What # are you currently serving?

Order I placed first week of September was finished being modified first week of December.

I'm way, way, way, down on the list. However, just for sake of being prepared, will Tony contact you when you are getting close? Does he get back in touch with you to confirm the final order, or changes you may have thought of while waiting, or what happens?

Thanks

WJ

Curious, what number are you up to on the waitlist?

#12? #20? #100?

istockphoto_799536_now_serving_ticket.jpg

Faster, faster, faster

logo_neu.jpg

faster-pussycat-kill-kill-2-1024.jpg

Damn dudes wtf? Just let the man work already. :rolleyes: You honestly think he should have to take the time to give daily reports like that to each and every one of you? That's just nuts IMO.

Curious, what number are you up to on the waitlist?

#12? #20? #100?

istockphoto_799536_now_serving_ticket.jpg

Faster, faster, faster

logo_neu.jpg

faster-pussycat-kill-kill-2-1024.jpg

Damn dudes wtf? Just let the man work already. :rolleyes: You honestly think he should have to take the time to give daily reports like that to each and every one of you? That's just nuts IMO.

We've got to have something to obsess about!

#67.

You need to remember, there were times where I took 25+ orders in a single day. That's nearly a months worth of work. So if your buddy got in line ONE day before you, he may get his gun a Month before you.

Also, there have been a PILE of SBS' all in a row. That really slows stuff down.

Tony

Just picture a stack of 8.5" X 11" paper (orders) about a foot tall............. New orders go on the bottom of the stack and work their way upwards toward the top.....

It may not be best to ask for your number, but how many inches down from the top of the stack are you !!!!

(Just put it out of your mind.........and let Tony work !!! You will not be disappointed !!!!)

Edited by Jeaux E
Order I placed first week of September was finished being modified first week of December.

I'm way, way, way, down on the list. However, just for sake of being prepared, will Tony contact you when you are getting close? Does he get back in touch with you to confirm the final order, or changes you may have thought of while waiting, or what happens?

Thanks

WJ

Was contacted when the gun (which I supplied) was being worked on. It was in the large batch of SBS's Tony mentioned. Order was placed probably a week before 'list' was started.

Because it's you I'll bite my sarcasm.

Tromix in essence told about 400+ customers to "Go away I'm too busy..."

If Tromix expects to keep customers in a 2 year queue, then your damn fucking straight they better give updates -- or else they will drive business to their competitors.

Information is good for a consumer. For instance, I am glad I now know (with as much accuracy as possible) that they are running at least 18 months out (based on a turnover of 25 guns per month). That's just factoring the waitlisted conversions -- so parts and retail stock non-withstanding. Those 2 additional things might put their work at more like 21+ months out. Of course they will probably get a lot of drops off their waitlist, as the months whiz by, so 18 months is probably fair.

Bottom line though, if I'm going to stay on the waitlist for two years to spend $1200+ on a conversion to my rifle, then I expect updates and then some.

Daily reports? No. A monthly post where they say what # they are serving? Yes.

I expect no less in life than I give.

If Tromix expects to keep customers in a 2 year queue, then your damn fucking straight they better give updates -- or else they will drive business to their competitors.

Personally I'd like to know where they are in the queue. I think one of the issues with providing updates shows up clearly in your post. While you don't know how long their list is nor how long it will take to reach the end you are posting as if you did. You would need to know the number and types of conversions in the queue to get a timeline since the SBS take longer than other types of conversions. You're giving them a good reason not to publicize the queue length and position in it.

Anybody that has seen Tonys work won't be going anywhere. Wilson Combat seems like a very professional company,and when they were called by my friend to check up on a set of coach gun barrels that Tony put shark brakes on, this is how it went.

Jim: Hey, I was calling to check on some Stoeger barrels that were sent in to get the Armor tuff finish touched up on.

Wilson Combat: The double barrels with the door breachers?

Jim: Ya, the ones with the Tromix shark brakes.

Wilson Combat: Those things are fucking wicked!!

I have a Tromix 12,and I don't have anything to compare it to,but I can't imagine anyone building one better.

"If Tromix expects to keep customers in a 2 year queue, then your damn fucking straight they better give updates -- or else they will drive business to their competitors."

Oh this is priceless. Let's see--what if Tony doesn't do as you demand? You'll do what, exactly? TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE? No not that!

If I'm Tony, I would go out of my way to NOT give a monthly update solely in hopes people like you drop off the list and go away! Anyone who's made anything for the public knows that customers like you are the ones you DON'T want! Destined to be nothing but a pain. I knew a guy who had a customer that was so whiny & nitpicky about a gun he made for the guy that he ended up GIVING it to him and refunding all his money, and the guy STILL wasn't happy!

If you are even on the list, take some Midol & clam up & wait. If that's unacceptable to you, have someone else build your gun, and go complain on that guy's forum.

It's better that you ask here than send daily emails/phone calls, right Gary?

WTF???????!!!!!!!!!

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: (Okay, so I'm a tad-bit infamous as a TROMIX customer... :angel:)

Bob, you have your facts.... only partially correct.

Ummm.... errrrrrrrrr...... Although I did in fact likely burn-out both Tony's and my email service providers' server, I damn well did NOT pick up the telephone to bother him.

I figured.... such would likely royally piss him off (and "Duh!".... I'd like to believe that I am not THAT stupid... and don't you say a damned word Juggernaut)........ and besides, I discerned in short order after my first telephone conversation with Tony that he's a guy of few words (okay.... so naturally that is readily evident by the length of his emails as well... :lolol:) and I sure couldn't speak "gunsmith" worth a tinker's hoot.

Point being, I did NOT call or bother Tony in that way.

I mean.... hey, if he decides to go turn-on his computer and read some emails at his own leisure, well.... whenever he does so, that's his personal prerogative and decision with his own time management; I didn't impede SHIT.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ....... :super: ....... :super: ....... :super:

Edited by Gary

When I PLACED my order for a SBS I asked for a ball park time frame on completion.

He ended up getting it done ahead of schedule.

That is what I have found works out the best for everyone.

Ask up front and then leave it alone. Nobody likes to be nagged.

I hate to even call the guy to ask a question. I have been to his shop and he is truly a one man show.

No receptionist or anything.

He has got a long list of patiently waiting customers for a reason.

Edited by okent
  • 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: When he's done with it, he'll ship it right out to you and then YOU can take a pic & post it.

Let the man work!

Once he gets past #172, why, he can take as long as he pleases! Perhaps a vacation even. Novel reading. (Perhaps Ulysses, or War and Peace. Or both!) Daily pedicures. Hourly entries on an on-line diary.

Suggestion: When he's done with it, he'll ship it right out to you and then YOU can take a pic & post it.

Let the man work!

Once he gets past #172, why, he can take as long as he pleases! Perhaps a vacation even. Novel reading. (Perhaps Ulysses, or War and Peace. Or both!) Daily pedicures. Hourly entries on an on-line diary.

NO, NO, and NO. A short vacation, yes. A long weekend, yes. A book on tape, yes. No world cruises, no taking a motor home cross country, no month long African safari, or anything like that, at least until Tony gets past the 390s.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

I had to skip past #89 and go on to others, since the FFL did not show up until late yesterday for that one.

72, 101, 104, 106 are all held up waiting for the HALO handguards to arrive......an ongoing issue.

91 is held up for parts - last minute customer changes

93, 94, 95, 99, 103 waiting for the customers to send in the guns.

96,97 done, but held up waiting for payment

I would be on 108 today, with 10ea skipped orders, but #89 FFL showed late yesterday, so I am back on that one today.

So.....you can see by this cluster fuck, that even if I told you I was on #108 today...that doesn't really mean shit, because you don't know how many orders were skipped.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I know it gets old people asking but could you please post a picture of #89 when you get done with it, it is just a S-17 but it is mine my very own.

Oh good God. Tony must have the patience of Job to deal with such mental midgets.

....91 is held up for parts - last minute customer changes

So.....you can see by this cluster fuck, that even if I told you I was on #108 today...that doesn't really mean shit, because you don't know how many orders were skipped.

Tony Rumore

All I gotta say to everyone is... "That number 91 is NOT me!!!!!!!" (And if you thought it was, you can go pound sand!!!)

:lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ..... :lolol: ........ :rolleyes:

I'm lucky number 313.

Edited by Gary

Another thing for folks to consider - Sometimes things get done faster overall when you group them according to category, not order sequence. That may not feel good to you if a number ahead of yours is coming along faster, but the way to understand it correctly is that it would be even later if the many stock sets that came before you weren't done as fast as they could be in total.

And turning down new customers is one of the most principled things a person can do when rate of demand exceeds rate of production. It means that when you do end up doing business with him, he'll make sure you're taken care of in good time instead of backlogging farther than he can effectively predict the timeframe for. A more common business practice would be to commit as many people as you can and let people be let down, because you already have the sale. Tony is choosing maximum ethics over maximum profit and deserves respect for it, whether you choose to do business with him or end up going another route.