Scope for SAIGA 7.62x39

I am looking for a scope for my SAIGA rifle. Will the top cover mount scopes work on my SAIGA rifle or will I need to use the side rail mount scopes? I am not wanting a lighted reticle, I will be using this for hunting.

Thanks

:killer:

Edited by JLS

I do not know what kind of magninfication you need...

I'd use the side rail instead of a top cover any way!!! It is a lot more stable!!!

As for myself, I just bought this sight... It has the wides viewing angle there is - 20 degrees ! Magninfication 3.5 - that is all i need for 3-gun matches...

You can find them around the net for about ~$125 without the light & $275 with the light... People on the picture - kalinka - want $339 :wacko: But, do look around their site - lots of nise looking pictures & info... :smoke:

po_3_5x21.jpg

• 2 months later...
www.kalinkaoptics.com has some awesome scopes. I have one myself and it is great. You see alot of the kalinka scopes elsewhere but usually they are marked up a good bit. I saw someone trying to sell a 4 x24 posp scope for 285 dollars! Rediculous. Anyway the scopes at kalinka optics are really nice scopes for the money. I am definaltly going to get another one.

Their web site is very informative! BUT, I have heard HORROR stories about the delivery times and condition in which the scopes were actually delivered from Kalinka... :(

I have a 3.5 Power scope that was factory matched to the rifle, B-WEST import. I also have an 8 power sniper scope(probably for the draganov) the retical seem to be right on to about 200M with the wolf 154 grain 7.62X39 ammo. Thes can be found in the shotgun news along with 4 and 6 power versions as well.

:smoke:

CZ-52,

I also have one of the B-west Saiga's that came with the factory 3.5x scope.

Did yours come with a black leather case and leather sling?

I have heard nothing but good feedback on these people.

http://www.akoptics.com/index.asp

I have ordered from these people twice with good results.

http://www.nightvisionweb.com/ak_svd_scopes.htm

As far as horror stories I also heard one story. I certainly cant vouch for these guys but my package came in about 10 days and was undamaged. My only complaint was that the instructions were in russian and I had to go to the website to learn a thing or two about the scope and how the mount works. The scope comes from a factory somewhere in the Gulag or something so I'm guessing they don't have the best of post offices.

• 3 weeks later...

the top one seems to be a good one. The side mount (quick release) is junk. After about 8 or 9 rounds it becomes loose and will almost fall off no matter how much you adjust it or how tight you get it. They do make a side mount that bolts to the attachment on the side of the receiver with three small screws from the bottom, I haven't tried that one yet but it should be a good one by design.

I ordered scope mounts from Kalinka this spring. It took a month to get two of them and the third took almost 3 months to get. All were mailed from Russia.

I have read several horror stories on the AK-47.net forums. Do a search on "Kalinkaoptics" in the Reviews forum and Optics forum.

Lock/load,

I have 6 Russian detachable scope mounts and all are 100% stable and stay put. I only had to adjust one of the mounts and that was when putting it on a Romanian SAR-2. I have one of the scope mounts that has the 3 allen screws on it to attach it to the rail. Being made of aluminum it bends when you tighten it up on the rail. It is a real bitch to get off or back on. I had to use a hammer to knock if off and would have had to use a hammer to get it back on but didn't attempt it. I just put on a Russian mount instead.

So if you want one that has been on a rifle once and taken off I will let you have it at a real good price.

• 6 months later...

Yes that setup will work. For the same price the pso-4X24 look pretty cool, AND you can get them most anywhere (for the shipping concerns). Althought that one looks pretty cool and compact.

I personally wouldn't go much more than X4!

I don't know your application - but I absolutly love the red dot.

I don't know if this helps, but regular X4 at sportsman'sguide.com can go as cheap as $25 bucks, and then a scope mounts (SIDE MOUNT ONLY) cost around $40. Careful which one you buy, or be ready to do some metal work!

if you're stuck on the russian this site is awesome.......http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bst.html.

just E-mail them for a price list!

hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
The side mount (quick release) is junk. After about 8 or 9 rounds it becomes loose and will almost fall off no matter how much you adjust it or how tight you get it.

They make 3 different side rail mounts for the russian rifles. the mount on the pictured scope at top of thread will fit ak's and saiga's. The Druganov is different and the tigre is the last type( you won't see this in the US.) You got the wrong mount for your gun lock/load.

I have a Saiga 308. It has the same side rail as most AKs and all Saiga's. I bought a 4-8x42 illuminated scope from Belarus

belarus.nightvision

I paid $148 for the scope and got 3 different colored lamps for the scope for $4 apiece. The price included shipping to the states. It took about ten days.

Contact them and ask for any russian scope because this variable power scope wasn't even on thier website, but they have alot of stuff they dont list.

ps after zeroing my scope I hit a 12"x20" target at 500yards with the first shot using the second chevron from the top.YEA!

Edited by gunslinger308
  • 2 weeks later...