Are there any camp grounds nearby? There is an outside chance that we might be able to drag ourselves down with the trailer. The wife is an old hippie, and part indian too. , she also shoots her S-.410 from the hip!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any camp grounds nearby? There is an outside chance that we might be able to drag ourselves down with the trailer. The wife is an old hippie, and part indian too. , she also shoots her S-.410 from the hip!

That's part of what I was going to post once I had info on the hotels. The club has camper facilities w/ power hookups on the property, but I need to check on pricing since I've never used them. Stay tuned!

One thing to remember, is it will be nearing spring break time in Florida, and Tampa bay is about an hour from the range, and whats there in tampa? well....the BEACHES at clearwater/st petersburg!

Oh Bud, you SO don't want to see me on a beach... :eek: Not a pretty sight!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

St. Pete is the tourist beaches, go south about 20 mins to Anna Maria Island for the good beaches. Saturday, March 1st. I'll be there. I only have an S-12, XD-45, 1943 mosin and an X39 but maybe I'll have my .308 by that time too.

Looking forward to it. It's really close to Duette Park but I don't know if they have camping.

We need a canadian, a hippie, and an indian still! I might be able to supply at least one of the latter two, who has the first one?

LETS GATHER AS AMERICANS AND SHOOT FOR SOME FUN!!!!

What, no Russians?!?

I might just ruin the day for you by showing up uninvited!!! :lolol:

I do not have an impressive collection of hardware like most of you guys do, but I'll just bring my ol' Saiga's and shoot a few targets with ya.....

It'd be great to actually meet everyone in real life after all these years!!!!

You and I need to get together and you can splain some of these Russian words I 'think' I know!

I wouldn't mind seein' Mrs.J and racegal on the beach after a day of shootin'! :wub:

if nothin' more than to enjoy the view....

At current temp levels, you ain't seeing much!!!

Probably counts for the guys brave enough to go for a swim too. :eek::cryss:

Hey, Jug, throw me one of those Knockwursts or a roll of socks. :wacko:

I am in NE fl and have some Class III toys(8" Tromix too )I may make it down there with some friends for that.

Any limits on the tannerite?We were going to do a 5 gallon bucket at the hernando machine gun shoot before the forest fire shut it down.

the range is 100 yards or so that we reserved. so a 20 pound tannerite is probably not a great idea :)

and yeh, I already asked about a can of diesel fuel and steel wool with tannerite and got a no....

but there will be some tannerirte there........

by the time this shoot happens and is going on that day, I am suspicious that we are going to cause quite a stir with the public range and the people on it.

Edited by Bvamp
I am in NE fl and have some Class III toys(8" Tromix too )I may make it down there with some friends for that.

Any limits on the tannerite?We were going to do a 5 gallon bucket at the hernando machine gun shoot before the forest fire shut it down.

Damn 5 gallon buckets, damn, bro far as I know as much as you can afford on the place, the range sales it. As long

you don't blow the place to kingdom come :D

Edited by vjor

declare them to the airline and check them in seperately in locking cases, make sure they are legal in florida. also, no AP, tracer, incendiary, explosive, flechette, less than lethal, etc, ammo is legal in florida.

wadda we gotta do if we wanna bring our own guns?

Get ahold of a TSA lock if you're going to be flying down with them...I'm sure these aren't 100% secure, but it's better than the TSA folks breaking the lock to inspect the contents.

This is one of many (see bottom item):

http://pelican.com/miscellaneous.php

so is anybody else coming or what? dont make me import NYers for the shoot, cause I will!

pasted from another topic with a new member, also from florida, due to relevancy:

we are holding off on other forums for advertising our shoot FOR NOW. thanks for the offer, it will duely be posted a week or so in advance, so that we dont have everyone in the state show up. This really started out as myself and a long-time friend of mine of several years here (vjor) deciding that now that ive moved to florida, to get together and go shooting and meet halfway. upon seeing what the range offers, and knowing of a good standing member there here at our forum, we decided, with other long time members here in the forum being within driving distance, to reserve the range, and post it and try to get everyone there! Its going to be a fun time, but we dont really want to see 1000 guys none of us know show up the FIRST time doing this, although we do want to see a lot of new faces there. I am really looking forward to meeting some of these guys, myself, as I have asked a few of them for very serious advice over the years here, and I will enjoy getting to smell some burnt powder with them.

Bring some of your buddies. remember, though, we are going to shoot as friends. there is no one-upmanship going on for who has the better toys. if all you had were a 22lr, and wanted to try some stuff out, we posted some different calibers to bring with you, and I myself at least, will be more than happy to demonstrate proper use of whatever I have, and let you shoot it to your heart's content. remember, its supposed to be FUN.

Edited by Bvamp
  • 2 weeks later...

I was able to get my appointments changed around. Any further word on:

"That's part of what I was going to post once I had info on the hotels. The club has camper facilities w/ power hookups on the property, but I need to check on pricing since I've never used them. Stay tuned!"

Because they are "small", I will bring a couple of Glocks in 45 acp (model 36 and the new 21sf) to touch, feel or try for those that might be interested.

Edited by Fatboy