Tapco T6 & Saiga 12 Marriage?

So I emailed Tony at Tromix the other day and asked "Does the T6 stock from Tapco fit the Saiga 12 without any further modifications"? His answer was simply "Yes"...My question is this: Is a Tapco T6 stock a T6 stock, or does the T6 stock have different configurations for different rifles? Every time I contact someone including Tapco and ask if their T6 will fit a Saiga 12 The answer is no, I'm confused...

The AR-style stock does not fit any Saiga, modified or unmodified.

There is an adapter to fit the T-6 to the ACE- style mounting (as Tromix conversions have), but no way to fit it to a factory-stock S-12 that I know of.

Not sure about Tony's answer, maybe you worded the question differently or something, apparantly he misunderstood you.

There is an adapter to fit the T-6 to the ACE- style mounting (as Tromix conversions have), but no way to fit it to a factory-stock S-12 that I know of.

Not sure about Tony's answer, maybe you worded the question differently or something, apparantly he misunderstood you.

Bob, if I may point out that Tapco offers T6 stocks for many rifle designs (which leads to confusion), and they make a dedicated AK one, too. To the OP, with the minimum wage employees answering the phone at Tapco, do you think they even know what a Saiga-12 is?

Here is what you want:

showimageba0.jpgClicks

Just went and looked, and Tapco makes the T6 for the Ruger Mini-14/30, and 1022, the Cetme/G3, the AR15, the SKS and the AK (both stamped and milled)

Edited by nalioth

Thank you. That's the stock I've been eyeballing and the Tapco price is very reasonable. I'm gonna order one now...NAM

Bob, if I may point out that Tapco offers T6 stocks for many rifle designs (which leads to confusion), and they make a dedicated AK one, too. To the OP, with the minimum wage employees answering the phone at Tapco, do you think they even know what a Saiga-12 is?

Here is what you want:

showimageba0.jpgClicks

Just went and looked, and Tapco makes the T6 for the Ruger Mini-14/30, and 1022, the Cetme/G3, the AR15, the SKS and the AK (both stamped and milled)

Here is what you want:

showimageba0.jpgClicks

How would this stock work seeing as though (from what I understand and correct me if I am wrong) that you would still need to mod the saiga to accept the pistol grip? Does the Tapco pistol grip work as well on an un-modified saiga. Would this also be true for the .308 saiga. Please say yes as I really want the tapco set up for my 308!!!!

How would this stock work seeing as though (from what I understand and correct me if I am wrong) that you would still need to mod the saiga to accept the pistol grip? Does the Tapco pistol grip work as well on an un-modified saiga. Would this also be true for the .308 saiga. Please say yes as I really want the tapco set up for my 308!!!!

Depending on the Saiga in question, the pistol grip mounting hole may already be in place. That cover plate on the bottom covers up an awful lot of interesting things.

The Tapco T6 stock for stamped receivers fit my Saiga 12. There was a space between the bottom of the stock and the receiver, so I put in a .030" steel shim with hole for the screw to fill the space. I added a Tapco rubber recoil buttpad.

If you are interested, I put an M4 cheek piece on the stock from Bushmaster/ , and added a scope mount from K-Var so I could add an Eotech sight.

I am happy with the results.

The Tapco T6 stock for stamped receivers fit my Saiga 12. There was a space between the bottom of the stock and the receiver, so I put in a .030" steel shim with hole for the screw to fill the space. I added a Tapco rubber recoil buttpad.

I bought a new T6 stock a couple months back and had to do a similar tightening fix. I also tapped an extra hole in the bottom of the stock and put an extra screw in it using the old factory trigger slot. I have another T6 stock that I didn't have to tighten up with a shim. I have the rubber recoil pad on both of them. I put a couple short screws in the top and bottoms of them to keep them from pulling off. I know some guys don't like the AR style stock on a AK but I find them comfortable and handy. Really I like all the different kinds of stock available that I have played with for their own reasons.

How well does the Tapco Buttpad (recoil pad) worlk on the S12. I have recently completed my conversion with the TapcoT6 stock and have yet to shoot it. I am thinking of getting a buttpad, but not sure which one is the best for recoil. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Butt plate looks to be the standard size of most inexpensive collapsable stocks so suspect anyone you offers a pad would probably fit the T6 stock. I'm going to troll the AR parts bin sites to see what's out there but will probably just get the Tapco model to ensure a good fit. Besides, it's only a 12 gauge...........how hard can it buck?

• 6 months later...