Saiga Micro galil project

i have around 855$ into it

gun 300$

ace stock and galil grip 190$ shipped

pg conv parts, galil parts mag adapter 365$

that includes everything from bullet guide to conversion parts to ace stock im sure you could do it for cheaper if you shopped around but im impatient

Edited by motopilot1

question for ya. Does that scope mount get in the way of your folding stock? I had one of the belarus ones and I couldn't put it on with the folding stock on, the folder mechanism got in the way. Did you have any trouble? Does it get in the way of the stock when its folded (does it let it close all the way?)

Edited by Bonesaw
  • 2 weeks later...
question for ya. Does that scope mount get in the way of your folding stock? I had one of the belarus ones and I couldn't put it on with the folding stock on, the folder mechanism got in the way. Did you have any trouble? Does it get in the way of the stock when its folded (does it let it close all the way?)

nope doesnt get in the way at all closes fine and locks

• 2 weeks later...
Did you have to make a indent for the new gas block? also where did you get the gas tube? i dont see it on http://www.blackthorneproducts.com/.

the gas tube is on there, should be right under the gas piston on the list of parts. the gas block goes on like the krebs FSB/FGB so its all allens. The part that had me most worried was drilling the port, just make sure you have everything exactly where it needs to be before you drill anything

Damn, and here I was thinking I had an original idea the other night...then I found this thread!

What kind of front sight post does the Micro Galil front sight base take? Uzi, AR, AK, or something else? I found one pic on the web that leads me to bleive it is an AK frotn sight post?

Also...what are you using for a rear sight?

The front sight post is standard ak came off my saiga. as for a rear sight i plan to get a galil rear sight and fit it, i was also thinking of just getting a russian red dot scope as i have removed te one that is pictured

I figured thats where the sight post went on the FSB you sent me. :haha:

Did you have to make a indent for the new gas block? also where did you get the gas tube? i dont see it on http://www.blackthorneproducts.com/.

the gas tube is on there, should be right under the gas piston on the list of parts. the gas block goes on like the krebs FSB/FGB so its all allens. The part that had me most worried was drilling the port, just make sure you have everything exactly where it needs to be before you drill anything

I am confused. The gas tube is attached by allen screws? Can you post a close up pic showing the attachement. And what did you use to do the refinish?

Edited by pike2397
  • 2 weeks later...