what has to be converted to accept 30rd mags?

hey guys im a newby at this. i plan on getting a 223 saiga soon, but im not to sure that i like the 10 rd mag. i would like to know what has to be done to get the rifle to shoot a 30rd mag, also how do you move the trigger group to install pistol grip?

i live in upstate new york, do you think that its legal if i can do these options to this rifle? thanks for youre time, any info would be a great help.

ok, upstate NY, mags have to be made prior to 1994 if they are high cap, and they usually dont ship anything mag-wise into the state either way.

so you cannot use the new mags being made, and have to use old style bulgarian mags or orlite 35 round mags and install a bullet guide on the gun, which will also (I think) make your factory mags not function. you must also comply with 922r, us parts/importation laws.

saiga RIFLES can be legally converted to pistol grip in new york state, outside of NYC, provided you follow 922r law for importation and US parts.

keep digging in the 223 and tech sections, you will find the info that you seek.

I only know all of this becuase i have recently fled the laws, expenses, and illegal invasion of NY state, used to live in northern dutchess county my entire life until last fall, and researched the saiga situation there in depth to get to the bottom of things.

links to laws you want to read:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=4206

Edited by Bvamp