I've had mixed luck getting the 3 in mags to work with my gun for all but the 3 in shells, and even then it seems the very top of the mags where the shells are pushed forward and up starts to wear out in a relatively short amount of time. The 2.5 in mags are tough to find.

Is it about time that some provider of aftermarket mags (not drums, but mags) gets into the S20 game and provides a reliable 8 or 10 round mag that is set up for the cheaper 2.5 in loads? It's no real secret that alot of people are "settling" for S20's because the S12's are so hard to find. It seems like there's an untapped mag market.

I for one would purchase at least 4 decent hi cap mags if the price was around $50 each. I've welded a few together myself, but by the time you purchase two mags (and you can only seem to find 3 in ones) and deal with having to buy 3 in shells for optimum reliability it's a cash drain. Any interest? If so, please post here so some of the makers might notice. It seems like the market would support hi caps due to both interest in hi caps, as well as the plain unavailability of 5 round mags.

Dude, I'm totally in your camp.

But I'm not going to hold my breath.... I've had my spirit "beat down" too often regarding just how unlikely it is that we S-20 owners may reap any of the benefits of the S-12 owners when it comes to after-market items and products. Apparently, it is simply NOT in the numbers for the after-market manufacturers to cater to us S-20 owners whatsoever (i.e., the S-20 comes in "last place" behind the S-410 for quantities on this U.S. continent).

$1.25staff you can modify your 3" mags to shoot both 2.5 and 3" shells.

I hear ya on the untapped market. That's really just mags though. Most things that will work with the 12 will work with the 20 unless bbl diameter keeps it from being mounted (like sights).

• 1 month later...
$1.25staff you can modify your 3" mags to shoot both 2.5 and 3" shells.

I hear ya on the untapped market. That's really just mags though. Most things that will work with the 12 will work with the 20 unless bbl diameter keeps it from being mounted (like sights).

I just bought my first Saiga 20 about a week ago. The magazines do look hard to find. I have one quick newbie question. In your post, and on a lot of AK sites people always refer to the barrel as a "bbl"? Is that really what it stands for?

I just bought my first Saiga 20 about a week ago. The magazines do look hard to find. I have one quick newbie question. In your post, and on a lot of AK sites people always refer to the barrel as a "bbl"? Is that really what it stands for?

Yes, that is a common abbreviation for barrel, although the original 'bbl' refers to the liquid measurement. On this forum it's a rifle/shotgun barrel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, been unable to keep up with the forum until now. I am in Iraq at the moment... Can someone point me in the right direction for this waiting list for mags for the 20? I want to get on it quick like! Thanks!

On another note, there have been people looking for a mag and accessories for the 20 since I first got here... Has nobody started a thread to get everyone down together in one place and made SOMEONE aware of it a bit more? Lookin' for a bandwagon to jump on here!

10 and 20 rounders are forthcoming, I hear...

yeah Im on the waiting list. I hope they dont delay too long and they end up banned again.

Sorry, been unable to keep up with the forum until now. I am in Iraq at the moment... Can someone point me in the right direction for this waiting list for mags for the 20? I want to get on it quick like! Thanks!

On another note, there have been people looking for a mag and accessories for the 20 since I first got here... Has nobody started a thread to get everyone down together in one place and made SOMEONE aware of it a bit more? Lookin' for a bandwagon to jump on here!

10 and 20 rounders are forthcoming, I hear...

yeah Im on the waiting list. I hope they dont delay too long and they end up banned again.

You can visit Mississippi Auto Arms and get on the Wating List

The waiting lists I found for S20 20 and 10 round magazines can be found at:

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=155

for the 20 round magazines and

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=154

for the 10 round magazines. You e-mail them at sales@mississippiautoarms.com.

Edited by ffleudur

But I'm not going to hold my breath.... I've had my spirit "beat down" too often regarding just how unlikely it is that we S-20 owners may reap any of the benefits of the S-12 owners when it comes to after-market items and products. Apparently, it is simply NOT in the numbers for the after-market manufacturers to cater to us S-20 owners whatsoever (i.e., the S-20 comes in "last place" behind the S-410 for quantities on this U.S. continent).

You can find extras for your S-20 here.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_20/saiga_20.html

You can find extras for your S-20 here.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_20/saiga_20.html

Thanks fourreel, but... ahhh.... I have all the S-20 mags that I need.

As a side note, it was Brian (a.k.a. "dinzag") whom I went to for the majority of my magazine needs; I sent him several OEM 5 rounders and he made 8 rounds out of them as well as 2 rounders. Brian also welded the wedges on all my mags.

• 2 months later...

Bringing this one back to the top. I saw that saigastock.com had posted an update on their main page about Surefire Saiga-410 magazines, so I sent an inquiry about Saiga-20 mags. Here is their response:

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in our products and website. We have been told from the manufacturer that the Saiga 20 10RD magazines will not come out till after the presidential election (Nov, 2008) probably due to the potential ban on high capacity mags if certain elected officials get in.

Hope this is helpful and let us know if we can do anything else for you James.

Katherine

Customer Service Rep

SaigaStock.com

> Hi,

>

> Saw your news update on the main page about the 10rd Saiga-410 mags

> becoming available. I'm curious if there is any news about 10rd

> Saiga-20 mags?

>

> I need to pick up some more 2-3/4" mags for my S-20, but would hate to

> order up a bunch of factory mags if the new 10rd are coming out soon.

>

> Thanks!

>

> -- James

So they are saying that if Obama becomes president that I will have to look elsewhere for my S20 mags? That it BS! Here I was thinking I had everything all worked out for when I get home from Iraq at the end of the year. Now the Magazines are not going to be there regardless because of something that "potentially" could happen.

Ok people, what is the next option?

I want to come home to my Tromix modified S20 AND some magazines that will feed it 10-15 rounds of 3" AND/OR 2 3/4" ammo...

Bringing this one back to the top. I saw that saigastock.com had posted an update on their main page about Surefire Saiga-410 magazines, so I sent an inquiry about Saiga-20 mags. Here is their response:

Hi James,

Thanks for your interest in our products and website. We have been told from the manufacturer that the Saiga 20 10RD magazines will not come out till after the presidential election (Nov, 2008) probably due to the potential ban on high capacity mags if certain elected officials get in.

Hope this is helpful and let us know if we can do anything else for you James.

Katherine

Customer Service Rep

SaigaStock.com

> Hi,

>

> Saw your news update on the main page about the 10rd Saiga-410 mags

> becoming available. I'm curious if there is any news about 10rd

> Saiga-20 mags?

>

> I need to pick up some more 2-3/4" mags for my S-20, but would hate to

> order up a bunch of factory mags if the new 10rd are coming out soon.

>

> Thanks!

>

> -- James

So they are saying that if Obama becomes president that I will have to look elsewhere for my S20 mags? That it BS! Here I was thinking I had everything all worked out for when I get home from Iraq at the end of the year. Now the Magazines are not going to be there regardless because of something that "potentially" could happen.

Ok people, what is the next option?

I want to come home to my Tromix modified S20 AND some magazines that will feed it 10-15 rounds of 3" AND/OR 2 3/4" ammo...

Yeah, it wasn't the best news, but I understand why Surefire would go about it this way. Doesn't make sense to develop & set up production on a new product that could be banned real soon. It's not what I wanted to hear, but I understand.

The only other S20 mag options I know of are:

- 8rd / 10rd factory mags from rusmilitary.com (currently out of stock & they cost an arm and a leg when in stock)

- make your own franken-mags by cutting & splicing factory mags together (see http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6728)

- contact Dinzag on the boards for franken-mag services. I think Cobra offers that service as well. This is probably your best option if you can't DIY.

I picked up 3 more 5rd mags (now have 4 total) and will probably end up cutting 'em up.

-- James

Yeah, it wasn't the best news, but I understand why Surefire would go about it this way. Doesn't make sense to develop & set up production on a new product that could be banned real soon. It's not what I wanted to hear, but I understand.

The only other S20 mag options I know of are:

- 8rd / 10rd factory mags from rusmilitary.com (currently out of stock & they cost an arm and a leg when in stock)

- make your own franken-mags by cutting & splicing factory mags together (see http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6728)

- contact Dinzag on the boards for franken-mag services. I think Cobra offers that service as well. This is probably your best option if you can't DIY.

I picked up 3 more 5rd mags (now have 4 total) and will probably end up cutting 'em up.

-- James

Anybody have some they want to donate some mags? How about some simpathy for a soldier? LOL!

I guess I am gonna have to explore those other options for now...

are you carrying your s20 in combat, wildcatkit52?

sandydog - put a choke on the gun. problems solved.

I believe he said his Tromix was waiting for him stateside B.

Just adding a choke to a problematic S-20 will not cure any cycling problems. There are other things you have to do. My S-20 conversion was finicky as hell with all kinds of ammo til I gave it a complete workover. It came with a factory full choke.

Then there are some people like Indy who just shoot the crap out of theirs til they start behaving on their own.

I believe he said his Tromix was waiting for him stateside B.

That is correct. I believe it is there right now (Thanks Tony!) according to my brother. I still would like to have some mags for it also. I just have one factory mag.

If anyone have some they would be willing to sell let me know.

If I will have to get some made I will do that. The problem with that is I still would have to find some factory mags to convert.

:ded:

• 3 months later...
Question for you that have been playing with these things...

Can you modify the AGP S12 mags with a factory 5 round S20 3 incher to make a large S20 mag?

I've got something very similar already in the works. Just a bit longer and you'll see what I mean.... :smoke:

I've got something very similar already in the works. Just a bit longer and you'll see what I mean.... :smoke:

Damn it Cobra, don't tease like that.... :unsure:

Heh...sorry about that. If this works out though, it's gonna be a real good thing.

Whats up everybody?? man its been along time since i've post up here.

Only recently has my S20 started working "right". If i use the stock 5rnd (70mm)mag it works just fine. But the 8rnd (76mm)mag with the follower angle correction tends to have issue's. Becuase the mag is meant for a 3" (76mm)shell the mag sits further rearward in the reciver, so the top of the shell will catch on the top of chamber. I too am looking for a decent 2 3/4" (70mm) mag, for most of my shooting that i want mulitple rounds for is usually shot shell's. Maybe one of us with a nack for custom fabbing will have to whipp togeather a few mags for the few of us that want them.