FAL hand gaurds on Saiga

Hey everyone

Today I was looking at how SVD hand gaurds work and they are actually fairly similiar to FAL handgaurds. So I am trying to figrue out how to mount an old Penguin FAL forend on my saiga .308 I know I once saw a picture of a saiga withe t-48 handgaurds on it but Im not sure how they attached them.

Buck Shott

The T48 handguard is one piece with an open top, same as a Saiga handguard. Two piece handguarsd are another animal. The saiga-100 has a two piece hand guard, at least the version that made it to the US.

:huh:Hummm, I had not considered trying to fit the Tapco T-48 FAL handguard to the Saiga. That might be an interesting combination! I wish I had one handy so I could compare the too and see how feasible it is.

Anybody?

I actually tried something veryh similar on mine, and it worked...sort of. It was somewhat difficult to get them to fit securely, but with a little FastSteel and a couple of screws it will work. I was never super happy with it, so I swapped them out for a galil-style guard that I like much better. I also thought about using the T48, but decided not to. It should work pretty well, though. There was some guy on AR15.com that had used the T48 and it worked great.

• 3 weeks later...
I see minds think alike. Here is mine with an Izzy.

future.jpg

That's sweet man! Where you been hidin???

One question...how did you secure the HG to the receiver? I've got one just like that I'm trying to think of a way to use, and it seems to me I'm going to have to fabricate some kind of insert that will mate with the AK receiver.

Nice job :up:

Now all she needs is a conversion with a wood stock and PG! :super: