C-more mags for S-12?

Is anybody here familiar with the C-more XM-26?

It uses what look like Saiga 12 mags. Here are a couple of pictures of one with S-12 mag in it.

SoldierTech_XM26-1.jpg

200511010959456ef3e.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh28-e.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys.../ground/m26.htm

It is interesting to see a US company working on a military contract using a Russian design for the mag.

I got to handle the the XM-26 at last year's SHOT Show. The C-More rep told me that the original prototype XM-26 used Saiga -12 mags. They then made their own mag. I'd bet my ass that they just copied the Saiga mag verbatim. If I make it to SHOT in February, I'll try to get some pics of the mag, magwell, and the follower.

That would be cool to see. I wonder if they have a LRBHO or a better way to load on a closed bolt. Looks like a left side folding charging handle, and maybe that thing on the muzzle is just a cover? It looks to me like it slides over the barrel.

The muzzle thingy is a spring loaded stand off device. Upon twisting, it extends out to provide the nessessary distance needed with breaching rounds. Also, it is NOT a Semi-auto. It's a side handled pump action, so there is no LRBHO. And I would bet that the easiest way to load it is to rack the action open, then load a mag.

Edited by sousa
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought using a magazine for a hand hold was a MAJOR no no. I saw a thread on one of the other AK boards where the fellow had designed a rubber grip to go over a magazine and he got chastised that it was a dumb idea and a good way to lose a hand. Also had pics of Iraqi recruits holding the magazine as a foregrip. Any merit or just more stuff to worry about you shouldn't really worry about?

That would be cool to see. I wonder if they have a LRBHO or a better way to load on a closed bolt. Looks like a left side folding charging handle, and maybe that thing on the muzzle is just a cover? It looks to me like it slides over the barrel.

As I recall, it is a pump gun.

I thought using a magazine for a hand hold was a MAJOR no no. I saw a thread on one of the other AK boards where the fellow had designed a rubber grip to go over a magazine and he got chastised that it was a dumb idea and a good way to lose a hand. Also had pics of Iraqi recruits holding the magazine as a foregrip. Any merit or just more stuff to worry about you shouldn't really worry about?

My buddy who is with the National Guard does that too...I think they are too used to having that magwell up there to hold onto. He did it with my S-12....I thought I was going to witness a mag failure :cryss:

My buddy who is with the National Guard does that too...I think they are too used to having that magwell up there to hold onto. He did it with my S-12....I thought I was going to witness a mag failure :cryss:

I don't know what would be wrong with using it as a VFG. I used to do it in competitions untill I changed my reload style. It's not ideal (best just to put a vfg on a shotgun) as it's so close to you. But if you have your hand on the mag with a thumb on the release, you save steps/time on your reloads....

There may be tactical reasons, but as far a jamming up the gun it never gave me problems.

As for the cmore, there's not much better place to put a real vfg. In fact, there's not much real estate for your hand anywhere ...

Edited by kmoore
  • 5 months later...
I saw that in action on a Jet Lee movie once.I think it was called "The One" or something.....I'd rather have a M203 under an AR for battle.

There is a neat little 40mm to 12ga adapter thats drop in on the 203.

FYI the m203 is lighter.

Yeah, but you're not going to breach a door with an M203. Not standing next to it, anyway. That shotgun is for breaching, that's all. The M203 is for killing people and breaking things.

I wish I could bring my AK-12 with a couple MD drums with me to Bagdad later this year.

Salvs the problem of battle effective breacher without all the ungainly gear.

• 3 months later...