• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these have been around for quite a while not in europe. not particularly popular, but certainly not bad either.

Interesting.... Is the .22lr round popular at all in Europe? In the US we love .22 versions of military guns, its just neat to us for some unexplainable reason.

these have been around for quite a while not in europe. not particularly popular, but certainly not bad either.

Interesting.... Is the .22lr round popular at all in Europe? In the US we love .22 versions of military guns, its just neat to us for some unexplainable reason.

pretty damn popular in pistols, revolvers and bolt action rifles. (little less for pumps and lever actions, but they're still common enough)

as for semi-auto rifles? not so much. at least not here in belgium, cant really speak for other countries.

and, no, before you ask: Ruger 10/22 rifles are not popular at all.

Just got this this morning from Onpoint...THE AD NOT THE GUN...I wish...

http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?page..._22lr_mp5_clone

Hold tight! Evan (aka OnPoint) has some changes to his business model coming in Jan that will make this deal even sweeter...much, much sweeter.

Beyond that, he told me this week that in addition to all the cool aftermarket "MP5 Clone" accessories, there will be a suppressor from GSG not too far down the road.

A civillian legal imported supressor ?

didn't think that was possible.

I'd like this gun more if mags were as cheap and availible as 10/22 mags.

I'll have to check on that. I'm pretty sure Evan said GSG would be making it, but I could be wrong. In any event, one is in the works.

BTW, GSG is only going to offer one factory config to simplify the import process, but after that, there will be all sorts of options. And OnPoint will begin operating on a membership plan starting in January that will make all this much easier on the wallet. Basically, everything he has access to from his 20 or so distributors will be available at his actual cost. From what he told me this week, memberships will run about $4.95/month...not a bad deal.

only like 1 country in the EU allows people to own suppressors without too much hassle, and the vast majority of countries doesn't allow ownership at all. the market for silencers are law enforcement and army in the EU.

so the chances that GSG would export suppressors for a .22LR MP5 clone is pretty slim (though possible ofc).

i think it's more likely that some US manufacturer was contacted to make .22LR suppressors, rather than importing existing ones from the EU.

i dont want to be the one negative person here but looks cool i just dont think i could justify 500$ on a 22. mp5 the low capacity mags bug me to what are they 22 rounds ? unsure i think thats what i saw anyways just think 500$ could buy me a pretty sweet saiga 223. granted i cant afford to shoot it :rolleyes:

I stand corrected...

The GSG-5 has been approved for import by the BATFE and is currently shipping from Germany. The GSG-5 comes in a standard MP5 configuration that many users will be familiar with including a Navy lower receiver, 22rd magazines, A2 stock, triangle (tropical) handguard, and a 16in barrel with a fake sound suppressor attached. An SBR version of the GSG-5 will also be available. Like other HK MP5 clones on the market, the GSG-5 will accept most MP5 accessories. However, German Sport Guns, GmbH is planning to release a whole line of accessories shortly. You'll be able to customize the GSG-5 with German-made collapsible and PDW stocks, Picatinny rail handguards, vertical foregrips, and mounts for optics, flashlights, lasers, Gemtech sound suppressors and more. In short, you'll be able to own the German-made MP5 you've always wanted-- at a fraction of the cost of other clones. And you'll be able to afford to shoot it, thanks to cheap and plentiful .22lr ammunition.

Guys GSG is jumping the gun announcing all the extra stuff, there is only 1 Model approved at this time and that is the basic unit, yes they have spoken about possible others in the distant future but no time soon, the chance of a imported SBR unit with a can is highly unlilkley , there will be several accessories released in the future but no exact ETA , We are now taking pre orders for the GSG rifles and expect to see them in late Jan 2008 , we will be offering a Saiga 12 forum perk with the purchase , this has not been decided yet but will be a discount, free mag , free ship or something like that.

FYI - For those of you in the Tampa area, On Point firearms expects to have a couple of samples (already sold their allotment) that they will be providing for demo purposes at the St Pete Police Pistol Range in early '08.

If you're on their contact list and local, they invite you to the meet & greet and let you shoot it. Typically, the fee is $20 when they do these events. So if you're interested... it's a cheap way to see and feel it prior to ordering.

ok let me put my foot in my mouth on the 22. just looked up what a 10/22 costs these days wow $$$ maybe this things not such a bad deal

Cabella's everyday price of $189.99

i know in its basic configuration 10/22s are cheap but i should have clarified that i meant but never said in that type of configuration so if i wanted to have something different i could get say the ak kit for the 10/22 but thats 300$ give or take plus 200$ gun = just as much as the gsg-5

FYI - For those of you in the Tampa area, On Point firearms expects to have a couple of samples (already sold their allotment) that they will be providing for demo purposes at the St Pete Police Pistol Range in early '08.

If you're on their contact list and local, they invite you to the meet & greet and let you shoot it. Typically, the fee is $20 when they do these events. So if you're interested... it's a cheap way to see and feel it prior to ordering.

He's going to try and make the Florida Saiga Shoot Out in March as well. If his schedule cooperates, we'll have to make sure he brings one of these along.