When, When are they COMING!?

I hear ya bro! It's a case where we just have to wait the situation out.

This strikes me as being very similar to when I was looking for a Kel-Tec PLR-16. The buzz was out there that "Kel-Tec isn't producing enough to meet demand," "everyone is buying them because the ATF is going to ban them," "if you find one, you better buy it regardless of price," blah, blah, blah. I was patient, kept my eyes open, and finally found one well below the going prices. I don't see this situation as being much different.

Stay vigilant and we'll both be proud owners in the near future, and I might add without paying $600 or more. To me, the wait is the price you pay for having an extra $150 or so to spend on a conversion, ammo, or other things you want to customize it.

if you have that itch then try a gun show they usally have at least 2 s-12s

I've seen at least a few in the last several shows I've been at in FL over the last few months, but they have been way overpriced and the converted guns were questionable at best.

Still, the occasional deal is out there, I just haven't run into one.

They have 3 at one of my local gun stores in central texas right off base. I just wish one will still be there in 6 months when I finish my tour. :cryss:

at least Ive got six months of planning on what modes Im going to do.

Just call and put the money down with a credit card im sure they will hold one for you. I ordered a lot of guns during my last tour in afghanistan.

If I have a creditcard and thoria satellite phone I can buy guns anywhere, and I do! :smoke:

Edited by mike123456
if you have that itch then try a gun show they usally have at least 2 s-12s, as for shippments thank customs, i waited over 2 months before my s-12 cleared the docks

not in my neck of the woods - last show i went to i picked up an s-308, other than that i saw a s-410 and a .223......and that was it!!!!...supply is tight in my area.

I for one don't know if i will break down and get an s-12........maybe, but mags are pricey, and i have got an 870 already.....of course.....with the right paperwork and s-12 shorty would be fun....

your 870 wouldnt hold up against my s12, got news for you.....

dont buy them for the "any" price, but BUY them. make sure you get one for you. thats all I have to say about that stuff.......the s12 is unlike any weapon ive ever seen, and it is the ONLY gun that has been continunously loaded in my home since 2003......every other shotgun is a piece of crap, if you ask me. sorry win and rem guys, sorry benelli guys, but that is the hard fact of the matter......

"Some buffoon has one up on gunbroker for $775, stock out of the box 109. Ridiculous."

People do buy them for that much. Trust me they are not $800 guns.

""everyone is buying them because the ATF is going to ban them","if you find one, you better buy it regardless of price,"

Yea stupid isn't it.

Don't get to "Yay" about Gilbers unless you have cash in hand. It's my understanding that their share of the pie is less than 100 this go round, and some are already spoken for. My dealings with Gilberts has been very pleasant in the past, good guys, but if your serious about buying from them, get on the phone NOW. Remember Phone, not internet. If your on the fence, now is the time to act, or pay someone double when they're all gone again. I don't think this ones ever going to looked at as a bad investment.

Edit in,

From what I was told, if you pre-ordered it's probably a done deal. If you haven't placed your order YET, after the pre-orderers are filled, there's not a whole lot left, but there are some to be had. As for what models I have no clue.

I wonder how many were shipped total in this lot?

Edited by 6500rpm
Don't get to "Yay" about Gilbers unless you have cash in hand. It's my understanding that their share of the pie is less than 100 this go round, and some are already spoken for. My dealings with Gilberts has been very pleasant in the past, good guys, but if your serious about buying from them, get on the phone NOW. Remember Phone, not internet. If your on the fence, now is the time to act, or pay someone double when they're all gone again. I don't think this ones ever going to looked at as a bad investment.

I've had my order in with them for about a month - hopefully I'm one of those 100. Verified everything by phone, and they've got my CC number - so all should be well. Been waiting for a long time to get one of these, hopefully this oppurtunity will pan out.

bigjimcalhoun,

I got my saiga 12 about 3 months ago for $450 including shipping. At the time it was the cheapest I was finding on the internet that was new. I would say $459 is a great price and don't think you will find one for less. I've seen people buying them on gunbroker for $750+.....

Maybe I'll slap a Picatinny Rail Mount on mine and call it a Tromix conversion and sell it for $1000. :haha: jk