Hear me out, Hear me out Come to have some fun under the sun, Saturday, March 1st Area 51(the machine gun range) have been reserved for the Saiga shoot out, at the

Manatee gun range

1805 Logue Road

Myakka City, FL 34251

http://www.manateegunclub.com/index.html

Big thanks to FLTF3 thanks to him

this is possible.

And the time to show up will be 10:00 am to the end at 5:00 PM

Class 3 weapons are permitted for this shoot out and are welcome, but not only that, bring any gun you want to

bring from .22 to .50 , black powders, shotguns etc.

To the guys that want to try other rifles and shotguns, 12G,.223 , 7.62x54 and 7.62x39. will be available to try, just bring your own ammo.

The range will charge a regular fee of 18.00 for person, ( just like a regular daily fee to the range) but

area 51 will be for the shoot out.

Tannerite will be for sale at the range plus other props are on the works for the shoot out.

And remember all are welcome bring as many people you want to bring to the shoot out, dont forget to bring chairs, food and drinks for you and the ones you bring.

All is to have some fun under the sun and a good time.

And please not alcoholic drinks, bring eyes and ear protection.

If any one need more info, please feel free to PM me or e-mail at vjor2000@gmail.com

More info to this post will be available in days to come.

Edited by vjor
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a lot of fun....

I will be showing up with at least one other person, and will have a number of guns people can try out, or bring your own ammo and shoot them as much as you want.

Some of what we will bring along are -

Saiga 12 (stock)

Saiga 223

SAR1 7.62x39 tactical setup

PSL-54C 7.62x54r (if you want to shoot it, I will have some light ball, but be sure to bring some more if you want to use it for a while. NO heavy ball, please)

VEPR 308

various 22lr's

.40 and .380 chambered automatic handguns

Maybe a few other misc guns I have laying around, like my shoulder breaking old school 12 gauge. I will also see what else I can get my hands on for the shoot for everyone to try out if they like.

Ill bring along some other parts and mags as well, some for swapping if anyone is into that sort of thing.

Will bring a fairly fresh set of bowling pins, if anyone wants to go buckshot bowling. No pistol, 22lr or birdshot at these (ricochets). For other targets, Ill bring some 2x4 pieces to have a few team shootouts with, and some charcoals to do a little handy dandy friendly iron sight shootouts with, if anyone is interested.

We expect some very professional people to show, but we also would very much like to see newcomers to shooting as well as those of you with only a gun or two. This is going to be a fun shoot.

ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL!!!! Id love to tip a beer with many of you, but this isnt the place for that.

ABSOLUTELY NO TRACERS

ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER FLORIDA ILLEGAL AMMUNITION OR FIREARMS

Everyone will be expected to obey all saftey and range rules, and bring proper hearing and eye protection. Remember, there will be multiple AK type here, among others, and we all know they throw brass 30 feet or more....

SaltPeter - Ill bring my paper of sanity with me. Sadly I cannot buy you that beer though! Bring a couple guys from your dept. with ya! Im looking forward to meeting you finally, after all you did for me personally, and the gun community, as well....

Edited by Bvamp

No promises, but it would be cool to make it down...

It's around Mrs.J's birthday... perhaps she would want to visit that Famous Rat down there.

Thanks vjor and Bvamp...you guys did a great job summing everything up.

Like vjor said, we have Area 51 reserved for the day, and this isn't your typical range with paper targets. Area 51 is the land of dynamic targets...cars, appliances, bowling pins, clay pigeons, stuffed animals, basically anything the club gets their hands on or can come up with that's cool to shoot up. And yes, for the traditional folks who want to shoot paper, we will still have access to target frames.

They're doing a bit of renovating on Area 51 right now, but I'll snap a few photos this weekend and post them here to give you guys some visuals on our facilities for the day. I'll also get the prices on tannerite & other dynamic targets that will be available at the range.

This outing is going to be a great time, so feel free to join us for the day...even if you don't have a Saiga. Safety is always the number one priority, so there will be an adequate ratio of NRA Certified Range Safety Officers on hand. Not to worry though, they want us to have a good time too, just as long as that good time doesn't run the risk of ruining the day for you or someone else.

BTW, spectators are welcome as well. If you just want to come by just to watch and socialize, please feel free to do so. I'll have the "spectator only" price up by next weekend.

Big thanks FLTF3

No problem at all...was my pleasure to help out!

I can't wait to hear all the ball breaking from you guys over my "pimped out" .223 pistol :D

Want to see it, that sounds good :D I mean .223 pistol.

Edited by vjor

Oh yeah, I'll be there, I've got a bunch of stuff not sure what to bring other than a stock Saiga-12 and the RAK 12 I should have by then. I have lots of hand guns and a Remington 700 in 30-06, not sure what folks would be interested in...

Oh yeah, I'll be there, I've got a bunch of stuff not sure what to bring other than a stock Saiga-12 and the RAK 12 I should have by then. I have lots of hand guns and a Remington 700 in 30-06, not sure what folks would be interested in...

Hey Glocker,

Glad to have you join us!

I say bring anything along you want to shoot. Even if you don't break something out at the main event, you can still hit the public range since your fees will be paid for the day...only the 1000yd range is extra ($5 IIRC). I'll have my Rem 700 (in .308) out there as well if you want to bring yours and stay for a visit to the public range to do a bit of shooting at distance.

Who knows, if the March winds are blowing during the event we could set up a couple of helium-filled ballons at 50 yds or so, with one valid target, for those with precision rifles.

Hey Glocker,

I say bring anything along you want to shoot. Even if you don't break something out at the main event, you can still hit the public range since your fees will be paid for the day...only the 1000yd range is extra ($5 IIRC). I'll have my Rem 700 (in .308) out there as well if you want to bring yours and stay for a visit to the public range to do a bit of shooting at distance.

Who knows, if the March winds are blowing during the event we could set up a couple of helium-filled ballons at 50 yds or so, with one valid target, for those with precision rifles.

Like he says, anything goes when comes to bring out your hardware for the day. :D get your stuff tune and ready

not just AK type guns, like the post says fun under the sun.

All of us??? U sure bout dat? Even with guns around??? :unsure: What about Saiga SISTERS?

No question about it, we'd love to have you AND any Saiga Sisters!

But, since you brought the subject up, I think that the title of Saiga Biatch may very well be transferred if a "Brother" is outshown by a "Sister" on the field of battle. Not that I am advocating a passing of the torch, but you know how things go and that bygones sure as hell won't be bygones ;)

Hey Glocker,

I would love to try my hand at some longer range shooting afterwards. Probably won't be very good at it and don't have much experience but I've wanted to try Manatee out for a while. So long as you can put up with a newbie, you're on!

I would love to try my hand at some longer range shooting afterwards. Probably won't be very good at it and don't have much experience but I've wanted to try Manatee out for a while. So long as you can put up with a newbie, you're on!

Would love to!

Leaving the 1000 yd range out of the picture, the public range still goes out to 565. There's clays, gongs, groundhogs, & tons of other stuff out that far, aside from any paper we put out. Anything past 400 yds gets fun when the wind is blowing. Just pack your favorite match ammo or hand loads & we'll have a ball...and probably pick up a few pointers from the guys out there.

And there's no reason at all to feel like a newb; no matter the discipline, every one of us started out at some point and still learns something new every time we go out. The great thing about shooting is that while it can be competitive, there aren't any secrets that those "in the know" aren't willing to share to help push you to the next level. There's always those rare exceptions, but for the most part, it's a sport where we share and learn from each other. Each is expected to do thier own homework as it contributes to the whole, but whether your asking a question here on this board or seeking advice at your local range, we all help where we can.

Beyond that, opinions and styles vary, so take it all in and filter as appropriate to what it takes for you to get on target ;)

This is going to be a really good shoot, I am predicting, with a load of good guys. So far as I can see and tell, the attitude (or lack of it) should permeate the range that day, and should be especially welcome to many new and long time public shooters.

and YES, everyone is welcome! take the drive down, Shannon!!! with the woman!!

Glocker - Im not a big "glass" guy, but you are welcome to try out some of the longer reaching stuff I will bring along, and I am sure some of the others that show will offer the same. Ill sight them in first for ya, just to be fair, ehy? Have at it.

We need a canadian, a hippie, and an indian still! I might be able to supply at least one of the latter two, who has the first one?

I think we need to have a 100 yard charcoal briquette money shoot with iron sights, is what I think.....bring your single dollars, boys! (and gals)

We may see some serious hardware, some serious people, and some surprise visitors at this shoot. This is the biggest range in the southeastern US, and we should act accordingly! Lets all show and MAKE IT AN EVENT!!!

And above all,

LETS GATHER AS AMERICANS AND SHOOT FOR SOME FUN!!!!

We need a canadian, a hippie, and an indian still! I might be able to supply at least one of the latter two, who has the first one?

LETS GATHER AS AMERICANS AND SHOOT FOR SOME FUN!!!!

What, no Russians?!?

I might just ruin the day for you by showing up uninvited!!! :lolol:

I do not have an impressive collection of hardware like most of you guys do, but I'll just bring my ol' Saiga's and shoot a few targets with ya.....

It'd be great to actually meet everyone in real life after all these years!!!!

Hey like I say every one is welcome, man counting crows until D day, looks far away, but time passes quick

and the next thing you know will be time to spend a day with the brothers and burn some powder.

Hehe B you really pushing your luck, hehehe I bet you they are going to give you the run for your money

with the irons :D but have to be the young bucks ,because the old farts like me, cant even see the stuff

with irons at 50 feet LOL.

Come on Makc no every one has a impressive collection of hardware, brother just show up

is fun under the sun and to have a good time, like I say before is goin to be more than one caliber

available to try, just bring the ammo.

Superhawk138 about the lodge around the place, we will have to get in touch with any of the brother out

there and see, see must of the guys are from all over Florida, like my self 2 to 3 hours away from the place

but see what can be done. But no promises.

Is there any way you guys can secure any special motel pricing around the area?

Great idea! Give me a week or so since we're in the holidays right now, but I have some contacts that may be able to come up with something for us.

Bro you the best, if you were a girl I will marry you in a second, but you are not, dont get any ideas :D

Max - Russians are fine! We know you arent a commie, and besides, YOU STARTED IT by opening this site in the first place, so you kind of HAVE to show up!

Shannon - come on down!

Edited by Bvamp