Where to get pistol grip nut and screw?

actually hardware store is where i got mine.. i posted some pics on side fold conversion we did along with tapco grip using store bought screw/bolt and nylon locking nut.. you could search the site here as i had posted them somewhere here in the lst year or two..well hell let me see ifi still got picsyep now this is the tapco grip.. but this may work for others.

post-709-1196807716.jpg

post-709-1196807745.jpg

post-709-1196807755.jpg

post-709-1196807799.jpg

Figure out where you're getting the rest of your conversion stuff and try to order one from one of those sources. Even a great place like DPH gets you on the shipping ($6 for the screw/nut, $9.73 for the shipping!)

If someone was enterprising enough, they'd put together a conversion package that contained the most common parts -- but all of them, not just half like most places seem to stock. I've been trying to convince JSE Surplus that they ought to carry more of the common parts - hopefully someone will start to make it a little more cost efficient!

Jim

Edited by Navy87Guy
Even a great place like DPH rapes you on the shipping ($6 for the screw/nut, $9.73 for the shipping!)

You are going to find that anywhere. If you only want one little part that can't really go metered mail, it's gonna cost you. That's one good reason to go to gunshows. The USPS just went up on small packages and made the larger ones a little more reasonable from what I understand.

I support DPH because Scott is an awesome guy and it's a small family business, as well as local to me. In fact when I saw him at the show in Raleigh a couple weeks ago, we talked about this exact subject, needing a place the average person can get everything they need to do an AK or Saiga conversion. He pretty much has that covered, as well as having whole kits and receivers for sale. He sells all Tapco's stuff and some other imported furniture and custom made brakes and hiders from right here in Charlotte.

There's also Blackjack, who has most of what the average person would want on a conversion, including Ace's full line of stocks and accessories.

Edited by Cobra 76 two
Even a great place like DPH rapes you on the shipping ($6 for the screw/nut, $9.73 for the shipping!)

You are going to find that anywhere. If you only want one little part that can't really go metered mail, it's gonna cost you. That's one good reason to go to gunshows. The USPS just went up on small packages and made the larger ones a little more reasonable from what I understand.

I support DPH because Scott is an awesome guy and it's a small family business, as well as local to me. In fact when I saw him at the show in Raleigh a couple weeks ago, we talked about this exact subject, needing a place the average person can get everything they need to do an AK or Saiga conversion. He pretty much has that covered, as well as having whole kits and receivers for sale. He sells all Tapco's stuff and some other imported furniture and custom made brakes and hiders from right here in Charlotte.

There's also Blackjack, who has most of what the average person would want on a conversion, including Ace's full line of stocks and accessories.

I realize that for most larger outfits, it's pretty hard to have a wide range of shipping options (USPS for one thing, UPS for another). It just hurts when shipping on a 2 ounce part is $10! I didn't mean to impugn Scott or any other honest dealer -- I guess use of the word "rape" was a little over the top (and I fixed it!) :unsure:

Jim

Figure out where you're getting the rest of your conversion stuff and try to order one from one of those sources. Even a great place like DPH gets you on the shipping ($6 for the screw/nut, $9.73 for the shipping!)

If someone was enterprising enough, they'd put together a conversion package that contained the most common parts -- but all of them, not just half like most places seem to stock. I've been trying to convince JSE Surplus that they ought to carry more of the common parts - hopefully someone will start to make it a little more cost efficient!

Jim

Gunsmoke in Crawfordville Fl will have complete basic kits after the first of the year.

I used a carriage bolt. Total cost 32 cents. It's held up through ~400 rounds so far.

held up fine,, no movement.. use this on al my saiga's 2 bolt system.. and if you ook close ther are 4 small bolts tapped into sideds of receiver to strenthen buttstock.. hard to see in pics.