Today I Stole a Saiga S-12

I'm too excited about the deal I got on a saiga that I just had to come on here and tell everyone. I was at the Sooner gun show in Tulsa today, and I noticed a guy walking around with an odd looking saiga. It's got the longer barrel, no choke and no threading, and a synthetic stock with a brown/tan camo job which looks to be from the factory. The gun had 15 rounds through it and included 3 5rd mags. I asked him if it was for sale, and he said only if I was a serious buyer. So I asked his price, and he tells me $325. I offer $300 cash, and he agrees. I also traded my CETME for a 16.3" Saiga 308 and $70 bucks. It was a good day.

Nice work, I went to the Indy 1500 gun show a couple weeks ago and there were people there wearing signs "WTB Saiga 12s" there were just none to be had. When the next shipment hits the market I am thinking of picking up a couple more. These things are just too much fun for words.

-Brian

I'm too excited about the deal I got on a saiga that I just had to come on here and tell everyone. I was at the Sooner gun show in Tulsa today, and I noticed a guy walking around with an odd looking saiga. It's got the longer barrel, no choke and no threading, and a synthetic stock with a brown/tan camo job which looks to be from the factory. The gun had 15 rounds through it and included 3 5rd mags. I asked him if it was for sale, and he said only if I was a serious buyer. So I asked his price, and he tells me $325. I offer $300 cash, and he agrees. I also traded my CETME for a 16.3" Saiga 308 and $70 bucks. It was a good day.

Wow - parting with a CETME must have been tough. I put those on a fair pedestal in 308 as I do a Saiga 12 for a shotgun. Please let us know if the Saiga 308 shoots as well as the CETME. I'd be interested. I'd also only trade either of those for a SOCOM. There is nothing quite as sensory inspiring as firing a high test 308 round out of a 16inch barrel. Sorta like shooting Lake City out of my PLR-16.

Ha thats funny, it really is a small world. I am not sure what the CTMEs are running now but I saw a few Saiga 308s at a show today right in the $400-$450 range. One of them had all wood furniture on it which I have never seen and the dealer claimed they were new to the market. I am not sure if thats true as I am still pretty much a newbie to Saigas but it looked pretty nice.

Again, enjoy the new toys

-Brian

okent, i think it was me you saw at the show. the cetme refinished the wood and i was carrying around an assault rifle case on my back. were you one of the guys who asked me about it?

Yep, I was one of them. Good looking gun, just couldn't swing it. I had to finish out my Christmas shopping for everyone else!

Good score on the Saiga.

ZAKMATTHEWS:

Did your CETME have refinished wood?

I think I looked at it! If it was you I didn't see you after I looked at the gun.

That was a real score on the Saiga 12.

My brother was the guy in Indy with the sign!!!

Small world.

Yep it's a small world.. I'm the guy that was With the guy that had the Saiga 12 Wanted Sign on his back at the Indy Show.. lol

Vit is right, its up for sale now, complete with pictures. I'm a business man, I buy and sell things, so I figured this could be a win-win for me and the buyer. Eventually its gonna go on gunbroker if I don't get any takers here.

I thought that the price was a little high when I saw the for sale post, but a gentleman wouldn't be critical of another's pricing. A SMART gentleman also wouldn't brag about stealing the gun (especially when it is such a "small world"). Thanks for looking out for your 'Brothers and Sisters" here first, by only trying to make 100% profit plus shipping! Good luck with your sale!

I hope no one is hatin' on me. I explained the sale fully, so if anyone decides to buy, they'll know what they're getting. Besides, honesty is a good thing, and I'll still make a buck regardless of what it sells for.

Edited by zakmatthews

I wish someone in my area would be selling an S-12 for that price. I've been wanting to get one for about five years. I regret not buying an S-20s at Dunham's when they carried the Saigas from EAA.

I reserved an S-12 at the local gun shop that has them on order. They were supposed to come in about this time but probably won't arrive until February.

Edited by uzitiger