Prayer requests: My best friend was very badly burnt..

She was the critically burned victim in the Friday night fire at an apartment building in Bethesda, MD on Friday 11/30. She has third degree burns over a lot of her body, and I can't stop freaking out about it. She's in the ICU so I can't even get in to see her.

I am not religious, and neither is she, but I don't know what else I can do for her...

I'm a fucking mess right now....

Edited by headshot

Wow, I'm truly sad to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with her, her family and you. As far as not knowing what to do, just do the same you are asking of us. I wouldn't consider myself religious either, but when it comes to things like this, prayers and thought can do nothing but help, I think. Keep your head up, and keep us posted.

Dude, you don't need to be religous, or a perfect man for God to hear your prayers.

God hears your prayers just as loud as Billy Graham's or anybody else.

I am praying for her, her family, friends and you.

I'll keep praying for her every day as well.

We are here for you bro!

She was the critically burned victim in the Friday night fire at the Promenade apartment building in Bethesda, MD on Friday 12/1. She has third degree burns over a lot of her body, and I can't stop freaking out about it. She's in the ICU so I can't even get in to see her.

I am not religious, and neither is she, but I don't know what else I can do for her...

You do right what you did here. Get people to pray. Seems it did 1911 alot of good. Just ask him. And you got it. I'll pass the request along. You're in there too.

Wow man I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope she will be ok and that you will be able to get some rest and visit her when she's ready for visitors. She will need her best friend. Y'all are in my prayers too. I'm not a church goer but I do believe in the power of positive thought. Take care bro and keep us posted.

The worst part about burn victims is the time before you can be around them. The risk of infection is VERY high.

Stay stong and stay by her side. A bad burn victim needs someone that will be there with them and say "everything is going to be fine" even if you know otherwise. Support from close friends in a situation like this one of the single most important things you can give her. Always let her know you are there for her and be strong.

My prayers go out to her.

Dude, you don't need to be religous, or a perfect man for God to hear your prayers.

God hears your prayers just as loud as Billy Graham's or anybody else.

I am praying for her, her family, friends and you.

I'll keep praying for her every day as well.

We are here for you bro!

Well put Juggs!

headshot, my prayers are with you and your best friend.

John

Our thoughts are with you and her.

Be strong - she's going to need the support (in many ways) of friends and family for quite a while.

My wife's uncle was badly burnt about 18 years ago, it was a long process but he made it back, has a great job and family these days.

Hang in there.

She was the critically burned victim in the Friday night fire at the Promenade apartment building in Bethesda, MD on Friday 12/1. She has third degree burns over a lot of her body, and I can't stop freaking out about it. She's in the ICU so I can't even get in to see her.

headshot,

You have just done the most important thing that you can do and this is to get people praying for her. Never underestimate the power of prayer. I have seen miracles as the result of prayer.

God didn't cause the fire but he uses times like these as to reach and teach us.

My friend you are more religious than you think. You may not think so, but just by your asking for prayers and saying you don't know what else you can do, you have stated your 'religious-ness" (not a real word but makes the point).

I will gladly pray for both of you.

louielouie (I try to be religious)

Thanks everyone.

She is still unconscious and on a respirator. Looks like her brother is blocking my attempts to contact their mother, so I won't be able to see her until she is conscious enough to allow visitors. :angry:

Thanks everyone.

She is still unconscious and on a respirator. Looks like her brother is blocking my attempts to contact their mother, so I won't be able to see her until she is conscious enough to allow visitors. :angry:

What in the world? Why would he do that?

Thanks everyone.

What in the world? Why would he do that?

At one point, I was his Boss. I had to fire him at the request of my director because he was extremely rude to her. I told him it was out of my hands and I didn't have a choice.

A few years later I started dating his sister, and we developed a very good friendship out of it. He obviously took all this in the wrong way, even though I'm probably the nicest and respectful guy he has ever known.

They were splitting the mortgage on their dad's large condo, and he ended up moving out because he developed a real hate for me. He blames me because he wasn't there to save his sister.

I have already tried to reason with him, but since he is bipolar, reason ain't reasonable.

At one point, I was his Boss. I had to fire him at the request of my director because he was extremely rude to her. I told him it was out of my hands and I didn't have a choice.

A few years later I started dating his sister, and we developed a very good friendship out of it. He obviously took all this in the wrong way, even though I'm probably the nicest and respectful guy he has ever known.

They were splitting the mortgage on their dad's large condo, and he ended up moving out because he developed a real hate for me. He blames me because he wasn't there to save his sister.

I have already tried to reason with him, but since he is bipolar, reason ain't reasonable.

Man, I am so sorry. I guess I can see his point since I know a few bipolar people. He probably thinks he's doing the right thing. It's a shame he can't see that this is the worst thing he can do for his sister. I wish you the best of luck. I'll keep up the prays for you and yours.

Man, I am so sorry. I guess I can see his point since I know a few bipolar people. He probably thinks he's doing the right thing. It's a shame he can't see that this is the worst thing he can do for his sister. I wish you the best of luck. I'll keep up the prays for you and yours.

Thank you so much!

My prayers are with you. It is going to be tough for her but it's possible to survive. If she is in a chemically induced coma keep talking to her. I was in a coma for almost 50 days with 3rd degree full thickness burns over 75 percent of my body. I could hear what people were saying and it was comforting to know that someone was there. I must say being burned was a undescribeable nightmare. God Bless You and Good Luck

edit: IMO, The Power of Prayer is essential in surviving bad burns.

Edited by NO1B4M3

Prayer works. It also strengthens your faith. I don't ask Him for much. Mainly, I thank Him for what He's given me. I wouldn't be here if He wasn't watching over me.

Like I said before, NOTHING is more important than

Family

God

Country

Edited by patriot