Hey Pointer,

That sucks about the wobble in the stock. I just have a temporary plastic end cap sliding stock on mine for now. Looks like crap up close because I had dremeled part of the plastic on it to fit on my paintball gun a while back. I actually have a Classic Army A030M on order to replace it. How do you like the metal end cap? Is the adjustment handle metal as well? Is the butt piece still plastic and crappy? I'm thinking I probably won't be using the stock fully extended and it looks like it has alot of notches in between for adjustment.

It was kind of nice being able to use the stuff I picked up for my old Tippmann A5 (MP5k) paintball gun and put it on my GSG-5.

here's a pic of my custom tippmann A5MP5k (without sliding stock/claw mount) if anybody gives a shit, LOL

A5MP5pic4.jpg

A5MP5pic1.jpg

A5MP5pic5.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stock is actualy very well made,all metal including the buttplate.Its sturdy in all notches except the fully open notch,theres a good 1"of wobble or more up and down,looks bad azz tho :devil: What RIS forearm did you use? Did you have to do much modifications?

ha, just saw your CA stock on ebay. I was looking at buying that, but i think i'm going to hold out to see if I get my order in from HONG KONG first.

I bought this cheaper RAS kit from CYMA for $50 thru airsoftgi.com. Some people were saying they found it cheaper elsewhere, but I think that's not including shipping costs from Hong Kong. THis is a US company and I got it in about a week or so.

It was pretty easy to mount, at least the way i did it. I didn't use that barrel shroud piece at all, I just simply mounted the RAS with the front screw mount on the GSG-5, and then i drilled a hole thru the bottom rail where the long black barrel set screw of the GSG-5 protrudes. I then used that barrel screw of the GSG-5 "as a thread tap" and I slowly backed it out thru the hole I drilled in the rail (smaller than diameter of barrel screw). It works really nice because the rail is aluminum and the screw is steel, so the thread don't strip. You just have to screw it out thru the rail until it starts to get tight, and then loosen, and then tighten again until you get all the way thru the bottom rail. I was not real exact in my measurements as to where to drill the hole in the rail and it still turned out perfect. Once you get that barrel screw thru the rail, I simply held the RAS in line with the gun and tightened the barrel screw back into the gun. The threads of the barrel screw hold the RAS tight and secure, but I might put a small piece of alum tube in between the rail and GSG-5 with the barrel screw running thru it, to act as reinforcement to prevent the hole from stripping during a HARD drop. Yeah, don't bother fucking with that barrel shroud piece.

The vertical grip for this kit sucks ass. I easily broke off the tightening handle on it. It is simply glued on.

The rails are sturdy though and with my ergo pistol grip on there, it's really solid.

I'll probably get around to posting a pic of this process at some point, if that all the babble above doesn't work. Not sure how everyone else is mounting their RAS kits, but mine only took about an hour to do.

Oh yeah, I did also trim the right rail by one notch so there wasn't any interferance with the ejection port. I simply took a hack saw and placed the blade against the last notch (for a straight edge) and cut off the R1 tab. Filed down the rough edge and hit it with a quick shot of flat black enamel spray paint. You honestly can't even tell it's been cut or painted and it looks awesome. Let me know if you get it to work. I think you'll like the way it looks and feels.

www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3320

pic-004-mp5-aluminum-hnd-grd.jpg

Kit description:

The CYMA MP5 RAS Kit is constructed of aluminum and replaces the standard front handguard of the MP5 with three (3) 20mm picatinny rails. The RIS handguard enables the user to mount a wide range of accessories onto their MP5 including flashlights, lasers, vertical foregrips, battery boxes, etc. Aside from the MP5 RIS handguard the kit includes an aluminum outer barrel, vertical foregrip, and two (2) rail covers.

Features:

Vertical Foregrip

Aluminum Outer Barrel

Removable Rail Covers

Three (3) 20mm Rails

Just read your thread on AR15.com before i came back here.I hope you can get pics of the proccess as thats a good price for the forearm.The Nitro Ras seems to be about the easyest but i cant find it anywhere,plus its $100+ bucks and shipping.I think im gonna get a stubby foregrip simular to the one thats on your Tippman,i see Tango Downs making stubbys now too.

OH... Talk to me about the prices of the optic mount, and I want to know more about the Collapsible stock... whats the deal with that? Airsoft? real deal? hard to install? mates up perfect? how much? where from?

Thanks!!! :up:

:smoke:

I got my front rail here: http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1061

I think it was $42 shipped. It was a BITCH to put on, lots of trimming on the adaper that came with it. Info is over in the AR15 forum.

The collapsing stock was $30 shipped on Airsoft Retreat's Forum board, it is a Classic Army MP5 take off stock. Guy I got it from was selling and upgrading to a B&T Classic Army stock. I think the stock is quite firm. It is a bit different from the ones you can order seperately from classic army.

It slipped right on, no issues.. slips right on.

Sight is a Aimpoint CompML3.

Optic rail fit perfect. No issue at all, as if it were made for the gun. Can't beat $12.

As a side note... Shotgun News did a review of the GSG-5 and got 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100ft. It is a nice cover pic and several page review.

Edited by Maxwell