Anyone have a pistol cal rifle?

I have an IMI model B 9mm Uzi. Accurate, collectible and loads of fun.

UZGI.jpg

You may like H&K, I find them very klunky. YMMV.

My other "little" rifle isn't in a pistol caliber, but still LOADS of fun in a VERY small package. LOUD as hell too!:

AMD65.jpg

Even though I'm sure this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear...

But my Marlin 1894C (.357) and 1894P (.44 Mag.) lever actions are a real hoot. :super:

Better get them Marlins now too before Remington and that English holdings company who bought them out start cutting corners and making them typical modern cheap POS's. :chris:

My other "little" rifle isn't in a pistol caliber, but still LOADS of fun in a VERY small package. LOUD as hell too!:

AMD65.jpg

Nice! Doesn't look like that VFG (which appears to be the same as the PG, but reversed?) would be comfortable with that angle. How do you like it?

I have a KT sub2000 in 40 cal (no pic today). Wouldn't recommend it. It's probably better in the 9mm version, and you can get 33 round factory glock mags for the 9mm. The 40 is OK after much screwing around to make it feed ammo, but it's pretty clear to me that the sub2k is really designed as a 9mm and they just converted it to 40 which it was never designed to handle.

Had much better luck with the hi point, and the hi point is significantly less money and an elegantly simple design once you really get to know it. Only downside to the hi point is that you can't get true hicaps for it (wish someone would design a functional drum for them, they would be rich). Hi point is a US company with very good warranty service if you ever need it.

Beretta is also nice, don't own one, but have shot them many times. They are reliable. Alot of money considering you can get two hi points for the price plus change for mags.

Would love something along the lines of a com block carbine, but it's too much screwing around to put one together from parts for what it's worth.

The pistol carbine thing is officially out of my system. I'm sticking to my S308 and 10mm pistol thank you very much.

CMMG 16" AR in 9mm. Loads of fun and very well built. Extremely good customer service. One thing to consider in any pistol cal AR platform is mag choice-I've found that this one prefers steel and beta mags and is hit and miss with the Promag shown in the picture (coupled or not). Others take modified Uzi mags.

post-1866-1198955398_thumb.jpg

Hello, Racer 27

I add my vote for the Beretta Storm, but in .45 ACP.

Nice to have a 75-100 yard weapon that's lightweight and reasonably small, but shoots the same ammo as the 1911 or XD tucked in your waistband.

I've found that the AimPoint 2x red dot is ideal for my old eyes and this weapon/caliber.

Forgot to add:

I purchased this gun about three years ago for either $380 or $430, not the exorbitant prices I've seen quoted lately.....

post-3965-1199117151_thumb.jpg post-3965-1199117167_thumb.jpg

Respectfully,

guido2 in Houston

Edited by guido2

There are some other options, the ruger rifles, the marlin camp carbines also. I know they don't have the looks of the storm or the ar variants though. I have the poor boy of pistol carbines though in the high point, wont say its the highest quality but I got it for fun more than anything else, its the cheapest thing to plink with at the range after the 10/22.

i have to say the uzi is sweet i do not have one but would love on i have a mac 11 that i am going to put te 16" carbine kit on so we will see how it goes

If you put the carbine kit on your Mac, USE A BOLT BUFFER. You can crack your rear welds on a carbine without a buffer.

Being an enthusiast of H & K firearms and the unusual, I had to get one of these:

sp10tn.jpg

Special Weapons SP-10 9mm carbine. Basically, a semi-auto H & K MP-5 with a polymer receiver and 16-inch barrel. Pretty accurate and lightweight (my 13 year old daughter loves it).

Edited by Ronswin

FWIW...

I have two "pistol cal rifles".

Have one of those semi-only .45ACP TSMGs. Its an original Auto-Ordnance made 1927A1 "Deluxe"; looks like a 1928 Commercial TSMG with Cutts comp, verticle foregrip, 50rd drum.

In recent years, Kahr Arms bought out A-O. They still make the guns, but with many cosmetic imrovements to make it look more realistic, and now offer one with a detachable butt, like the originals. And for those who can get an NFA sign-off - a factory SBR to look even MORE realistic.

Its a hoot to shoot, but sadly not full auto. But then, the drum would empty faster!

My other pistol-cal is one of the very few Dagenham, U.K. Sterling Carbines that made it in-country back in the glory days. It is their Mark6 Carbine, a semi-only version of the 9mm Sterling SMG.

The Sterling has the under-folder stock and curved side-feeding 32rd mags. It's wicked fast in semi, but the longish barrel sticking out of the receiver looks kinda Uzi-carbine goofy.

Back in the day, they sold for under $800.00, and dealers almost couldn't give them away as they were not as cool as the H&K94 or Uzi, and were so expensive compared to similarly priced AR-15s, Valmets, Galils, H&Ks, and $200.00 CHICOM AK rifles.

What kind of magwell are you using that allows that slight cant of the mag?

DIY. :rolleyes:

Removing upper and dropping in a Glock-adapter I have 9mm in a 5.56 lower. And both mags use same mag latch.

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Edited by JumiKuula
is that a suomi drum on the AR that things sweet like to get a side profile pic of it though

o yes i want one.

arsut.jpg

Old photo during building prosess. Nowadays FF-silencer ends where FF ends in the pic. Also red-dot is added...

It is Suomi drum. These also have Suomi barrel. ;)

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

I went for the classic american look with modern underpinnings and metalurgy. I just got a Herny Big Boy in the .44. Really quite a smooth action. A whole different animal to my saigas. Gonna go shoot some hogs this spring so it is going to get some real use.

post-2256-1200244746_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

D-max 10mm carbine

http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/...rbines/dmax.jpg

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89406747

i don't have one, but my wife's uncle has the pistol version......i would not suggest anyone attempt unauthorized entry to his home.....cripes that thing is a widow maker....