just for s**t and gi****s ..here's an option too convert a 10/22 to an HK

MP5 clone for those who think that the GSG-5 just doesnt cut the mustard.

Looking at this offering just elevated my excitement for the GSG-5 !

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=90906285

blockbuster

www.suchar-enterprises.

still accepting pre-orders for the GSG-5

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for s**t and gi****s ..here's an option too convert a 10/22 to an HK

MP5 clone for those who think that the GSG-5 just doesnt cut the mustard.

Looking at this offering just elevated my excitement for the GSG-5 !

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=90906285

blockbuster

www.suchar-enterprises.

still accepting pre-orders for the GSG-5

The link doesn't work.

It is doubtfully that you will find anybody sitting on them they are very hot at this time, the good news is that there are more waves of these comings in every 4 -6 weeks so this should start to quench the thirst for them over the next couple of months.

Have all your orders been filled with this batch? Would like an ideal where i stand in line.

Picked mine up on Saturday and shot the crap out of it. It has done very well, and has fed/cycled everything I've put thru it. Truncated tips, Hollow points, standard velocity, High velocity, flat nosed Win xpert HP's, and of course CCI stuff. I've had 4 FTF's, where the firing pin didnt set off the primer, but this was in pretty cold weather and I didnt degrease, just took it out and shot her :rolleyes: . Once she warmed up she didnt FTF. I put somewhere around 600 rounds thru it. I was just screwing around in my buddies backyard so no real accuracy testing yet, but I was pinging various spinners from 1" to 4" at 20 to 35 yards with ease, and peppering the center ring on paper all morning. No complaints there. Lots of fun.

This gun has the weight of a "real" firearm, and overall quality is alright. The furniture is kind of thin crappy plastic but the frame is a nice poly. Some of the metal seems to be aluminum, and I did get a little ding in the notch that holds the cocking lever back. I am swapping out the furniture, gonna try the B&T style folder and a cheapo lighted forend. All in all I love this thing, a great little plinker. A bit expensive, but I dont regret buying one at all. Always wanted a MP5, just cause they look neat, and being that this is .22 it saves me on ammo, and I still get to have the "feel" of an MP5.

post-635-1203475398_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris410
seems not everybody is loving these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92737975

I seen that the other day..he never does say why its a "sewer pipe".Hes the first one i heard bash it so bad,theres been a few with small things but most ive heard is positive,and i been realy looking around the boards for info/reviews.I cant believe how much they been going for on G.B,some over $600+,and they retail for $499 :rolleyes: Some sellers are trying to sell mags for $60+..unbelievable.Once these start rolling in on a regular basis and the newness wears off there gonna be selling at a better price than retail....its just everyone wants one right now and theres only so many coming in at a time.After saying that...hope mine comes in on Atlantics next shippment :unsure::D

I have to chime in here. I had one on order thru Atlantic and my job situation took a crap for the first time in a long time. Bad timing and a really spooky feeling. I canceled the order. The job thing has kind of stabilized and while I wish I hadnt canceled the order Im seeing them already on Gunbroker plus mags.

I think Im going to wait a few weeks till warmer weather and either buy a new one or pick up one used. Looks like the price is going to drop a tad and supply will be good. Its a really cool toy but I can wait for the price to drop I think,,, or find a used one.

Unless the nice folks at Atlantic will put me back on the list (near the top!) and what was the freebie that came with the order???

Tnek,when did you put your order in and cancel? I heard they filled orders thru the end of Dec.I got a notification 1/14/08 that im on the list.The freebie is free shipping.

Picked mine up today at the shooting range. Since it arrived on Thursday and the goof ball didn't call me to say it was here, I didn't have any 22 ammo with me. So I went on and sighted in my LR308 and played with the vectors and PS90. After getting home I cleaned it up, loaded up the mag, and proceeded to unload on the targets in the back yard. 200 rounds and no problems. It cycled the stingers as well as the winchester wb ammo, but the stingers are more fun. Now for some add ons. Atlantic Firearms, do you have any red dots and mounts in stock yet?????, oh yeh, thanks for the great service.

Termite

• 5 weeks later...

Ordered a GSG-5 off gunbroker along with some extra mags, and should be getting it within the next day or so. I'll post pics of it then. Can't wait to shoot it, should be an awesome plinker!

Found a forum on AR-15 for the GSG-5.

http://ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=41

It seems certain airsoft parts fit on the GSG-5 (with slight dremel modifications to part), which would make putting a sliding stock on it a helluva cheaper than going with HK parts.

some of the various GSG-5 projects on this site.... (not mine) (sorry 56k)

gsg-feature-shot.jpg

gsg5.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

GSG-5_2_small.JPG

gsg2.jpg

kel9.jpg

GSG5_SD.jpg

Edited by sharkbit
My GSG-5, love it!

Great little plinker. hundreds of rounds no issues.

ezh3c9.jpg

Maxwell,thats about how mines gonna be set up.I already have the CA stock,Aimpont clone,mount and 6 mags.I havent desided on the forearm....looking for a Nitro but cant find them in stock anywhere,they seem the simplest to mount.

OK GUYS.... to those of you that have them... HOW WELL DO THEY SHOOT... I mean what kind of groups can I EXPECT at 50 yards?

Plinker? Tack driver???

Honestly... I just called my dealer to get one... but I want to know what to EXPECT out of it... is it going to do 1" groups at 50? 2" groups? 3", 4"?? what?!?!?

I hate buying something expecting one thing and have it perform totally differently and have people say "well what did you expect?!?!" DUH!!! LOL

:smoke:

OK GUYS.... to those of you that have them... HOW WELL DO THEY SHOOT... I mean what kind of groups can I EXPECT at 50 yards?

I think I was at ~40 yards here, one mag per spot (~22rds), rapid fire (as fast as i could pull the trigger after the first shot). There is almost no recoil. Shot with aimpoint 1x reddot as shown in gun photo a couple of posts up. Slowing down you can do much better.

28jk0lj.jpg

:eek: REALLY?!?!??!?!!? :eek:

Those are all about 3" max groups, most could be smaller, and if you went as fast as you say you did... :up: not too bad for a plinker!!! That would do squirrels at that range for sure!!!!

SWEET BRO!!! Thats awesome!!!!!

:eek: REALLY?!?!??!?!!? :eek:

Yup I love it, no squirrel is safe. I bought 10 extra mags (@ HKparts.net), because you can dump them so fast. It seems like you just started firing and then the mag is empty. I really wish Beta made a C-mag for it.

I do have to say the factory sights suck the more I play with it, I didnt get nearly this good of a group the first time I took it out (5-6" groups). I bought a cheap $12 optic mount on Ebay (from same guy selling #220224046436) and then mounted a couple of different scopes till I found what I liked the best. I found the red dot perfect. Maybe I will try to shoot a video next time I go out.

hmm... I have a Bushnell trophy red dot on the hi point, that might go VERY NICELY on the GSG 5.

I just called my dealer again tonight... to "Remind" him I wanted one.. and to get hot! LOL

OH... Talk to me about the prices of the optic mount, and I want to know more about the Collapsible stock... whats the deal with that? Airsoft? real deal? hard to install? mates up perfect? how much? where from?

Thanks!!! :up:

Indy,yes there Airsoft aftermarket parts for now...being a 22cal they hold up well "And there cheaper$" My collapsable stock..Classic Army A030M (Old style)had way to much wobble in the open position,so its getting sold. The factory is supposed to start delivering there own line of stocks and accessorys in the next 2-3 months,so im gonna wait and see if there collapsable fits better,if not ill go with a Classic Arms folder.I LOVE THIS GUN!...fun to shoot and ammos cheap.I may have another one available (Had two preordered from differant companys) in the next week or two so keep am eye on the For Sale section :)