Looking for Tokarev 7.62x25

• 5 months later...

Do you mean a CZ52? There is quite a difference. The Tokarev is loosely based on the Browning designed Colt 1911, while the CZ is a roller locked action similar the the HK series rifles. Its barrel moves in a straight line, not dropping down to unlock like the Tokarev.

I've not fired a Tokarev in 7.62x25, only 9mm. I did own a CZ52 at one time and sold it. I want another one now. I sold the first due to only shooting at indoor ranges where I wasn't allowed to shoot it. That is no longer the case.

Do you mean a CZ52? There is quite a difference. The Tokarev is loosely based on the Browning designed Colt 1911, while the CZ is a roller locked action similar the the HK series rifles. Its barrel moves in a straight line, not dropping down to unlock like the Tokarev.

I've not fired a Tokarev in 7.62x25, only 9mm. I did own a CZ52 at one time and sold it. I want another one now. I sold the first due to only shooting at indoor ranges where I wasn't allowed to shoot it. That is no longer the case.

Yes, your are righ! it is the 52. From seeing some you tube pics and talking to some guys I can understand why it was not allowed at one time with that muzzle blast! Because of the CZ's roller action would it allow greater accuratacy?

I allways wondered somthing about the tokarev. It has no feed lips on the mags, the feed lips are in the gun itself... so how does that work? Does inserting the mag push the top of the mag apart, open enough for the rounds to leave the mag?

I looked at a SOG flyer over the weekend that had CZ52s listed for $119.95, two for $117.95 ea.

I got all my parts, I'm fixing to build a Cobray M-11 in 7.62x25.

I got a Cobray M-11/9 kit, which is complete minus the lower receiver center section, mags from the CZ26 subgun, and a barrel from a Russian PPSh41. I'm gonna leave the barrel 10", and fabricate an upper receiver extension to work as a forearm/barrel jacket. I also have to rework the magazine well to accept the longer CZ26 magazine, as 7.62x25 is a somewhat longer cartridge than 9mm.

• 1 month later...

The CZ-52 is a better gun then the TT-31 Tokarev. Mine is very accurate (I widened the rear sight notch a bit for easier sight picture). The Czechs made a more powerful 7.62x25 round and the gun is much more sturdy then the TT-31. Be careful with surplus ammo though, there is some bad over pressure Bulgarian going around in the surplus market and I have seen posted pictures of CZ that gave up the ghost with that ammo. The barrel and slide shattered or badly cracked. Check out the CZ forum site for more info on the bad ammo.