New Saiga-12!........front sight question/problem

Just to clarify here guys......the latest guns that just came in, don't have screw-in front sight posts. They are now being staked in place and this screw-in post will not work on those.

Thank goodness! I was trying to remove mine (I installed the AK-style sight) and no amount of twisting would get it out. Now I know why -- and it's not just because I'm a wimp!

Jim

Well I decided I'm just going to leave the factory sites alone and save the money to be put towards the Docter site. I'll save some money and not risk the chance of screwing up the front site that is sitting on top of a pressurized system and not being able to shoot. I can see doing it on one where it is a screw out front sight, since at least if you mess up you can get a new front bead and try again, since thats what you modifying. Mine being stacked in, If I mess up, its part of the gun I messed up on. A chance I don't want to take. Tony I will be sending the site back when I get it, but I would like to say thanks for answering all my many question, I walked away learning some new stuff.

I took the screw front sight off of my S-12 and use the Russian front AK style sight. I never plugged the hole and it doesn't care.

I figured the hole would be a good place to squirt penetrating oil if the blind plug ever gets stuck. Probably never happen, as I use anti-seeze on the threads.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/admin/imag...nt/ultimak2.jpg

I ordered the ultimak rails from atlantic firearms, Im going to put a reflex on one and an EOtech on the other, should be way better than irons. If I ever get arround to it.

That mount looks good. I'm guessing you need a screw out front bead, or does it mount some other way? The more options I see everyday here makes me more confused as to what route to take. As of today I was thinking either...

1) Krebs sight with Tritium replacement front (which seems to be out of stock everywhere)

2) Rail mount with EOtech sight

3) Docter sight with Tromix mount

The other problem is I'm going to be moving, so I was thinking of giving my gun to Tromix and letting them do everything since the waiting list is 2009, So by the time I get it back I will surly not be in NY anymore.

BTW-> I got my Shark Brake in! Came very fast, had no problems, top notch quality, VERY satisfied with the whole experience! Thanks Tony, I cant wait to take a core sample of something! :devil: