I own a Thompson 1929 which is perfectly legal because it's semi auto, and it takes 50 rounds in the drum, needless to say, I was "watched like a hawk" while I left the store.

The 3rd WW from us is about 30 miles up the road, and they still sell guns, but considering where it's located, there would be a lot of hunters getting really pissed off if they stopped, because 99% of the guys deer hunt and bird hunt, and some just fricking HUNT.

So lately, I chosen to order most of my ammo on line and have it shipped to my shop, it's easier and doesn't upset ill informed "people", and on any given weekend, I will and can "waste" 4-500 rounds at the shooting range just "relaxing", or if the nephews and son in-laws come over here, THEY can waste more than that on a Saturday or Sunday.

In N.J. if you get caught with ANYTHING other that FMJ in a magazine, it's a PER BULLET fine, and it ain't cheap. So WW may be doing the people in N.J. a favor, but not the rest of us.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats bad is he wants to be a cop :eek::lolol: he'll never make it, you got to have a brain to be a cop. and smart enough not to tell a stranger your friend has a full auto :lolol: tomorrow he'll want to be a fireman :lolol:

That sounds like Kelsow from 'That 70s Show'.......

By the way, I feel for you, man. Every time I go to Wally-World for 9mm, the same long-haired douche behind the counter looks at the 100 rd. pack and asks: "Is this for a pistol?"

Once I even humored myself by replying that it was, in fact, for my AK-47.

Boy, that suspicious sidelong glance is enough to want to brick the bastard in the head with the ammo.

:chris:

RRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! Walmart : Hire for quantity, not for quality.

The Wally World here sells a lot of ammo. Right now there is a big display of rifle and shotgun ammo due to hunting season. The workers are always glad to sell you what you want and customer sevrice is good in the sporting good dept. I think they may be dropping some ammo types because the price is way too high. Some of the specialty ammo is priced too high for their consumers. The town is about 12,000 people with 25,000 in the county. People drive 40 miles to go to Wally world and the Home Depot we have. They are required to ask on some of the sales if its for a pistol, just store policy.

Edited by ironhead7544

CHA CHING! The sound of my two cents being deposited.

Wal Mart has the same problem as any other big box store of being understaffed. I just take the attitude the aggrivations are part of the cost of doing business with them. As much as I sympathize with the position Wal Mart empowers China at America workers expense and eliminates mom and pop shops I still shop on price. My money doesn't grow on trees. I ordered a Ruger Vaquero for 480 total (shipping + ffl fee) through gunbroker. My local gunshop wanted 540 and sales tax.

Waited just 10 minutes? I bought ammo at Wal Mart yesterday. Mine is in Roswell and has all the ammo locked up. It does not matter at what hour I go it is usually 15 to 30 minutes before someone shows up with a key to help. Usually by then my mood has degraded to civil surly. I really try hard not to take it out on the employee because it is the system that is screwed customer service wise. This time a real laid back pleasant black teenager helped me. I have never had an employee question me on what I want or why or whatever. I got some .380 auto, 38 special, 9 mm, 12 gauge bird shot. The only weird part is the kid let me pick out what I wanted but when I went to put it in my cart he said he had to hold it. I know I know it is weird but it is company policy because some kids snatched some ammo from a customers cart and there are security cameras watching me do my job. He was apologetic and I just commented all this is "amusing". He agreed and said good choice of word. Glad I wasn't really stocking up and piling it on him.

I have only been buying and shooting guns about a year. I never was anti but guns and gun issues were never a big part of my consciousness. Initially I felt weird buying ammo and other stuff almost like I was being naughty or something. Even then I wouldn't bother rationalizing anything I did to a clerk in a store. If they are nice like the kid I got served by easy chit chat but if they are stupid or annoying just enough interaction to get through my session with the dumb ass.

The OP had an interesting conversation with a teenager. I had a much better experience with a teenager. I usually loath dealing with them because they are so hit and miss with their attitudes. The worst are the ones who relish their "authority" and will tell you "it is company policy" over something inane. The kids at the YMCA are the worst especially in the swimming pool. I can be doing nothing but being a little loud and horseplaying with my boys and they try to shut me down. Another time some kid told me to move one foot because I wasn't exactly in line.

I bought my boy a rubber band gun at Dicks and the teenager at checkout made a comment like the next thing you know he will have a bb gun. I applied my usual I don't talk to idiots routine but my boy got animated informing him he had a bb gun and shoots real guns too and especially liked 9 mm pistols and how loud a 357 magnum is. Pretty funny.

something tells me the 'in store policy' is about to get more and more draconian

Nothing much "in-store-policy" about asking if a certain caliber is to be used in a rifle or a handgun. Years ago, the Feds required that question to be asked. Back then there was nothing even remotely anti-terrorist about it -- it was an anti-crime measure.

Edited by Aethelbert
I bought 500 rounds of .40 S&W today for 60 bucks. The associate just oozed "gun nut" himself, especially when he said- damn- that's ALL you're getting?

yes, but you are in TX....i'm in WI one of what...two states now that don't have Concealed carry......

this sucks....