The Guerrilla Sniper

didn't GABE post this on the boards here yesterday? I could have sworn I've read it!

I'm a day late and a dollar short on this.

It was posted here back on the 31st.

It's what I get for not reading every damn thread..........................

Repost or not, its a great thread starter. the "guerilla" sniper...is just that...a guy running around, without much if any support, with his rifle, some ammo, and enough gear to survive on. SHTF or what have you, this type of soldier would be one of the biggest threats around short of a militia unit.

Gorilla,Guerrilla- the former would apply to damn near all of us here now, and the latter if TSHTF and our Country needed us.

That said, how come guerrilla's more often than not look a lot like gorrilas?

Nice evaluation of what most of us guys on these boards know already, Walmart has 147g SP 308 for about 50. a round but you can reload the shells for 11 cents a round with mil surplus ball point.

Something You don't understand about american politics, Liberals love liberty,liberty to do as they please without regulations,The past 8 years has done nothing but rape the constitution and our rights and the republican Governator is the only one I know that has passed new laws restricting gun rights with the signing of the law to do away with 50 cal weapons and ammo.

Let us not forget the current republican administration raping the constitution even more with domestic surveillance legislation thinly disguised as "Patriot Acts". Is this not what the KGB did in the USSR? It is what I escaped from the former Soviet Bloc for, and I do not need to see it here. I often hear if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear, but what about in the future? What will stop the government from saying something we do now is illegal in the future and then if the surveillance legislation exists you will be in a world of hurt. The best domestic security would be to REQUIRE all adults to own forearms and undergo training like in Switzerland, but I know the average American is now too lazy or too much of a coward to take such a responsibility. They just want to drink beer and watch Monday night football while someone else mans the parapet. Oh sure, they will moan and groan about their rights and freedoms but they have not the balls to stand up to defend them if it comes to that. Remember the oath is to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic, most Americans have been ignoring the domestic ones in positions of power. But that would require the masses to actually know the history of the nation, the constitution which is supposed to guide it's government and to just get off their butts and get involved.

average American is now too lazy or too much of a coward to take such a responsibility. They just want to drink beer and watch Monday night football while someone else mans the parapet......but they have not the balls to stand up to defend them if it comes to that. Remember the oath is to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and domestic, most Americans have been ignoring the domestic ones in positions of power. But that would require the masses to actually know the history of the nation, the constitution which is supposed to guide it's government and to just get off their butts and get involved.

1. I HATE football.

2. I HATE beer.

3. My Oath was taken SERIOUSLY.

4. I get involved. Many ways.

5. There are FAR more of us than you realize.....

I think Gabe is overestimating the role the GS has in his black helicopter world. One look around the real world tells me that an IED is one heck of a lot more threatening for an individual to use than to assume the role of an easily eliminated GS. I think you would need a real militia to do anything of any consequence. The importance of the second amendment is that a huge group of people with their deer rifles and praire dog guns, armed with something else called common sense can not (as a group) be hoodwinked into slavery. This GS stuff is mere entertainment for people that like to play out scenarios in their mind. Acting on it solely will make you a convicted felon in 99.9999999999% of all cases. Second amendment sniper, please...

I think Gabe is overestimating the role the GS has in his black helicopter world. One look around the real world tells me that an IED is one heck of a lot more threatening for an individual to use than to assume the role of an easily eliminated GS. I think you would need a real militia to do anything of any consequence. The importance of the second amendment is that a huge group of people with their deer rifles and praire dog guns, armed with something else called common sense can not (as a group) be hoodwinked into slavery. This GS stuff is mere entertainment for people that like to play out scenarios in their mind. Acting on it solely will make you a convicted felon in 99.9999999999% of all cases. Second amendment sniper, please...
Edited by William M

For those of you who think the government can't handle large numbers of people with guns, you might want to look at this. I think they're ready for us.

Well, this is not my house and I am not planning to get into an arguement, but I will point out a couple of things.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: "I think Gabe is overestimating the role the GS has in his black helicopter world. One look around the real world tells me that an IED is one heck of a lot more threatening for an individual to use than to assume the role of an easily eliminated GS."

My reply is this - then why are you here in such a forum? If you are a sportsman who just like s to plink at paper targets to pass the time, then I have nothing at all to say to you. You may as well be on the "Remington Hunting Rifle" forum, because as we all know...no self-respecting sportsman needs such weapons....right?

If you are looking at the fighting application of these weapons, then you may as well train corectly. If you plan to train correctly then don't waste your time emulating the FBI or the SEALs. Train with it like you would use it...should such a thing be necessary.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: "The importance of the second amendment is that a huge group of people with their deer rifles and praire dog guns, armed with something else called common sense can not (as a group) be hoodwinked into slavery. "

My reply: I suggest you read your history over again as you have overlooked some important points with regards to the Second.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: This GS stuff is mere entertainment for people that like to play out scenarios in their mind. Acting on it solely will make you a convicted felon in 99.9999999999% of all cases. Second amendment sniper, please..."

My reply: As I said...then why are you even here reading about Saigas. For entertainment? Perhaps??

Gabe Suarez

Suarez International USA, Inc.

One Source Tactical

info@suarezinternational.com

Office 928-776-4492

Spaniard by Heritage

Cuban by Birth

Christian by Grace

American by Choice

• Like 1

I agree. If your going to REALLY-- REALLY own a Saiga or any weapon with multiple target aquisiton ability you should practice with the BIG BOYS.

We don't do pray and spray, but hey if the SHTF, 'you do what you gotta do'. I prefer gettin mine done from a safe venue and doing snatch's. I'm not a perfect shot, but I'll get ya. My shrink back in the day said I was 'passive-aggressive' and paranoid-schyztypal (sp?) whatever that means. I have patience. Usually wait 6-8 months for a re-visit to a problem. :)

On some days I used to drive around with 7 loaded handguns with me just cause I could. Now if I have to explain that day and some of my work then your on the wrong page/site.

Again. These are just fictional arguments right. I wouldn't do ANY OF THESE THINGS. <_<

Okay. Not PC at all today am I.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

The effectiveness of a GS is debateable, but GS' can be very real. Just look at the former Yugoslavia. In many cities, people couldn't even walk down the street without a GS or government soldier taking shots. Many people there never imagined they'd have take up arms.

I do think your right in that some people get caught up in that lone wolf mindset. In the end it's best to have fun, but also be prepared. If the SHTF, I don't want to be the militia guy who gets issued the .22LR.

In the guerilla resistance world, the guy who can't shoot is the guy they strap explosives around the waist to and say, "go and walk that way."

Edited by dobravery
Well, this is not my house and I am not planning to get into an arguement, but I will point out a couple of things.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: "I think Gabe is overestimating the role the GS has in his black helicopter world. One look around the real world tells me that an IED is one heck of a lot more threatening for an individual to use than to assume the role of an easily eliminated GS."

My reply is this - then why are you here in such a forum? If you are a sportsman who just like s to plink at paper targets to pass the time, then I have nothing at all to say to you. You may as well be on the "Remington Hunting Rifle" forum, because as we all know...no self-respecting sportsman needs such weapons....right?

If you are looking at the fighting application of these weapons, then you may as well train corectly. If you plan to train correctly then don't waste your time emulating the FBI or the SEALs. Train with it like you would use it...should such a thing be necessary.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: "The importance of the second amendment is that a huge group of people with their deer rifles and praire dog guns, armed with something else called common sense can not (as a group) be hoodwinked into slavery. "

My reply: I suggest you read your history over again as you have overlooked some important points with regards to the Second.

buckandaquarterquarterstaff: This GS stuff is mere entertainment for people that like to play out scenarios in their mind. Acting on it solely will make you a convicted felon in 99.9999999999% of all cases. Second amendment sniper, please..."

My reply: As I said...then why are you even here reading about Saigas. For entertainment? Perhaps??

Gabe Suarez

Suarez International USA, Inc.

One Source Tactical

info@suarezinternational.com

Office 928-776-4492

Spaniard by Heritage

Cuban by Birth

Christian by Grace

American by Choice

AMEN! I was a submariner, that is the mindset I bring-stay alive by doing something OTHER than what the other guy is expecting. And "deer rifles and prairy dog guns" - that is NOT what most Americans used in the revolution. They had cannon (too few) and Brown Bess muskets-the 18th century equivelant to an M-16.

And Gabe-You are welcome here. Consider you'r self at home -with friends.