IMPORTANT TROMIX NEWS

Tony asked me to post this for you guys to keep you in the loop.

As you may know, all of Oklahoma was declared a disaster area yesterday. Due to an ice storm, a record 600,000 homes and businesses went with out power beginning last Sunday.

Tony's business & residence are still affected. Tromix is closed, and it's unknown when the power will be restored. If Tony told you your gun would ship this week or next week- it won't.

Don't worry about your gun! You'll get it, this is just a little setback and can't be avoided. The facility is secure ( I would say VERY secure) and Tony will resume work as soon as the power comes back on.

edit: MODS may move this to the Tromix forum if you like, I would have put it there if I could have.

Edited by BobAsh
edit: MODS may move this to the Tromix forum if you like, I would have put it there if I could have.

Done!

Saw all that on the news..... Hope everything thaws out pretty soon for y'all and that ya ain't had nothin' damaged by the weather.

Just FYI, Michigan looks like that ALL WINTER LOL! :lolol:

Saw all that on the news..... Hope everything thaws out pretty soon for y'all and that ya ain't had nothin' damaged by the weather.

Just FYI, Michigan looks like that ALL WINTER LOL! :lolol:

Yeah, I've lived in cold climates before. Snow is nothing, but an ice storm can really cause damage. My place is on a acre lot, and I've got 2 mature trees broken off at the stump and dozens of 12" dia limbs on the ground from other trees.

Tony just came over and borrowed my generator, so at least he'll have heat at the house.

Edited by BobAsh

My power came back on last night, so I was able to lend my generator to Tony. As of today there are still 170,000 homes without power in the Tulsa metro area. Tulsa has a population of about about 400,000.

There are utility companies from all over the country here. In my neighborhood last night I saw trucks from Texas, Missouri and Pennsylvania.

Hey Bob,

If you talk to Tony, tell him my buddy got the double barrel with the shark brakes, and they are wicked!!! I'll post picks when he gets it back from Wilson combat.

He was lucky to get it shipped out before the shit hit the fan.

Update: Working around the clock, the utility companies now report around 143,000 still without power. That represents fully 1/2 of the grid.

Tony's home and business are still dark, but mine are on. I'm sure Tony will post here as soon as his power comes on.

Sorry to hear you guys are battling Mr Freezemiester over there Bob. I know how ice storms can be, all to well. Here in NC we don't get real snow very much, but we have some nasty ice storms. It's not uncommon to be without power and totally trapped at home by the road conditions for over week at a time. Seems like every time too, an bunch of yahoos from up north make it a point to talk all kinds of shit about how us southerners are so easily crippled by the slightest bit of precip. :rolleyes: The stores all sell out of generators, chainsaws, and batteries and the grocery stores are a madhouse the day the storm starts, selling out of milk, bread, beer, and other necessities. It's because of all the bad ice storms we have been thru. And it's always funny to look around in all the ditches and peoples front yards, and see all the brash braggarts' cars with NY and other northern license plates that just a short time before were driving crazy all over the place saying get out of my way rednecks! :lolol:

Up there, they are used to driving on snow for months at a time and the DOT is also more prepared for those kind of road conditions. Down here we are much more prone to pure ice on the roads and I don't care how you drive or where you were brought up, you can NOT control an automobile on black ice. I mean the kind you can actually push the car sideways on, by just bracing you feet on the curb and pushing with your hands. Chains aren't much help either.

Good luck getting thawed out y'all! It sucks doesn't it. I've got a 60 foot dead pine tree standing about 15' from my back door right now, with power line going right thru the middle of the branches on the other side. I'm praying we don't get any frozen precip before I can get the power company out here to take the line down so I can drop it away from my house. Ice is heavy.

I'm a big fan of having something like the Honda EU1000, EU2000 or EU3000 generator on hand in case of emergancies.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/eu1000.htm

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDe...delName=EU2000i

Those Hondas literally sip gas, you can get 8 to 10 hours on a gallon or so of gas (depending on the load). Plus they are an inverter, so you have clean power to run computers. You can run them in parallel, and get auxilury tanks.

I see the little Honda EU1000 as a bear min necessity, just to keep the fridge or furnace blower on. It's not a lot of watts, but it can keep you alive and sane. Going larger, or getting a propane generator is a step above ;)

Best of luck digging yourself out of the snow and ice.

The Tulsa metro area got hit harder than we did up here on Grand lake. I wish Tony and everyone else effected by the ice storm some speedy recovery and power.

This same storm hit my dad in north central Kansas just 60 miles south of the Neb. Kansas state line and he is also still without power. Best of luck to you tony.

If well wishing could heat your homes, you would need to turn on the air!

(I swear that is close to the cheezyest thing I ever said! LOL!)

I just saw on the news...y'all better get ready for round 2.... more storms comin' your way.

oh....its......so....COLD....down here....in.....florida......BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

sorry, couldnt help it.

Yuk-Yuk Yuk...you should see what all the rich kids from Jersey do in the snow up here. I was tempted to walk downtown just to watch the wrecks

The 2nd wave fizzled. Looks like we will be OK.

LOL Alex!

Yeah, I got power back on Thursday night. Sent the family out of town on Wednsday. They were going stir crazy.

On another note, I have three guns inbound from Gilberts to Tony with a scheduled delivery tomorrow.

Guess what they are........... :)

Yeeeaah...Ice storm...Right.......

Just another example of "The Man" (Tony and his huge staff at Tromix) steppin' on the little guy again...

Just another excuse to keep our $$$ and keep us waitng......

I'm gonna go through the pistol pimp for my conversions in the future.

Ok, actually, I don't have any conversion jobs at Tromix (but I wish I did...)

But, I did have to plug in my electric gloves to ride the Ducati in to work this morning...(Oh, the horrors!!!..)

Hope everybody stays safe and thaws out soon...

guido2 in Houston