• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Any chance of a WTB list being started?"

:eek:

Hahahaha ..... not just no, but HELL no...lol. I'm not about to take away from time I need to be working so that I can go through the kind of stuff Mike D is having to go through now, and has been going through for some time. I will keep y'all updated when it is actually ready to get made in bulk and it won't be until at least that time before I start some kind of list or start taking orders on a website.

Sorry but that's the best I can think of right now.

I'll be able to help him some with it. But remember guys, more time he spends on here answering technical questions about an unfinished product, less time he has to actually finish it. :rolleyes:

I've been getting a lot of PMs (that's with a SMALL "s") about a waiting list. Please allow me to clarify here. I'm pretty sure I said it before already but here it is.

First of all, the kind of parts we are talking bout here are small, relatively simple steel parts that will all be identical and nothing at all like something that has to be injection molded (like mags and drums). Once the design is finalized and all the variables are worked out, as far as type of material will be best and all that, I will send it off to a manufacturer and have them mass produced. I'm planning to make more kits on the first PRODUCTION run than all of you and your friends combined will ever need. There is really no need to start a list of "I'll take one"s. The first person who orders will have exactly the same chance of getting one (or multiples) as the last person who orders. There is no need at all for a waiting list. All that will do is get a bunch of people standing in line and growing impatient. I don't want anything to do with that. That's what I meant above, I wasn't trying to sound like a butthole. Anyone can look at all the HUGE threads about Mike's drum, and all that is going on there, and see what I'm talking about.

When it's ready, and it works perfectly with the new products coming out from MD Arms, (right now what's being worked on is the Bolt Release) then I will have a few prototypes made by the manufacturer. They will be thoroughly tested to be sure there are no problems. I already have testers in mind and have communicated with some of them. By that time, the vast majority of the work on the actual pieces will be done. If all goes well like I expect it will (that's why I'm taking so much time pretesting) then all it will take is to say the word and there will be enough of them made to go around. At that time I plan to post an ad on this website and a few others. Then I will have no rest at all probably....lol.

Of course you guys here will be the very first to know and will be taken care of first. I will be here from then on to answer any questions about the device or it's installation. I'm striving to make it as easy as possible for the average gun owner / tinkerer to be able to install his or or self. If you can take the FCG and internals out of your Saiga (including the BHO), and put it all back in, and if you can disassemble and reassemble a mag, then you should have no problem whatsoever with this install.

• 3 weeks later...
I am absolutely in for one...my 1st post too!!!

:Johnboy:

Welcome Pete. How's Kelly and the Menagerie?

I'm sure you and I are in the same boat checking the mailbox daily waiting on a MDArms drum.

• 3 months later...

I am also on the waiting list for MD20's. So i do not know if i want a mag well yet. No mods to anything sounds to good to be true id love it if i did not have to rework any mags for it to work but i already have a big stock of 5rd from Izhmash,10rd AGP's and soon 2 MD20's....i hope. I think a working LRBHO will make it easy enough to insert a mag i will not need a mag well.....i hope, looking forward to an AK based Freedom system in mags in Saiga's too.

Cobra! working on a year now since my last post in this topic.

Not meaning to rush, not wanting to beg; but I gotta know what year it'll be when I stuff this item into my own christmas stocking.

I hate henpecking folks, but,

Anything to report on this project?

I'm still hoping it will happen this year and "christmas stocking stuffer" may not be too far off... :smoke:

My God do I hope so. I have been practicing mag swaps while manually locking tee bolt to the rear. It works, but it is hardly reliable or intuitive.

Who knows? Maybe by Christmas '09 a whole line of them will be out for the rifles, too...

• 4 weeks later...
The looooong awaited list is coming guys...honestly. If y'all can just wait a liiiiittle longer....

Santa Clause is comin..... :angel:

will you make a website?

If I don't make my own website it will be advertised on this one and others.

Cobra, just wondering if you could take a pic of the one you have already going on your existing chotty, just as a teaser, and to get an idea of what it looks like. :smoke:

Sure bro no problem...

post-1293-1222388456_thumb.jpg

:smoke: