This isnt just a race thing...theres been a few other bullshit things that this depts gotten away with lately.All hells gonna break loose here in Lima.Cant blame them.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...1060398/-1/NEWS

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...EWS17/801070420

Edited by Pointer

Sorry, it's not a race thing to me. And I don't blame the officer. I blame the mother for living in a house with a dealer with all those kids. Darn shootin straight I wouldn't. It's obvious to me she didn't care enough about those kids to provide them with a decent home. And I love the claims that he wasn't dealing even tho he'd been convicted on drug charges before.

I like the part about the house being owned (but not lived in) by one of the city council members. Can you say "slum lord"?? Oh -- but he doesn't believe that drugs were being sold there, despite the fact they were found on the property and both the occupants had a record of drug dealing. Hmmm....

I don't see this as a racial issue at all -- it's about values and ethics. I don't care if you're black, white or purple - if you have more kids than you can support, deal drugs or let a drug dealer live with you then you shouldn't be surprised at the outcome.

It's a tragedy that someone died and a child was injured -- but does anyone honestly believe that a police officer (from a SWAT unit) would sight in on a mother and child and pull the trigger if there wasn't some kind of immediate threat? Anyone seen U.S. Marshalls - with the sawed off shotgun in the crib? I'm not saying that's the case here, but until all the facts are released the benefit of my doubt goes to the trained officer who had to make a life-or-death decision that night.

Take a look at the links at the bottom of the news page with the story -- half of them involve some other kind of shooting incident. It looks to me like Lima is a pretty unsavory place.

Jim

It's a tragedy that someone died and a child was injured -- but does anyone honestly believe that a police officer (from a SWAT unit) would sight in on a mother and child and pull the trigger if there wasn't some kind of immediate threat? Anyone seen U.S. Marshalls - with the sawed off shotgun in the crib? I'm not saying that's the case here, but until all the facts are released the benefit of my doubt goes to the trained officer who had to make a life-or-death decision that night.

I don't know. A supposedly highly "trained" sniper after all drew down and ultimately killed Randy Weaver's wife for apparently holding an assault infant at the time. :unsure:

Let me see....

Welfare Brood Mare living with 6 kids (probably from 6 different babydaddys) in a crack house

Police raid house after obtaining legal search warrant, more than likely after a buy-bust to support it

Said welfare momma gets smoked by the raid team, live in boyfriend crack dealer is arrested. baby gets hurt.

sucks the baby got hurt, but other than that, I'm fine with this outcome. The momma knew what was going on, and knew it was dangerous, and CHOSE to stick around. Hell, she was more than likely selling too.

Lets get Jesse and AL, and the new black panther party in there and stir the pot some. I'm running out of good tv to watch at night.

When I was a kid, there were posters in school and milk cartons to remind you that "The policeman is your friend"...

Lemme tell you...

Cops are not your friends Unless you are a cop.

I work with them (Cops and prosecutors) every single day in the Courthouse here... They are not out to seperate right from wrong or serve the just while punishing the un-just - they are out to get a conviction. The have no conscience regarding any case...

Many of you may say "that's how it ought to be"... but your are wrong - dead wrong...

(DA's and ADA's are even worse offenders... I see it day in and day out...) It has nothing to do with WHO commited a crime, it's a matter of who they can convict of it. I has noting to do about "protecting the public", but more about "showing the flag"... The DA in my jurisdiction has not procecuted a case since "The Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" case...

The executive and judicial side of our government have forgotten the difference between what they have a right to do and what is right to do....

Not just my opinion, but told to you by me....

Macbeau....

Navy87Guy,

+1000 percent!!!

DaGroaner,

Man, I look for your posts 'cause of the common sense ideas, straight talk, and even funny lines and comebacks. However, I have to disagree about the war on drugs comment, but amen to ending the welfare rolls.

As for the police in that town, I don't know about their mess ups, past or present. I do, however, know exactly the type situation and environment they entered and am quite familiar with it. Bad stuff can happen in an instant and an instant decision has to be made. Tough shit if a criminal gets killed in that situation, but no cop wants innocent kids getting hurt. Law enforcement never gets the benefit of the doubt.

Take a look at the links at the bottom of the news page with the story -- half of them involve some other kind of shooting incident. It looks to me like Lima is a pretty unsavory place.

Jim

The guy was a petty drug dealer at best...Limas a major hotspot along I-75 because Detroits only 2 hrs down the road.The major drug dealers are gang members sent down to set up shop :angry:

When I was a kid, there were posters in school and milk cartons to remind you that "The policeman is your friend"...

Lemme tell you...

Cops are not your friends Unless you are a cop.

I work with them (Cops and prosecutors) every single day in the Courthouse here... They are not out to seperate right from wrong or serve the just while punishing the un-just - they are out to get a conviction. The have no conscience regarding any case...

Many of you may say "that's how it ought to be"... but your are wrong - dead wrong...

(DA's and ADA's are even worse offenders... I see it day in and day out...) It has nothing to do with WHO commited a crime, it's a matter of who they can convict of it. I has noting to do about "protecting the public", but more about "showing the flag"... The DA in my jurisdiction has not procecuted a case since "The Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" case...

The executive and judicial side of our government have forgotten the difference between what they have a right to do and what is right to do....

Not just my opinion, but told to you by me....

Macbeau....

Macbeau,

Sounds like you don't know enough cops. Sorry you work around the seemingly wrong type. You also must believe, as per your quote, that:

1. Cops are supposed to separate right from wrong,

2. Serve the just,

3. Punish the unjust.

Nope, none of the above exactly. If you work with them every single day, you know that's not the intent and duties of officers. Perhaps the ones you see have that attitude, but that ain't it.

As for the DA's and ADA's, I can't speak for them. After all, they are 'lawyers'.

BUY AMMO NOW BEFORE IT GOES HIGHER. It sucks that a baby that had nothing to do with the situation got hurt, but I got $100.00 that says the girl knew what was going on and allowed it to go on. It's the same old shit, everywhere. The fricking dope dealers have more rights and are always persecuted. They didn't do anything wrong, they where just trying to make money to pay the escalade payment. The cocaine, crack, and meth dealers should all be, Uh, eliminated, no supplier, no supply. But there again, you'd be stepping on someones right to "conduct their business", and eliminating a voter for Hitlery or Osama. On the other hand, IF it is found that the cop screwed up, royally, then all of this girls kids should be taken care of until they are of legal age, but not by family members that would only teach them to reproduce as fast as you can and get more money from the system, but by ANYONE that would raise and teach them to be PRODUCTIVE people, get an education, earn a living and break the cycle, but with the mentality of people these days, all they'll do is offer the family a big payday to make it go away, as always. I have NO sympathy for anyone dealing cocaine, crack or meth, or any of the other shit out there. They know it's wrong, but don't care about who it hurts. It's funny have they seem to have the right to deal drugs, but assholes are trying to take away my right to bare arms, what's wrong with this picture??????? I just hope the baby is OK and learns from his momma's mistakes one day.

Someone gimme my $20 :haha::lolol::lolol: .

Sorry, no one accepted your bet! We all knew better!!!

I know, I should have known better. :haha:

Lets get Jesse and AL, and the new black panther party in there and stir the pot some. I'm running out of good tv to watch at night.

Those two are a joke.

The citys already said its the first murder of 2008,and there paying all the funeral expenses.This doesnt sound like a justified shooting to me...it all boils down that the cop fucked up and wasnt in control of his weapon as he was trained to do.Now the cops going to loose his job and have to live with this for the rest of his life and those kids are gonna be messed up alot worse than they were gonna be before this happened.The woman was supposedly to start collage this week so maybe she was trying to make a better life..Who knows?

Yes,99.9% of dope dealers are trash but the police state uses the threat of armed goons and deadly force even for traffic tickets these days and if you don't have a warrant for an armed robber,rapist,pederast,murder,ect what justifies the paramilitary style assault?

It's not like the guy has an RPG and half a dozen guys sworn to die for some foreign god,dope dealers roll over when you lean on them,they keep the guns for other dope dealers not for the cops.

The militarization of police forces against civilians uses the war on drugs as an excuse but when the drug dealers are no longer used a red herring to bilk tax payers out of money to buy APCs,body armor and machineguns they will turn their attention towards gun owners and other dissidents like most of you in this thread

:ded:

You are responsible for every round that leaves you're weapon. The trouble is that "under color of law", you can relieve yourself from any responsibility just by saying "I was in fear of my safety". If that's how you feel-QUIT! I do not want you walking around putting you're self in danger-then with you're hand trembling in fear shooting up women and children.

you guys make like crackheads and dealers have never drawn a pistol out of a baby diaper (where the drugs are sometimes, as well), and that this woman didnt make a similar move. if it wasnt aimed and for a reason that is calculated at the time, then the baby I am SURE would have been dead too.

you guys make like crackheads and dealers have never drawn a pistol out of a baby diaper (where the drugs are sometimes, as well), and that this woman didnt make a similar move. if it wasn't aimed and for a reason that is calculated at the time, then the baby I am SURE would have been dead too.

There are what 250,000 felony warrants served every year and most of the are simple possession or possession with intent and I have yet to see or hear of anyone with a simple drug warrant draw weapons and fight back since the mid to early 1990s.Dope heads expect to get served and they have a customary way of handling it which doesn't include getting burned down by an entry team by drawing a weapon

Armed robbery,kidnapping,murder yes but dope heads almost always fold or run.LEOs that get killed are almost never on a felony warrant service team serving dope warrants and usually get killed during traffic stops not dynamic entry like pulling over an innocuous vehicle that just happens to have a murderer driving who is fearful he's about to get caught.

When was the last time you heard of an LEO getting killed anywhere but a traffic stop or a DV call?

More Police State Mythology IMHO

...with meth on the rise, I expect to see it happen more, this story. What I also would expect to see, it the cops not get shot and pull the trigger first, and thier equipment to be effective protection so life threatening wounds occur rarely or never.

I hear every so often, people hunted down and killed by a hail of gunfire when they shoot a cop here, even if they dont kill the officer. Ill post the next one that happens. Its pretty frequent.

combine this together, and there, you have my reasoning for my opions about this type of subject in part.

...and ya know what? I AGREE WITH IT.

People do some messed up stuff, and these guys get to live with EVERYONE ELSEs mess. If a threshold has been crossed, there should always be the line that is drawn, and then inquired seriously about.

There is a serious problem when the swat team has to come into your home, and you deserve what you get when you dont do as your told with 5 guns pointed at you, or do something otherwise stupid, or in anger, like refusing to surrender a baby, and making a sudden move to a concealed location or other threatening move or gesture.

edit: grammar correction

Edited by Bvamp

Jim

The guy was a petty drug dealer at best...Limas a major hotspot along I-75 because Detroits only 2 hrs down the road.The major drug dealers are gang members sent down to set up shop :angry:

+1 on the Detroit thing. I grew up about 20 miles NW of Lima, and it's been going steadily down hill for some time.

I-75 is a major drug pipeline from Miami to Canada, passing through a good number of major cities along the way.