Pics posted of samples! Great News! All molds complete, excep

I just got a call and all the molds are complete expect the drum body. They shipped out some test run parts today. The main body should be done in the next week or two. I'm not sure why I wasn't called to go to the test run but I am not complaining at all! It might be that they didn't run them in Indiana as planned or something, I really don't care. I'm just glad they are coming. Hopefully I will receive them tomorrow. I was so exhilarated that I didn't even hear him (he did tell me though :angel: ) say when I should receive them but they always shipped the prototypes next day air.

I still don't know when I'll be shipping. Have to wait on the body to really be able to test everything for fit and function and to sign off on the tooling. I am ecstatic.

The parts I'll be receiving are the cover plate, dummy round, follower, and the top and bottom gear (these 2 will be heat staked together during production).

If all goes well there is a strong possibility I could be shipping before the end of the month. If not it has to be soon regardless!

:super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super: ..... :super:

I'll make sure I post pics when they arrive. Also I put the promised notice in the thread about the discounted price ending.

Mike,

I'm new to Saiga's; how does one get on your list for a drum and how much?

Jake

Edited by jmacken37
I'll make sure I post pics when they arrive. Also I put the promised notice in the thread about the discounted price ending.

Mike,

I'm new to Saiga's; how does one get on your list for a drum and how much?

Jake

Jake, You can either go to www.mdarms.com or you can click my signature link below or my banner that appears every once in awhile in the upper righthand corner of the forum pages. Right now they are $165, once I end the discounted pricing they will be $215. You can read more into that in the pinned thread.

So many sticky threads, not sure where to post this.. but Mike I sent you an email about my pre-order with my account# a few days ago with ne response yet. I need to update CC info for the second 1/2 payment due to my old CC no longer active. Thanks

Fxds

Such good news that I finally bit the proverbial bullet and ordered one. I'll have to keep it hidden from the misses for a while or tell her I got it free with the .308 I order this month. You bastards in the Saiga world are making me spend my money on FUN instead of responsible investments.... or are they both?

Such good news that I finally bit the proverbial bullet and ordered one. I'll have to keep it hidden from the misses for a while or tell her I got it free with the .308 I order this month. You bastards in the Saiga world are making me spend my money on FUN instead of responsible investments.... or are they both?

The old free with the other things trick ..My wife figured that out years ago. Grin...Thats why I am single again

Great news for sure.

Mike, let me make sure I have it right, the drum and 10 rd mags are going to work on the mag well that you are coming out with, correct?

Negative. This Drum will be Rock n' Lock. The Magwell is not. The 10 rd mags are also Rock n' Lock and will have to be altered to work with the Magwell.

Here's some pics of the samples! They put the USA on the cover backwards. Actually it isn't backwards. It is on the interior of the cover though so it shows through backwards. I wanted it reversed so it would be right when looking at it assembled. It will be an easy fix. Everything seems to look good. The retaining clip fits the cover a little snug but I think that will be an easy fix as well. I'll be concentrating on getting emails and posts answered this evening and weekend.

post-2662-1199474425_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1199474441_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1199474575_thumb.jpg

You ever gonna let us see what was "In the bag" from the original "Hell Yeah!" video?

Still wanna see...

Every thing here is looking great BTW! Congrats!

You ever gonna let us see what was "In the bag" from the original "Hell Yeah!" video?

Still wanna see...

Every thing here is looking great BTW! Congrats!

Thanks! Actually the bag wasn't hiding anything special. At the time I didn't want to show that I modeled my drum after the USAS-12 drum. That was all the bag was hiding. Also the parts aren't really interchangeable with a USAS-12 drum. Every part had to be changed somewhat. I'm sure it would be possible to tweak some of the parts to go to a USAS drum. Like the follower and the cover. I think the gear in my drum would make for a low feed in a USAS-12. Also the spring in my drum is bigger and some things would need to be adjusted to make them work on a USAS-12 drum.

Great news for sure.

Mike, let me make sure I have it right, the drum and 10 rd mags are going to work on the mag well that you are coming out with, correct?

Negative. This Drum will be Rock n' Lock. The Magwell is not. The 10 rd mags are also Rock n' Lock and will have to be altered to work with the Magwell.

Thanks for the info, so if the 10 rd mags will be able to be altered to work in the Magwell, will the drum also be able to be altered to work?

Just trying to get an idea in my head as to what I will be able to do and what I won't be able to do

If I remember right, the first magwell will work with stick mags and have a flared opening for quicker reloads for the action shooters, the second magwell to come out later will work with stick mags and drums both.

Thanks, so I will have to bite my fingernails until Mike comes out with the second one :wacko:

Appreciate the info.

Edited by waltham_41