whats the score with this....need to know

OK, *I* use setting 1 for virtually all shells. Once in a while I have to use setting #2.

setting #1 is for heavy rounds, and Ive found also, for the higher quality 1 1/8 oz high velocity trap loads as well.

setting #2 is for anything that dont like setting #1.

you should screw it all the way in, and back out to first position of which setting you need

if you remove the gas plug, you will notice a cut into the plug. This cut is the LIGHT ROUND setting. it allows more gas to travel into the action. this cut screws into the gun and on setting #2, faces the gas ports in the barrel and allows MORE gas.

If you want to mess your gun up, fire all rounds on setting #2. eventually, you will break the gun with heavy loads.

please post the link to the above post, so that the staff can review and remedy the post, if its in error.

you should come down to the manatee range shoot we are having on march first. bring that puppy, and a pile of ammo for it, you can blow the crap out of something with it, and Im sure the guys there can give you a thorough education on your 12 then, if you dont have one already from reading this site for two months prior :)

link to shoot info:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=21650

Edited by Bvamp
OK, *I* use setting 1 for virtually all shells. Once in a while I have to use setting #2.

setting #1 is for heavy rounds, and Ive found also, for the higher quality 1 1/8 oz high velocity trap loads as well.

setting #2 is for anything that dont like setting #1.

you should screw it all the way in, and back out to first position of which setting you need

if you remove the gas plug, you will notice a cut into the plug. This cut is the LIGHT ROUND setting. it allows more gas to travel into the action. this cut screws into the gun and on setting #2, faces the gas ports in the barrel and allows MORE gas.

If you want to mess your gun up, fire all rounds on setting #2. eventually, you will break the gun with heavy loads.

please post the link to the above post, so that the staff can review and remedy the post, if its in error.

you should come down to the manatee range shoot we are having on march first. bring that puppy, and a pile of ammo for it, you can blow the crap out of something with it, and Im sure the guys there can give you a thorough education on your 12 then, if you dont have one already from reading this site for two months prior :)

Bvamp.....thanks bro.

I reviewed the faq again and removed the regulator all the way out (like I should have to begin with.

I AM THE MORON.....got it straight as soon as I saw it. thanks for not beating the crap out of the brazen newbie. it really is a cool weapon. the gas system was the only thing I did not get right away and I should have. its all in the doing and seeing the part makes a world of difference. the faq were not in error I was, the only thing I would change is I would add a pic of the gas regulator removed with a clear view of the angle cut and that would have solved it for me.

best regards dave

ps I will post the saiga shoot on the ak files saiga section as well as at the build party. sounds like a good time. BTW we are going back to the gun show tommorrow to buy another s-12 so we have his and hers. matching krinks svd's and now this.....with 20 mags to buy and the brake that looks like a great whites mouth and the 922 parts also sounds like$$ haha

we are holding off on other forums for advertising our shoot FOR NOW. thanks for the offer, it will duely be posted a week or so in advance, so that we dont have everyone in the state show up. This really started out as myself and a long-time friend of mine of several years here (vjor) deciding that now that ive moved to florida, to get together and go shooting and meet halfway. upon seeing what the range offers, and knowing of a good standing member there here at our forum, we decided, with other long time members here in the forum being within driving distance, to reserve the range, and post it and try to get everyone there! Its going to be a fun time, but we dont really want to see 1000 guys none of us know show up the FIRST time doing this, although we do want to see a lot of new faces there. I am really looking forward to meeting some of these guys, myself, as I have asked a few of them for very serious advice over the years here, and I will enjoy getting to smell some burnt powder with them.

Bring some of your buddies. remember, though, we are going to shoot as friends. there is no one-upmanship going on for who has the better toys. if all you had were a 22lr, and wanted to try some stuff out, we posted some different calibers to bring with you, and I myself at least, will be more than happy to demonstrate proper use of whatever I have, and let you shoot it to your heart's content. remember, its supposed to be FUN.

Oh, and you are ONLY THE MORON WHEN YOU DONT UNDERSTAND AND DONT ASK FOR HELP!

again, the link HERE for the shoot:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=21650

Edited by Bvamp

This is the link to the proper gas regulator settings. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=262

It was written up by Makc (The owner of the forum) and is extremely self explanatory. I do not believe it needs an amendments.

If everyone who bought a Saiga would just sit down and carefully disassemble it and get familiar with all the parts and what they do, most things would explain themselves.

Like the gas regulator (or "blind plug") in this case. It so easy....yeah...even a caveman can do it.

Not trying to bust your balls collector, just saying the FAQ explains it very well. If anything the very first part, that says "take it out first and look at it", should be bold and highlighted.

THAT is what made me understand how it works. And it can also help with those few guns that manage to slip thru with the numbers stamped backwards (on the wrong setting), like the guy who posted last week about is.

Edited by Cobra 76 two
You may also like to read the "Saiga Service Tips" page on the Tromix website.

Link is below...

NOOOOOO what ever you do don't listen to this man. Its a trick, you go there and start looking around and before you know it you have a list of great things you will need to buy from there! :haha: