Atlantic Firearms

I just don't know if I can make it to 2009 without a Tromix!!! The Atlantic Firearms web site shows that they have a Tromix Saiga 12 for $1,259 and a Tromix 12 also for $1,259. First, I can't tell any difference between the two. Next, the web site makes it appear that they have these shotguns in stock, but you are supposed to contact them for availability. I sent them an e-mail this morning.

Has anyone done business with Atlantic Firearms? What was your experience with them?

Thanks

Warrior

We carry 2 models of the Tromix unit , one in black one in od green , they are the same model just a color difference and I think we may cover that in the item description , on the inventory issue it can change daily so we do not post in our to of stock on the web site it would be to much time to continually do this , we do cover in the How To Buy section of the web site that you should email or call to check on the current availability prior to placing a order etc. Thank you for you interest in our product lines

Not to toot their horn too much, but Atlantic runs a tight ship and do really good work--from my experience, they take personal interest to esure each of their orders is successfully completed. One of my orders got lost in transit and someone personally called to answer my inquiry email, then called a week later to make sure that everything was delivered successfully. In a world of slow, impersonal emails and lackluster responses, Atlantic's customer service impressed the hell out of me.

Not to toot their horn too much, but Atlantic runs a tight ship and does really good work--from my experience. They take personal interest to ensure each of their orders is successfully completed. One of my orders got lost in transit and someone personally called to answer my inquiry email, then called a week later to make sure that everything was delivered successfully. In a world of slow, impersonal emails and lackluster responses, Atlantic's customer service impressed the hell out of me.

they run a real tight ship. If you go to their website they do not have any SAIGA12 shotguns instock. Just like everyone else they are OUT of stock. Then look on gunbroker actions they have plenty there. "we keep our auction stuff seperate!" I guess you do. In the price at Atl site, It should say our S-12's are only available for purchase if you want to get fucked! At Atlantic we want to make sure when supply and demand prices are at an all time high we want to stand on the thoat of the customer and get as much as we can. We do not have a waiting list here as that will mess up our plan to maximize profits in time of short supply. It's great to know they are looking out for the customer. I am sure no one has called wanting to buy a S-12. Why should you sell any stock weapons when you can send them out for conversion or auction them off for a great profit. Supply and demand the American way. I'll be sure to buy all of my new guns at ATlantic where they look out for the customer. I have tried to buy a vulcan 50 bmg and a saiga 12 they said when they come in they will call me. I never got a call!

Atlantic Firearms will do what is best for them.

Most of use to what is best for us.

If I want to I can contact RAA and see who the Saiga distributors are and contact each distributor to see who their dealers are and ...

However, I'm impressed with Atlantic. They buy and sell Tromix and other custom guns, and if your patient they will get you a Saiga.

They time to be sensitive to shortages of Saiga shotguns ain't now. If you really want one, they are available. You just have to spend a couple of hundred dollars more than you expected.

Ain't America great!

Not to toot their horn too much, but Atlantic runs a tight ship and does really good work--from my experience. They take personal interest to ensure each of their orders is successfully completed. One of my orders got lost in transit and someone personally called to answer my inquiry email, then called a week later to make sure that everything was delivered successfully. In a world of slow, impersonal emails and lackluster responses, Atlantic's customer service impressed the hell out of me.

they run a real tight ship. If you go to their website they do not have any SAIGA12 shotguns instock. Just like everyone else they are OUT of stock. Then look on gunbroker actions they have plenty there. "we keep our auction stuff seperate!" I guess you do. In the price at Atl site, It should say our S-12's are only available for purchase if you want to get fucked! At Atlantic we want to make sure when supply and demand prices are at an all time high we want to stand on the thoat of the customer and get as much as we can. We do not have a waiting list here as that will mess up our plan to maximize profits in time of short supply. It's great to know they are looking out for the customer. I am sure no one has called wanting to buy a S-12. Why should you sell any stock weapons when you can send them out for conversion or auction them off for a great profit. Supply and demand the American way. I'll be sure to buy all of my new guns at ATlantic where they look out for the customer. I have tried to buy a vulcan 50 bmg and a saiga 12 they said when they come in they will call me. I never got a call!

I'm going to go for in between. I just ordered a RAK 12 from them (I liked it a bit better than the Tromix at the same price point). They shipped before they said they would but there was no notification of any sort that my weapon had shipped from them. I happened to see something that might have been it sitting there when I was in my FFL's to pick up another gun and asked about it. Turned out they had shipped the wrong weapon. Blaine was nice enough about making sure they took care of all charges, apparently shipped my replacement before the weapon was returned but didn't put a rush on the shipment. I got a well it'll either ship today or tomorrow for the reship which seemed a little off. Normally I wouldn't care but I had hoped to shoot it before Christmas and it doesn't look like that'll happen now. BTW - The wrong weapon was a Saiga 7.62x39mm conversion and it was gorgeous though I only looked at the exterior and didn't handle it other than a little stroking of the finish. I had a hard time sending it back!

I'd say good people who will take care of you and get you what you ordered but there are some rough spots in their process that need to be smoothed over before I jump on the band wagon with both feet. I am probably a worst case experience for what you'd encounter and they took care of me within reasonable boundaries so I don't think you'd have a problem dealing with them. I was originally going to buy one of their Krinkov's next, but at this point, it's a tradeoff whether I go with them. Of course, I'll probably feel better once my RAK 12 gets in! :super:

Saigalover, I am sorry but you state a bit of BS & Crap so lets set the record straight , we have 15 -20 conversions done a month for us by Tromix & Red Jacket , we book these orders in advance because of the steady conversion work, our acution sales use 2 -3 a month , so we already know that approx 25 units per month are already spoken for , everybody already knows that there have been very few shotguns coming in and we only got a handfull on the last go around not they did not ship our entire order , it was not even enough to fill all our conversion work, So we bought shotguns from Gilberts and a few others just to cover our existing orders thus we had none left over for call in sales , It is simple math & buisness , we do not have pleanty of Shotguns on the Auction , actually only 1 , WOW thats a boat load, I love your Robinhood buisness mentality , we should forgo our pre orderd conversion sales to sell you a shotgun and yes on top make less money ? The fact is we could make nice money on a quick 1Z 109 turn around rather than tying up all the cost of the guns parts & build for 2 -3 months before we get them in to sell. No we have not called you on the Vulcan because they have not came into our inventory yet but I guess we are plotting bastards because of that also .

Well, I picked up the RAK 12 from my FFL this evening. Gorgeous weapon, truly outstanding in every way. It truly exceeds my expectations. In spite of the bumps along the path they delivered in the end so I'm going to upgrade my response from in between to positive. I still wish they could work on getting shipping notifications working and hope they will in the future.

I appreciate all of the responses. I sounds like I should not have any major concern about ordering from Atlantic. I am going to wait until the end of January, though, because of spousal issues. I bought four new rifles this month and I think the fifth one might be one too many. By the end of January she should be a bit more agreeable to another purchase.

WJ

Saigalover, I am sorry but you state a bit of BS & Crap so lets set the record straight , we have 15 -20 conversions done a month for us by Tromix & Red Jacket , we book these orders in advance because of the steady conversion work, our acution sales use 2 -3 a month , so we already know that approx 25 units per month are already spoken for , everybody already knows that there have been very few shotguns coming in and we only got a handfull on the last go around not they did not ship our entire order , it was not even enough to fill all our conversion work, So we bought shotguns from Gilberts and a few others just to cover our existing orders thus we had none left over for call in sales , It is simple math & buisness , we do not have pleanty of Shotguns on the Auction , actually only 1 , WOW thats a boat load, I love your Robinhood buisness mentality , we should forgo our pre orderd conversion sales to sell you a shotgun and yes on top make less money ? The fact is we could make nice money on a quick 1Z 109 turn around rather than tying up all the cost of the guns parts & build for 2 -3 months before we get them in to sell. No we have not called you on the Vulcan because they have not came into our inventory yet but I guess we are plotting bastards because of that also .

Geez, I'm wondering if saigalover and pistolpimp are related... maybe the same person with a new handle? Sounds like a similar rant we've heard before? :031:

I spoke with Blaine at Atlantic Firearms this morning. He took several minutes out of his busy day to enlighten me. I liked his approach and I liked what he told me. I got a good feeling about doing business with him. He is a no nonsense, no pressure guy, which is the way it should be.

WJ

Ordered a 7.62 16" from them. So far communication has been great. Haven't had time to go by the FFL and see if its in (sad, isn't it) but will post results of entire process. So far, so good. I emailed for availability first, they got back within 24 hours.

FINALLY went down to my dealer and picked up my FFL transfered SAIGA. I ordered it from Atlantic. Shipped quickly, good packaging, and my 7.62 was exactly as described. I ran 40 rounds through it so far, and it is extremly accurate right out of the box. Thanks Atlantic firearms. Look forward to doing business again in the future.

I recieved my Tromix from Atlantic Firearms in about a week. I spoke with Blaine on the phone a couple of times and he sent me pictures of the weapon before I bought it. They were out of the other couple of S-12s and he got the Tromix before it even hit Atlantic's website. They get the thumbs up from me.

• 8 months later...
I recieved my Tromix from Atlantic Firearms in about a week. I spoke with Blaine on the phone a couple of times and he sent me pictures of the weapon before I bought it. They were out of the other couple of S-12s and he got the Tromix before it even hit Atlantic's website. They get the thumbs up from me.

I dealt with Blaine when I ordered my RAK HI CAP from Atlantic. He did a great job for me. Atlantic Arms is a good company. There are a FEW very vocal people who bash AA and spread rumors but they won't substantiate any of the lies they spread. They have some personal vendetta that borders on psycho if you ask me. I am very happy with my purchase and how they handled it.

I dealt with Blaine when I ordered my RAK HI CAP from Atlantic. He did a great job for me. Atlantic Arms is a good company. There are a FEW very vocal people who bash AA and spread rumors but they won't substantiate any of the lies they spread. They have some personal vendetta that borders on psycho if you ask me. I am very happy with my purchase and how they handled it.

I think you are confusing AA with AA...........

I think you are confusing AA with AA...........

No, he's talking about me and my bringing his pictures over here to show y'all the "tig line as a bullet guide" in the Tennessee Gun built Saiga conversions.

I wish he'd just name names instead of beating around the bush, confusing folks.

Edited by nalioth

Blaine is a great guy to work with! I would not hesitate to do busines with Atlantic Firearms.

I just don't know if I can make it to 2009 without a Tromix!!! The Atlantic Firearms web site shows that they have a Tromix Saiga 12 for $1,259 and a Tromix 12 also for $1,259. First, I can't tell any difference between the two. Next, the web site makes it appear that they have these shotguns in stock, but you are supposed to contact them for availability. I sent them an e-mail this morning.

Has anyone done business with Atlantic Firearms? What was your experience with them?

Thanks