Can long guns be shipped by USPS

Can a rifle or shotgun be shipped USPS, or is UPS the only way to ship? It will be shipped to an FFL and I have the signed ffl .

It will also be shipped INTRASTATE(if that matters)

Please let me know

Thanks alot

Yes, Here is the link. Look for Section 11, Other Restricted and Nonmailable Matter. There is some discussion there about it.

Can a rifle or shotgun be shipped USPS, or is UPS the only way to ship? It will be shipped to an FFL and I have the signed ffl .

Please let me know

Thanks alot

Yes, Here is the link. Look for Section 11, Other Restricted and Nonmailable Matter. There is some discussion there about it.

I think I will send UPS (grin)

Thanks for the help!

Please let me know

Thanks alot

I think I will send UPS (grin)

Thanks for the help!

I'd check, last I knew the only way they'd ship for us citizens is if you mail it overnight which might be pricy...

the ups over night thing,is ONLY for handguns,long DO NOT have to go over night, went through is before a woman at ups ended up writing me and a gunshop a letter more or less saying that she fucked up and was sorry just go to FEDEX and save yourself the bullshit

the ups over night thing,is ONLY for handguns,long DO NOT have to go over night, went through is before a woman at ups ended up writing me and a gunshop a letter more or less saying that she fucked up and was sorry just go to FEDEX and save yourself the bullshit

I've only shipped handguns before and they had to go overnight. I didn't think FedEx took them from consumers any more though they handle Ruger's shipments back to customers.

I've only shipped handguns before and they had to go overnight. I didn't think FedEx took them from consumers any more though they handle Ruger's shipments back to customers.

When I got the shotgun it was sent UPS ground last week ,my guess is it is ok to send long guns ground but not sure. I will call ups tomorrow and also the usps.

Thanks

Yes they will. Put insurance and delivery confirmation (at least) on it and don't ship any ammo with it. Also do not write any gun words on the outside of the box, it is against their rules. You cannot ship a handgun USPS but a longarm is fine. A regular citizen can ship a handgun UPS but it must go to a manufacturer.

Yes they will. Put insurance and delivery confirmation (at least) on it and don't ship any ammo with it. Also do not write any gun words on the outside of the box, it is against their rules. You cannot ship a handgun USPS but a longarm is fine. A regular citizen can ship a handgun UPS but it must go to a manufacturer.

Thanks for the update.I appreciate it.

Ken

i had a visit with i local usps main hub here in richmond last week and asked it i could ship my hk usp45 back to hk. the maniger said all i had to do was ship it proiprty mail with insurance if needed and delevery confermanton (sp). it arrived at hk in 2 days. I ship long guns usps all the time to another ffl. they are the cheepest way to go ups and fed ex are high as hell.

i had a visit with i local usps main hub here in richmond last week and asked it i could ship my hk usp45 back to hk. the maniger said all i had to do was ship it proiprty mail with insurance if needed and delevery confermanton (sp). it arrived at hk in 2 days. I ship long guns usps all the time to another ffl. they are the cheepest way to go ups and fed ex are high as hell.

I went to two USPS offices near my house and they told me NO WAY Jose on the handgun and you should see to look I got from people that were standing inline . Damn my last name ain't :osama: Binladen or anything like that. :P

I went to two USPS offices near my house and they told me NO WAY Jose on the handgun and you should see to look I got from people that were standing inline . Damn my last name ain't :osama: Binladen or anything like that. :P

Thanks

I already sent it USPS but it is a long gun. I sent for adult signature and heavily insured....No label or any reference that it is a gun...

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help!!