Magwell question

Mike I posted this to the main forum board for Cobra but thought you might also have some more information on the mag wells (since it's your product) any insight you can give would be very helpful.

Cobra I have seen a number of references to Mike D's Mag well and the new mags he has coming out with,

Now what I have been doing lately (when time allows) is redesigning part of the device to work without having to do any mods to the follower so it will be easier for everyone and less parts to have to make and install. I am also trying to make sure it will function right with Mike's new mags and magwell, as well as his bolt release lever, so there is a small delay til I get all that worked out. I'm waiting for Mike to send me a magwell to be sure the angle is right. I already have the Russian 8 rd mag that goes to the magwell and as far as I can tell the new design will work with that but until I actually get a magwell to install and test it I won't know for sure.

but I'm a little confused, are you saying that Mike will be manufacturing a "NEW" type of mag that must be used in order to use his mag well ? Will the older AGP (Gen 1 and Gen 2) work with his mag well together with ALL factory 5 rounders and 8 rounders ? I know this is probably a dumb question and it's about another persons product not yours but like I said I was a little confused so I though I would ask anyways.

BTW I have a Tony Town (I love that descriptive :rolleyes: ) build date of approx. Feb or March of 2009 and I asked Tony if he would be willing to install all these neat little bells and whistles on my build if available by then (mag well, LRBHO, extended mag release, and bolt release lever) and he said he would if I could get them to him, might be the time for you and Mike to talk business with Tony for a TROMIX package deal :dollar: .

Mike I posted this to the main forum board for Cobra but thought you might also have some more information on the mag wells (since it's your product) any insight you can give would be very helpful.

Cobra I have seen a number of references to Mike D's Mag well and the new mags he has coming out with,

Now what I have been doing lately (when time allows) is redesigning part of the device to work without having to do any mods to the follower so it will be easier for everyone and less parts to have to make and install. I am also trying to make sure it will function right with Mike's new mags and magwell, as well as his bolt release lever, so there is a small delay til I get all that worked out. I'm waiting for Mike to send me a magwell to be sure the angle is right. I already have the Russian 8 rd mag that goes to the magwell and as far as I can tell the new design will work with that but until I actually get a magwell to install and test it I won't know for sure.

but I'm a little confused, are you saying that Mike will be manufacturing a "NEW" type of mag that must be used in order to use his mag well ? Will the older AGP (Gen 1 and Gen 2) work with his mag well together with ALL factory 5 rounders and 8 rounders ? I know this is probably a dumb question and it's about another persons product not yours but like I said I was a little confused so I though I would ask anyways.

BTW I have a Tony Town (I love that descriptive :rolleyes: ) build date of approx. Feb or March of 2009 and I asked Tony if he would be willing to install all these neat little bells and whistles on my build if available by then (mag well, LRBHO, extended mag release, and bolt release lever) and he said he would if I could get them to him, might be the time for you and Mike to talk business with Tony for a TROMIX package deal :dollar: .

You will be able to use 5, 8, and 10rders in the magwell after modding them. I plan to make a new mag that will be available in to different tower designs. One will be standard and the other made for the magwell. I think that most people won't want to mod their own mags. Also I doubt people converting saigas for a living wants to mod individual mags like that either. If I make a new mag it should take care of that problem/hassle for the buyers and the converters.

Though I can't speak for Tony himself... but I don't think he will have any issue or problem installing Cobra's LRBHO. It is a much simpler install, stronger construction (not saying Jeric's is weak, it is very strong) and don't think it will be at all finicky. Three key advantages over Jeric's, there are other advantages as well. Not trying to bash Jeric's, I do like his too. It's just that Cobra's is kick ass! I don't think Tony will have an issue or problem installing the magwells or bolt releases either.