PSOP scope question

Hi, I am going to be buying a saiga .308 rifle with the 22" barrel soon and I want to put a PSOP 8x42 scope on it. I plan on leaving the rifle unconverted. I have heard that the 42mm PSOP scopes contact the rear sight on the saiga, but I have also seen a picture of a saiga with a 42mm POS/PSOP type scope on it at:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=8571.0

Does anyone have first-hand experience with these scopes on the saiga? Any help would be appreciated.

My POSP 8x42 will NOT mount on my Saiga's rail due to the fact that the rear sight comes into contact and interferes. I have my scope on a SVD type mount, from the Romak PSL I used to have, and it mounts from the front of the rifle. Depending on your mount, yours may fit. There are other mounts, meant for the AK, that mount from the back. I have no way of knowing about yours without seeing the scope/mount assembly.

I have the 4x8x42 on my unconverted 308. It doesn't come anywhere near my rear sight due to its offset to the left. I can almost slide my hand between the scope and rear sight. Just make sure you get the one with an AK mount.

10-14-06073.jpg

Hard to tell from this pic, but it does fit.

Edited by Havoc308
Hard to tell from this pic, but it does fit.

Wow! What is that bottom rifle? Nice cheek piece on the stock! Is that more of BRG3's work? And... does it shoot well enough to justify the cheek piece? (I'm starting to think about long range precision stuff, and was leaning toward an AR variant, but..... )

Bill

PS... sorry for hijacking!

I made that stock for my first 308. I am very flattered that you put my work in the same category as BRG3's stuff. It was my first attempt, made from birch plywood. The cheek piece really helps accuracy by providing a positive cheek weld every time. Since I massaged the stock trigger, it shoots 1.5"to 2" 5 round groups at 100 will ammo it likes.

some more Havoc furniture:

DSC00111.jpg

Edited by Havoc308