will a 45 long colt fire in a .410 shot gun

Drooling. Wtf is your problem. "my taxes are paying for you to be some real gangsters punk." All I can say is FucK You, another internet tough guy! Why do you like to flame behind the monitor like that. I was just having some fun but, you like to take it a bit too far. I was just having fun, hence the little smiley faces and such. I dont take what you are saying in having fun. I take it as disrespect. I dont do flame wars so Ill leave it at this. Be careful, one day you may have to reap what you sew! Chill on the bullshit. If you got a problem with me we can handle it. I have never been anyones Punk, I mean never. I'll die before it ever happen's!

Alright this bullshit needs to stop right here!

I'm no longer a mod here, due to my own mistakes and those of others, but I am still on the STAFF here. That gives me the right to at least verbally warn people when I believe they are being ASSHOLES and need to CAN IT!

A couple of you are really starting to get on my nerves as of late...in this thread AND in others.

Look...I've read over this whole thread and these are my observations so far....

As the OP, Pistolpimp started out asking a simple question that has been asked over and over on this forum over the years.

Some interest was shown and opinions given.

I gave my opinion that if it would fit (MEANING THE CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER AND THE BULLET COULD PASS THRU THE DAMNED BARREL) AND the EXTRACTOR WOULD GRAB THE SHELL RIM AND EJECT IT!, then maybe it would be ok to try in the overbuilt gun that is the Saiga 410 shotgun, but only if done in a SAFE manner, meaning behind a barricade with a remote trigger control. It was MY opinion, and I could be WRONG, that the gun itself could handle the chamber pressure and would not kaboom.

Well it was then brought to mine and everyone's attention that the shell rim was indeed too small for the breech and the bullet too large for the bore. (apparently there was a smartass who seemed to know that already but in his usual style he was just that...A SMARTASS in his answer and helped no one!

Then finally someone with genuine concern replied with a sensable answer.

I thanked turbo for his intelligent reply and admitted I was wrong, having never actually seen a 45 long Colt compared to a 410 shell.

The question had been answered at this point, and the subject was changed to talk about the .410/ .45 pistol ( but of course mr nalioth had to get in one more stab with his smartass darwin comment first :ded: )and branched out to was it or was it not a good carry pistol, whether or not the OP could actually fire both barrels at the same time, and whether or not the owner having modified the pistol to be ABLE to fire them both together constituted a "machine gun". :rolleyes:

My grandfather's double barrel 12 ga can fire both at the same time and I have. Does that make it A MACHINE GUN??

NO!

The OP stated it had TWO triggers. I have not seen this gun up close and I don't know for a fact how it operates other than simple single action click click boom.

I do know for a fact though, that some of the people responding in this post are doing nothing more than TROLLING.

Part of my job here is keeping a lookout for that kind of shit.

I can understand a bit of tension that exists between Bob and the OP due to the very rude behavior of the pistolpimp toward Tromix, who Bob is very tight with. Bob's a good guy and knows his limits (and a lot of other things) so I don't see him as a troll at all. Pistolpimp apologized to Tromix and hopefully they can soon not have all the tension between them. I have not seen Tony acting like he's bothered. He did come off as quite an ass here when he first joined and pissed a lot of people off good fashioned. That's his cross to bear and if he decides to stick around and try to get along with the membership here, I think you should cut him some slack, just like we discussed in another thread. He obviously loves AKs just like we all do and came here to talk about them and learn ust like a lot of us. He's not the only member of our forum who comes off as a bit cocky. Just deal with it. Pistolpimp maybe try and tone it down a bit at least til you get to know people here better.

Trolling Idiot I don't think I've ever even seen you posting in the .410 section? I could be wrong, hell I often am but at least I admit it...

You should apologize for having offended this guy IMO. You were obviously doing nothing but trying to make him look like a complete dumbfuck and so was nalioth.

BOTH of you are trolling and it needs to stop right here. Nalioth you seem to enjoy being a smartass all over the forum, not just here. I wish you would learn some manners.

I can understand a bit of tension that exists between Bob and the OP....

PistolPimp and I are cool. He got off on the wrong foot with me, but that's over and he's a member of the community now.

I wasn't trolling him, I really am suprised at all the gear (he claimed) he carries! Than again, maybe he was trolling ME!

You didn't think I would say something when he claimed to carry 4 pistols, including a Cobray? lol

I can understand a bit of tension that exists between Bob and the OP....

PistolPimp and I are cool. He got off on the wrong foot with me, but that's over and he's a member of the community now.

I wasn't trolling him, I really am suprised at all the gear (he claimed) he carries! Than again, maybe he was trolling ME!

You didn't think I would say something when he claimed to carry 4 pistols, including a Cobray? lol

Like I said Bob, it's all cool. You know that man. I hear ya! That is a lot of hardware.

I think that I'll apologize as seeing after my post is where everything started going down hill. So Pimp I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come across like it did. I had a picture of that big guy on U tube shooting a handgun in some huge caliber. The thing just came back and hit him in the face. With all of the shit that you have recieved after your first post you took it as just another asshole fucking with you. I was going to say something but I was at work when I saw you response, so I couldn't, and by the time I got home from work the flaming had started. So I just stayed out of it as to not worsen the sit.

I think that I'll apologize as seeing after my post is where everything started going down hill. So Pimp I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come across like it did. I had a picture of that big guy on U tube shooting a handgun in some huge caliber. The thing just came back and hit him in the face. With all of the shit that you have recieved after your first post you took it as just another asshole fucking with you. I was going to say something but I was at work when I saw you response, so I couldn't, and by the time I got home from work the flaming had started. So I just stayed out of it as to not worsen the sit.

thee are no hard feelings here with anyone, Including GunnyR. I tried to write him a letter but he has blocked my pm's. I am just here to learn and make a few friends. Thanks for taking the time to apologize. I do the same. It seems lately I spand a lot of time saying sorry. In the future I hope I can control myself so I wont have to say hse words :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

No !!!!!! Stop !!!!! Don't kill yourself !!!!

Your thinking is slightly backwards --- you can fire a 410 shot shell in a 45-Colt but you can't fire a 45-Colt in a 410 shot-gun. The internal bore diameter of a 45-Colt gun is about 0.452" to 0.454" and the internal diameter of a 410 shotgun is about 0.408" to 0.412". Now most 45-Colt guns don't have a deep enough chamber to accept the 410 shot shell but some such as your gun (Nice by the way, I always wanted one of those by the way -- they no longer make those and they are hard to find) have an extra deep chamber and throut and are known as "combination guns" and are designed to fire either 45-Colt or 410 shot shells and are usually labled "45-Colt/410-shot" on the barrel.

SOG has them still just like that one, they are made by Cobray. Just ask your ffl he should be able to get you one