New Version 21 .308 & 922

I already have a S.308 in factory wood, that I don't really want to convert. I'm real excited about the new (to us in the states) thumbhole version coming soon! My understanding is to use 20 rounder's, I can only think of four components to change; piston =1, FCG =3, tot =4? + 1 or 3 depending on mag choice.( Surefire=3, FBMG=1), Am I correct? Thanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...
I already have a S.308 in factory wood, that I don't really want to convert. I'm real excited about the new (to us in the states) thumbhole version coming soon! My understanding is to use 20 rounder's, I can only think of four components to change; piston =1, FCG =3, tot =4? + 1 or 3 depending on mag choice.( Surefire=3, FBMG=1), Am I correct? Thanks for any input.

If I am correct in my understanding that Surefire 25rd .308 Saiga mags are 3 US parts, then you SHOULD only need ONE more US part in any S.308 to be compliant.

You need to subtract Foreign parts out of the gun. The stock mag is 3 foreign parts. +11 in the gun = 14. Using US mag = 11 in the gun. You need to have 10 or fewer to use High capacity mags. So replace one with a US made one.

There is a tiny bit of Grey area in regards to the counting of the Thumbhole as 1 or 2 parts. If it's 2 then you'll have to replace 2 foreign parts (other than mags) to use HC Surefire mags.

The G2 FCG is 3 parts. Using this as a drop in would bring you down to an 8 or 9 (depending on number of parts the thumbhole counts as) foreign parts with the 3 parts in a US mag, AND since you are NOT changing the imported setup, putting the factory 8 round mag back in the gun will result in 11 or 12 foreign parts but will give you the same gun you imported and therefore is not susceptible to 922r.

Long story short: Buy a G2 trigger group and you can use US mags and foreign low-caps.