Questions about the Saiga 12.....

Once I was interested in the Saiga shotgun I scoured the web in-search of knowlege. This IS the best and about the ONLY place us Saiga lovers have.

THANKS Makc for making this place for us to gather and share our experiences. Can't wait till you get back from your trip and start showing us the goodies you came back with..... =)

I have tons of questions but most will have to be field tested once the project gun gets in the shop and into my own hands. ( Hopefully, this coming week ).

Once I started collecting info for the project I realized I have a wealth of knowledge right here at Saiga12.com that I was not even utilizing.

That would be you guys !

I welcome any answers but would be specifically interested in members that actually have seen or done what I am asking about.

If you have never seen it or done it BUT have heard about it or think something might work please chime in as well.

Here are my questions right now.

1) Has anyone switched out the Saiga gas piston for a US made one ? Is the Saiga12 gas piston like any of the AK gas pistons?

2) Can you remove the bottom of the mag to remove the spring and follower to allow you to clean without damaging the polymer mag body itself ?

3) For those that have done trigger conversions. What is the best US made Fire Control Group to use ?

Thats all for now.... I will update the questions once I get the project gun in =)

Thanks, LB

Thanks SaltPeter,

Another question...

What and where is the trigger housing on a Saiga?

I know on a SKS it is all one piece that can be removed. I was the thinking the trigger housing on a AK is like that of a AR. The Fire Control Components are just held in the receiver with pins....