Belt Fed?

The problem is, there is a ton of R&D involved. It would be hellishly expensive.

Yep, it wouldn't be worked out in a day that is for sure. I was asking Tony about this awhile back and he estimated he would need $100,000 to cover time, material.... to get it figured out. Hey, maybe someone would get lucky and it only take Tony half of what he thought. It sure would be sweet though!

$100k is really not all that bad when you think about it. The second one would take about 1/3 what the first did, and retrospective redesign for manufacturing would take a little more off by the 5th one or so.

For systematized small scale production (approx 30 units per year) I would pull the $10k each number out of my ear. Which is about what pre-'86 registered AKs and ARs go for. I would imagine military full auto and civilian semi-auto would cost about the same.

$100k is really not all that bad when you think about it. The second one would take about 1/3 what the first did, and retrospective redesign for manufacturing would take a little more off by the 5th one or so.

For systematized small scale production (approx 30 units per year) I would pull the $10k each number out of my ear. Which is about what pre-'86 registered AKs and ARs go for. I would imagine military full auto and civilian semi-auto would cost about the same.

Agreed, the way to make it happen would be to get 5-10 buyers. I'd guess that if one was 100K, that 10 might be a bargain and possibly only cost 120K (most of the expense will be development.)

In fact, if you could find someone who wanted to create one, there are some creative pricing ideas that could keep it tame cost wise.

Question is .... How many could be made before they are declaried DD's :)

Tony told me he could make it work- the MG-42 uses a rimmed cartridge.

No rim on MG42, the ammo is standard german 8MM with push through feeding belts.

there are beltfeeds that use rimmed cartridges though.

the way to make it happen would be to get 5-10 buyers. I'd guess that if one was 100K, that 10 might be a bargain and possibly only cost 120K

Question is .... How many could be made before they are declaried DD's :)

Hell , If there ready to spend 8-10K for one whats another $200.

I was sitting there thinking "MG-42? Does he mean the Russian PK?" and BAM a couple posts down!

It's intriguing, what do new PKM' Semi-auto's cost? wait, 6,000. Found it. So you'd need 10 new ones, (60k) and the work done by tony (60k) so 12k each for the first 10? Not bad for a Belt fed doomsday device.

Isn't that just a bandoleer fed through the mag hole?

Yeah, that's all it is. Pretty funny though.

That was an April fools joke I played on the guys a couple of years ago...lol.

Huh? :unsure: WTF dude, let me in on the joke next time eh? SHeesh.

I've sent like 20 dudes to you for the conversion parts.

(heads to site to remove pic...)

Isn't that just a bandoleer fed through the mag hole?

Yeah, that's all it is. Pretty funny though.

That was an April fools joke I played on the guys a couple of years ago...lol.

Huh? :unsure:WTF dude, let me in on the joke next time eh? SHeesh.

I've sent like 20 dudes to you for the conversion parts.

(heads to site to remove pic...)

:lolol: I hope you're joking...